Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else here playing America's Army on PC?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06, 02:11 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been playing it for the last couple of weeks and must say I'm quite impressed. Quite realistic and very enjoyable, also it's free.

Are there other games out on the market which are comparable to this?
Old 04-20-06, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ive played it off and on for years as the updates are released.Probably one of my favorite alltime games and being that its free is a bonus
Old 04-21-06, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

GRAW will be much better when its released on PC, but AA can be played on almost any computer because it is built on an old unreal engine which doesn't take a lot of power to run well. RainBow Six is also along the same lines, both games from ubisoft.
Old 04-21-06, 05:10 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What's GRAW? I'll check out RainBow Six as well
Old 04-21-06, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
I played it non-stop for about 3 years, in which time i was a beta tester and moderator of the main forums since the game was first released. Fantastic game developed by a great group of developers considering what little resources they are given to put the game out. Resigned as a beta and moderator a few months ago since my PC keeps getting slower and I've gone almost full console gaming.

But yeah, its a great game that everyone should try.
Old 04-21-06, 07:54 PM

I play from time to time, usually Bridge Crossing.
Old 04-22-06, 12:50 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Border is my favourite map. If they just had vehicles, then this game would be complete.
Old 04-22-06, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Fok
What's GRAW? I'll check out RainBow Six as well
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

it will be on pc in early May we have it now on xbox 360 i'm going to pick it up for pc also because i have a friend who has retarded hands and can't use a controller to control his guy on screen so he refuses to play console games. the game is really fun, but from the screen shots it looks like the pc one kinda got the shaft in the graphics department.

http://www.ghostrecon.com/us/ghostre...re_xbox360.php

also man, not in the same time frame, but Call of Duty 2 is mega kick ass. if you've got a 5.1 system and an EAX compatable sound card it will drop you right into the middle of shit you'll hear things flying right past you super awesome.

Last edited by BeanDip0001; 04-22-06 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-22-06, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BeanDip0001
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
the game is really fun, but from the screen shots it looks like the pc one kinda got the shaft in the graphics department.
I think I read on Gamespot that the graphics, on a high-end PC, would be pretty comparable to the 360. Also, the PC version of GRAW will be best played with one of those new physics cards. Or so I read.
Old 04-22-06, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah we'll see how it plays, it might look good, but the interface with the crosscom HUD looks like they screwed that all up on the pc side to be a mega turd looking thing. never the less it will still be fun to play with my friends who want to play the game but have retarded hands and can't use a console.

as for the pysicX processer i'll let you know because as soon as they're out in june i'm getting one, not that i'll need it (crossfire3200 x1900xtx setup) but i still want one because everything is supposed to be more real.

i still wish nintendo would bring animal crossing to the PC that'd be the best game ever for the pc
Old 04-24-06, 10:47 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In America'a army is there a way to keep track of friends? (ie what map they are currently playing).
Old 04-25-06, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Fok
In America'a army is there a way to keep track of friends? (ie what map they are currently playing).

use xfire, it works like xbox live it tells you what your friends are playing and what server they're in etc. check it out it might work for you.

www.xfire.com

i use it along with most of my pc gamer friends. while playing something like halo pc it will let you click and drop into the same server as what your friend is playing in. very cool app.