DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Poll: New Nintendo DS Customer or Upgrading Old DS Consumer (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/468225-poll-new-nintendo-ds-customer-upgrading-old-ds-consumer.html)

Michael Corvin 06-09-06 10:08 AM

Poll: New Nintendo DS Customer or Upgrading Old DS Consumer

So let's see the numbers on DVD talk. How many of you are new to the DS with the Lite vs how many of you are upgrading?

pinata242 06-09-06 10:11 AM

Old to the DS with no plans of upgrading. There's going to have to be a bundle or a color I need before that'll happen.

Jeremy517 06-09-06 10:18 AM

New to the DS.

I own the GBA and previously owned the original GB, but took a wait-and-see attitude with the DS. When it became clear that the DS had a number of very good to great titles and when the DS Lite was announced, it became a no-brainer.

PixyJunket 06-09-06 10:18 AM

Upgrade here.. I've already got a buyer for my old baby so it's not too bad.

Mikael79 06-09-06 10:59 AM

I'm an original DS owner, and I think I'm going to stick with it for quite a while.

pinata242 06-09-06 11:00 AM

No option for us, Mikael :( We should still apply by at least a 3/5 rule, right? I DEMAND REPRESENTATION!

Josh H 06-09-06 11:07 AM

Upgrading. I'm fine with white, with the glossy plastic any darker colors just show fingerprints too much and look like crap all the time as a result.

Though of waiting for a bundle, but decided to try to get myself one this week for a reward for studying 8-10 hours a day for the past week, with 2 more weeks of that to go, before a Ph D comprehensive exam. :D

Michael Corvin 06-09-06 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by pinata242
No option for us, Mikael :( We should still apply by at least a 3/5 rule, right? I DEMAND REPRESENTATION!

No soup for you!

This is just concerning whom DS Lite sales are hitting so if you ain't buying then you don't get represented. :)

Daryl 06-09-06 12:05 PM

It's new to me!

mrpayroll 06-09-06 01:06 PM

N00B

Chris

darkside 06-09-06 01:12 PM

I'm upgrading. I'm always a sucker for a redesign.

mrpayroll 06-09-06 01:38 PM

And as I posted in the other thread, Frys has Magnetica (Zuma is based on this game) for only $27.99.

Chris

Maryang Palad 06-09-06 01:51 PM

I'm upgrading. Already have 2 old DS'es in the household and I'm buying a DS lite for me only.

dvd-fanman 06-09-06 04:24 PM

Upgrading, now it will go with my Ipods with the shiny white plastic. ;)

Spiderbite 06-09-06 04:59 PM

I just traded in my Xbox at ebgames with some other items and ordered my first(!) ever Nintendo system...the DS Lite.

Now please direct me to the "must buy" DS game thread.

lordwow 06-09-06 05:04 PM

New here

Spiderbite 06-09-06 05:06 PM

By the way...is there a DS magazine for reviews, previews, etc.?

pinata242 06-09-06 05:22 PM

Besides Nintendo Power?

Spiderbite 06-09-06 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
Besides Nintendo Power?

Yeah, I guess. I did not know if there were any independent Nintendo mags. How is Nintendo Power as an official mag?

I'm telling you, I truly know NOTHING about Nintendo. I always skip over their articles (except comparison stuff on Hardware) when reading EGM or whatever.

I am truly going into this blind...like I did with the Xbox. That's is why I was curious if there is a must buy thread for DS (and I guess Gameboy Advance) games.

I am going to pick up the new Super Mario game but was trying to decide on one other one. I will likely resume my subscription to Gamefly as well to try out a better variety of games for both the DS and GBA.

dancinns 06-09-06 05:41 PM

I'll eventually buy one to upgrade my DS. My wife will get the old one. :)

eatntae 06-09-06 05:43 PM

I voted upgrading from original DS. My biggest reason for upgrading is the fact that I lost my original DS last summer. I have no idea where it went.

Outlaw 06-09-06 05:54 PM

I'm upgrading. DS is the best platform to play games on right now, and really the only one I play, plus the upgrades are pretty significant, so its worth it. I'm trading in my old DS tomorrow :).

mrpayroll 06-09-06 06:02 PM

It's neck and neck at 19 apiece.

The suspense is killing me.

Chris

pinata242 06-09-06 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Yeah, I guess. I did not know if there were any independent Nintendo mags. How is Nintendo Power as an official mag?

I'm telling you, I truly know NOTHING about Nintendo. I always skip over their articles (except comparison stuff on Hardware) when reading EGM or whatever.

I am truly going into this blind...like I did with the Xbox. That's is why I was curious if there is a must buy thread for DS (and I guess Gameboy Advance) games.

I am going to pick up the new Super Mario game but was trying to decide on one other one. I will likely resume my subscription to Gamefly as well to try out a better variety of games for both the DS and GBA.

I honestly think NP is a great mag for Nintendo stuff. I no longer subscribe, however only because there's plenty of online places to get reviews and I mostly know what I'll like and what to expect (I did to get the free Zelda compliation disc a couple years ago). EGM is fine too, imo. There are no independent Nintendo mags that I'm aware of.

As far as must buys go, there are several places where people have asked that and there's a lot, but it is going to depend on your taste. The DS and GBA library are very diverse. Universally, I think no one can go wrong with New Super Mario Bros or Tetris DS. Tetris and Mario Kart DS are great, especially if you've got WiFi.

pinata242 06-09-06 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
It's neck and neck at 19 apiece.

The suspense is killing me.

Chris

CreatureX is a liar :) I know he's got (or has had) a DS. So the poll should be 18-20 right now.