Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Original Street Fighter 2 US game cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-06, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Original Street Fighter 2 US game cover

Hello,

Can anybody still remember on this cult cover, which is showing the amazing painting with the tough battle between Chun Li, Blanka and Ryu?

If yes, what are your opinions about that cover?

cover --->
http://www.mobygames.com/game/covers...2/gameId,6239/

Regards

Jan
Old 06-09-06, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Are we supposed to remember something specific because it seems like your first sentence leaves something important out...

If not, of course I remember that cover. I remember that came out when I was vacationing at my friend's family's farm up in Wisconsin. Let me tell you, there was nothing to do but play SF2, LttP, and SMW on the SNES. Some Civilization on the PC for the longer sessions.
Old 06-10-06, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

well there's something seriously wrong with it, the garbage cans in the background defy gravity.
Old 06-10-06, 01:06 AM

anyone remember the promotional video that came with sf turbo? it was so cheesy.
Old 06-10-06, 05:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blanka liquidated both Ryu and Chun Li.
Old 06-10-06, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by deadpool24
anyone remember the promotional video that came with sf turbo? it was so cheesy.
"Dhalsim's Yoga Teleport. Now you see him. Now you don't!"
Old 06-10-06, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is your cheesy vid hehe
Old 06-10-06, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sweet merciful crap. At least later on it seemed these Nintendo videos gave in and just embraced the cheesiness...remember the Star Fox 64 video anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBF3X...x%2064%20video

I'm surprised the Donkey Kong Country promo isn't up. I think I still have that one lying around somewhere...

Last edited by Anubis2005X; 06-10-06 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-10-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Even though you can only see her profile, you can tell Chun Li has that "oh shit" look on her face.

Originally Posted by deadpool24
LOL, i still have that video.

Last edited by Maxflier; 06-10-06 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-10-06, 09:15 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
You had to post this at two seperate forums? (CAG)
Old 06-10-06, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
You had to post this at two seperate forums? (CAG)
They've posted it more than once over at CHUD. I don't know what the deal is, exactly.
Old 06-12-06, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Sweet merciful crap. At least later on it seemed these Nintendo videos gave in and just embraced the cheesiness...remember the Star Fox 64 video anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBF3X...x%2064%20video

I'm surprised the Donkey Kong Country promo isn't up. I think I still have that one lying around somewhere...
I remember getting the DKC VHS tape way back when. I was stoked to see this new game and a glimpse inside Nintendo HQ. I liked the Nintendo (Ultra) 64 in the meeting room playing Killer Instinct at the very end.
Old 06-13-06, 02:02 PM

Strange thread topic, to say the least, but Street Fighter II RULES!! The best tournament fighter of all time. Actually, the best would be Street Fighter II Turbo, and the best home version of that is the SNES version. Everything else is just a variation on a theme. When I first stumbled across SFII in an arcade in Orlando, FL on a band trip, I was blown away. I could never play it very well in arcades. On the SNES I finally learned the special moves. I still have it and play it to this day. Samurai Shodown is awesome in its own way, taking the SFII formula in another direction. I lament the loss of fighter sticks in next gen consoles.

The 16-bit era: the golden age of gaming for me.
Old 06-13-06, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Egon's Ghost
I lament the loss of fighter sticks in next gen consoles.
You know there are plenty of ways to build a really nice arcade stick for these next gen consoles right?

Just look at some of the craftsmanship that some people do. Good stuff. If you are really hard up for good quality hardware just look around. I have 4 arcade sticks already for all my systems.

Speaking of Old Skool SF2, I got ahold of some good arcade gameplay footage. Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5VgolrgBCM
Old 06-13-06, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I lament the loss of fighter sticks in next gen consoles.
I take it you've never seen this bad boy:

Old 06-13-06, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's all about this bad boy:

About the cover, thank God we don't have to put up with art like that for Japanese games very often these days.
Old 06-13-06, 07:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jessecrx
Speaking of Old Skool SF2, I got ahold of some good arcade gameplay footage. Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5VgolrgBCM

Man!! That video brought back some wonderful memmories! That sagat style is similar to mine, but im way more aggressive and i trick guiles with different speeds of the tiger. But man, i CANNOT wait for the XBL version, i predict many a nights of playing.

PixyJunket

I have 2 X-Arcade Solos. Im hoping they come out with a Xbox 360 adapter!
Old 06-13-06, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Blitz6Speed
Man!! That video brought back some wonderful memmories! That sagat style is similar to mine, but im way more aggressive and i trick guiles with different speeds of the tiger. But man, i CANNOT wait for the XBL version, i predict many a nights of playing.

PixyJunket

I have 2 X-Arcade Solos. Im hoping they come out with a Xbox 360 adapter!
Comes out the 28th of this month.

Guile Vs Sagat is a very very hard match for Guile. Check out these vids of John Choi(Best Sagat player in the US) vs Kurahashi Guile(one of Japan's Best Guile players). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R0sg...ch=john%20choi

Now I know to most people all they see is Sagat throwing a bunch of tiger shots but in Super SF2 Turbo that is his bread and butter. He's just so damn fast!

