DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Astro Boy: Omega Factor (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/472029-astro-boy-omega-factor.html)

grim_tales 07-19-06 03:47 AM

Astro Boy: Omega Factor

Hey,

Does anyone have this for their GBA/DS? :)

Whizzing through the game surprisingly fast - very addictive (I'm on Chapter 7 of the 1st saga "Birth") but I still have the "Re-Birth" saga to do and the game apparently has lots of replay value. I'm on the "World's Strongest Robots" Chapter and the first one, North, keeps kicking my ass every time I attack him. Otherwise he just blocks everything with his 6 arms. :(

Help.. :) :confused:

Breakfast with Girls 07-19-06 09:35 AM

Before all the hype surrounding this game, I saw it at a Circuit City sale for $4.96 and was <i>this</i> close to buying it, but decided to pass because I had picked up several other games that day. Curses!

DVDChris 07-19-06 01:28 PM

I have it, but haven't played it yet. It's part of the ever growing stack of unplayed/unwatched games and dvds.

fujishig 07-19-06 02:15 PM

I love this game... but I played it so long ago, I don't remember specific boss strategies. I would check the one FAQ on Gamefaqs. Apparently, he teleports out of the way if you just try to shoot him, so the strategy is to punch him once (which he blocks) then quickly shoot him with your finger laser.

cerial442 07-19-06 02:52 PM

I don't remember exactly how I did it, but I had to look it up on GameFaqs.com

pizzamousechips 07-19-06 04:27 PM

I loved it and forgot it too. I just remember abusing the super powers... I think it was the laser one? Use that on the boss as much as possible.

grim_tales 07-20-06 04:36 AM

I use my arm cannon a lot :D

dcswirl 07-23-06 07:39 PM

I searched and searched for this game before finally finding it at wal mart for $15. Good game.

grim_tales 08-18-06 04:48 PM

I finally completed it properly today (just now). Superb game, I'm kinda sad its finished. :( I loved the RPG-ish puzzle element of it.

Spoiler:
The very last boss, who turns out to be Pook, is surprisingly easy and a bit of a wimp. I think it would have been better if a possessed Nuka had been the last boss. Saying that World 8 as a whole is a PITA where you have to fight past bosses and THEN a final boss.

I havent enjoyed a game this much since Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door :D The 2-D shooter levels are great.

Breakfast with Girls 08-19-06 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by dcswirl
I searched and searched for this game before finally finding it at wal mart for $15. Good game.

No need to search: plenty of places online have it. Anyone looking for it should check Froogle, or eBay.

Jtnguyen12 08-19-06 02:19 PM

If you lucky~ You can find Astroboy (GBA) for $5 at local Sears store.