Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GTA:SA on 360, possible mission problem? spoiler alert

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-06, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GTA:SA on 360, possible mission problem? spoiler alert

Alright, I am playing San Andreas on the 360 and have really enjoyed the game a lot. The problem is I am on the second to last mission( I looked at a guide to see if I was missing something obvious before asking everyone here) called Los Cabayos(spelling is wrong I know, whatever it is). It is the mission where you first go to talk to Sweet and Hector comes in asking for your help and the game states you need to recruit a couple of your Grove Family members to help you out. This is where my problem lies, for some reason I cannot seem to recruit anyone at all. I know on one website guide I looked at it showed a green arrow above a member to recruit and I remember that from earlier in the game when you first start the game. However now I am not seeing any arrows over the guys and I try to go up to some of the guys in green and I am pressing right on the D-pad which is positive gang talk and I also tried left, up, and down. On up and down it definitely worked because Hector would either go away or sick close to me. Anyone else have this problem or know if I am perhaps wearing something I should not or should wear something in particular. I have tried to wear all green and nothing changed. Any advice is appreciated and I cannot try this on an Xbox as I got rid of mine before I got the 360. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Schloob1; 04-26-06 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-26-06, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only played the PS2 version, but I imagine it's similar on all systems.

In order to recruit one of your gang members, you need to lock on to them and press up or down on the d-pad.

The reason you saw the green arrows when they first introduced it was because they wanted you to recruit those two specific gang members. After that, though, you can just pluck any of them off the street if you want (assuming they're wearing green, of course).

From your description, it sounds like you're forgetting to target them first.