This next one is one of my favorite vids. It's John Choi Vs Daigo Umehara. Once Daigo picks Balrog it's all over. I have never seen a rush-down Balrog player like this. Crazy footage. Choi is on the LEFT, Daigo on the RIGHT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnG-O...ch=john%20choi
Old 06-13-06, 08:57 PM
Banned

Comes out the 28th of this month.

Guile Vs Sagat is a very very hard match for Guile. Check out these vids of John Choi(Best Sagat player in the US) vs Kurahashi Guile(one of Japan's Best Guile players). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R0sg...ch=john%20choi

Now I know to most people all they see is Sagat throwing a bunch of tiger shots but in Super SF2 Turbo that is his bread and butter. He's just so damn fast!

This next one is one of my favorite vids. It's John Choi Vs Daigo Umehara. Once Daigo picks Balrog it's all over. I have never seen a rush-down Balrog player like this. Crazy footage. Choi is on the LEFT, Daigo on the RIGHT

DAMN I LOVE THESE VIDEOS!! Is this the same John Choi that used to come down to So Cal Golfland on beach blvd to play tourneys in SF3 against Alex? If so, i used to hang with that entire crew when i was younger and still doing the arcade fighting thing. I only have one issue and thats the fact that i never got used to the faster speed of hyper edition, CE was my forte, so thats going to take some time to get used to. Otherwise, ITS ON!!!!

BTW, you saying SF2HF is out on the 28th or the X-Arcade adapter for the 360? If its SF2, does it play perfect over live now?
Old 06-13-06, 09:26 PM

Hey, I know about those arcade-cabinet-style sticks, and I've seen the custom-built sticks. I'm talking for the layperson, the general public. The NES Advantage, the old Genesis stick. Those are well-built sticks. The ones pictured above, I don't have the time, energy, money, nor skills to have those.
Old 06-13-06, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Blitz6Speed
DAMN I LOVE THESE VIDEOS!! Is this the same John Choi that used to come down to So Cal Golfland on beach blvd to play tourneys in SF3 against Alex? If so, i used to hang with that entire crew when i was younger and still doing the arcade fighting thing. I only have one issue and thats the fact that i never got used to the faster speed of hyper edition, CE was my forte, so thats going to take some time to get used to. Otherwise, ITS ON!!!!

BTW, you saying SF2HF is out on the 28th or the X-Arcade adapter for the 360? If its SF2, does it play perfect over live now?
That's Choi alright. He and Alex are good friends and have a friendly rivalry now. Not like back in the day when Nor Cal and So Cal had a very bitter rivalry.

SF2 HF for XBLArcade is coming out on the 28th. Don't worry, it's been slowed down just a tad for online gaming. Should be really nice. Gameplay is going to depend on your connection. I have played both good and bad quality games over XBL so it varies.

if you are ever down to play some lag free SF2 games over an SNES emulator just let me know.
Old 06-13-06, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey, I know about those arcade-cabinet-style sticks, and I've seen the custom-built sticks. I'm talking for the layperson, the general public. The NES Advantage, the old Genesis stick. Those are well-built sticks. The ones pictured above, I don't have the time, energy, money, nor skills to have those.
Well, there is the Dead Or Alive 4 Stick. Not the best but overall a pretty good stick.
Old 06-13-06, 10:56 PM
Banned

That's Choi alright. He and Alex are good friends and have a friendly rivalry now. Not like back in the day when Nor Cal and So Cal had a very bitter rivalry.

SF2 HF for XBLArcade is coming out on the 28th. Don't worry, it's been slowed down just a tad for online gaming. Should be really nice. Gameplay is going to depend on your connection. I have played both good and bad quality games over XBL so it varies.

if you are ever down to play some lag free SF2 games over an SNES emulator just let me know.
Say hi to alex for me, my name is Jack, hopefully he'll remember me although i havent seen him in years! That peruvian bastard. My internet connection does 1000+k/sec down and 100k/sec up, XBL games are really smooth for the most part for me, so i have my hopes up.

I just bought SF Alpha Anthology and i'd forgotten how freakin fun the alpha games were. Do you know if capcom plans on bringing more fighters to live if HF does well? I hear midway is about to release Mortal Kombat for XBL as well, and thats a MUST have too! I hope SNK follows suit with the KOF series and the Sam Shodown's!!! If it were to come true, i know the 360 would truely be in a leage of its own for online fighters by itself, let alone the great titles avail for it.
Old 06-13-06, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That was awesome the way he tore that dude a new asshole with M. Bison Balrog. And definately more entertaining than watching him throw fireballs the whole time. Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger!
Old 06-13-06, 11:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maxflier
That was awesome the way he tore that dude a new asshole with M. Bison Balrog. And definately more entertaining than watching him throw fireballs the whole time. Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger! Tiger!
The problem is, Balrog is so overpowered in SSF2T, that most wont play against you if you picked him, back in the day. My balrog was DAMN good, but not that good. I never had that kind of consistancy, however, quick kills were common place.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.