Reload this Page >

Elder Scrolls Oblivion Thread: Part 2

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Elder Scrolls Oblivion Thread: Part 2

Old 04-28-06, 02:54 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vryce
Well.. finished up the game last night. I still ahve a bunch of side quests to do. But, the main story line is finished.

I almost thought I was going to have to start over though, at one point.

For those that completed the game. It isn't too big of a spoiler, but to be safe it does contain info about the end of the game.
Ran into glitch with the game.

Spoiler:

I got lucky that he just appeared. I was thinking he was going to be stuck outside the elder meeting place for good.
It's funny that you mention this. I was doing the Collector quest last night, and this guy asked me to talk with him over drinks. I kept waiting for him to lead me to the bar, but he'd just stand there and conversation didn't trigger anything. But as soon as I went into the nearby tavern, he was in there order "drinks for me and my friend."

Old 04-28-06, 02:57 PM
Uber Member

Originally Posted by xmiyux
I was using it until i realized it kept getting damaged after every battle to the point of uselessness. Now i'm using a magic glass cuirass and when i get some decent spells or sigil stones will probably enchant my own glass cuirass.

I'm a light armor person so i even sometimes wear robes and just do invis/backstab so i hardly ever get hit.
Do you have the glass helm? I just saw one for the first time last night. It's increadibly goofy looking.

The Deadric Helm, however, looks really evil, especially if you have a Dark Elf w/red eyes. Unfortunately, it's heavy armor. (Which can limit spell effectiveness.)
Old 04-28-06, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For the last of the main quest, I enchanted some items. I really love being able to make my own enchanted items and spells.

used 3 sigil stones that give 30% chameleon. I had to remove the 2 items I used 2 sigil stones to give me 150 points of feather each. I love me some sigil stones.

I then enchanted a robe with chameleon using a soul gem, 20% chameleon.

2 rings, and amulet and a robe = 110% chameleon. I am beyond invisible.
With chameleon that high can you backstab and they still not see you allowing you to backstab infinite times till they die?
Old 04-28-06, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has a Mudcrab ever killed anyone?

It cracks me up when the menacing music starts to play and I'm turning around furiously looking for whatever it is that is coming up on me, only to see a mudcrab taking his sweet 'ol time crawling over like he could really do some damage.
Old 04-28-06, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does anyone remember the mudcrab from Morrowind that was a shopkeeper and would buy items? In Morrowind the keepers had a limited amount of money and if they bought something from you then their money decreased until they couldn't afford whatever items you had unless you bought things from them to give them money. Then there was this giant mudcrab out in the wilderness that had an enormous amount of money and could buy anything you sold.
Old 04-28-06, 03:36 PM
Uber Member

I didn't play Morrowind, but that sounds hilarious.

The evil mudcrabs crack me up too. They make for good target practice though.

I tried doing the chameleon thing with fortify skill spells, but I miscounted and was only at 95% Chameleon. After I attacked them, they kept chasing and attacking me until I got out of their line of sight. I need to redo that spell (or make a chameleon item) and try that again.
Old 04-28-06, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 547 Likes on 399 Posts
Yeah, he was down south by Ebonheart. He had 10,000 gold. I wish Oblivion had someone like that. Not being able to sell high priced items sucks.
Old 04-28-06, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by noonan4224
Yeah, he was down south by Ebonheart. He had 10,000 gold. I wish Oblivion had someone like that. Not being able to sell high priced items sucks.
I've been keeping an eye out for someone to buy high priced stuff - so i'm glad it's not just me who thinks this is missing. Although i want to have a headless zombie merchant to buy my stuff. That would crack me up.
Old 04-28-06, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The exact location of the teleports to each of the Mage guilds is outside the bedroom.

When you walk into the tower, use the teleport to the living area. There is a door there opposite of the garden.If you go outside, you will see each of the teleports there.

The ring is on the tall bookcase in the living area.

I also read more of the tombstones I mentioned earlier. I didn't test it out, as I played CoD2 last night.

But, supposedly, there is a couple tombstones in one of the corners on a hill in the vault. Also, in the wine rack down there, you get a bottle of Shadowbanish wine that is part of an easter egg quest.
That vault area is pretty odd. I almost missed the tombstones. I touched one and an item was put in my inventory. I didn't mess with the wine rack too much but I'll have to give it a closer look.
Old 04-28-06, 10:41 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Miyu: Yes.. in sneak mode with my chameleon at 100% or higher, every hit gives 6x damage.

Blade: With a robe, you can wear a helmet. No greaves or boots.
Old 04-28-06, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by xmiyux
I've been keeping an eye out for someone to buy high priced stuff - so i'm glad it's not just me who thinks this is missing. Although i want to have a headless zombie merchant to buy my stuff. That would crack me up.
That will be another add-on, spend aother $2 for the ability to sell more.
I found a goblin lightning staff the retails for almost 8 grand, but noplace to sell for a decent amount.

I went to a mages guild to recharge my enchated items, and there was nobody there to do so. I can't soul capture yet as my skill isn't high enough. Is there another way to recharge?

What is the purpose of gems, silver, and gold nuggets? Are they just to be sold, or do they serve another application? Does the same go for brass rings and cheap amulets?
Old 04-29-06, 12:09 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I haven;t found a use for the gems, silver and gold nuggets other then selling them.

The rings and amulets you can enchant and wear them.
Old 04-29-06, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Enchant in a while, once I get into the Arcane University. I will just sell them for now. When it comes time to enchant, would enchanting a brass ring give the same effect as enchanting a pearl ring?
Old 04-30-06, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
What's the most expensive item found in the game? I have a shield I got from Chorrol I believe for doing one of the sidequests given by the count for 13900. I'm surprised Umbra is only what, 5500?
Old 05-01-06, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by edstein
Great info guys.

Dont feel bad man, that whole persuasion thing had me stumped for a LONG time, and thanks to the people on this forum, I finally understand it now.

If anyone is interested in a downloadable HUGE oblivion guide, gamespot.com offers one. The only thing that sucks is that I hate adobe acrobat reader with a purple passion and thats the format its in. But the guide is helpful

http://www.gamespot.com/features/614...livion%20guide

Last edited by mrmagoo; 05-01-06 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-02-06, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
How in the Hell do you keep your horse from walking off? I stole a perfectly good 5,000gp horse, and 15 seconds after I got off, he was gone, and I couldn't find him. I just started the game, so I'm pretty green at all this...maybe I'm missing something??
Old 05-02-06, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Miyu: Yes.. in sneak mode with my chameleon at 100% or higher, every hit gives 6x damage.

Blade: With a robe, you can wear a helmet. No greaves or boots.

Ok, in sneak mode I get 3x with my bow, and when I sneak up on rats I get 6x with my fist, but when I sneak up on somebody with my sword I was only getting 1x.

Was I using the wrong kind of sword? I think it was a sword of embers, a long-sword w/ fire damage.

Also, I am up to level 11, but still using steel arrows. Is there a place I can buy some better ones? I have like 6 silver and 12 of the next level, but I would like more, since in a cave you lose a lot.

Also, I believe stolen horses return home. I have the prior mabel's painted horse and it always waits for me.
Old 05-02-06, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rabbit77
What's the most expensive item found in the game? I have a shield I got from Chorrol I believe for doing one of the sidequests given by the count for 13900. I'm surprised Umbra is only what, 5500?
I have a ring in the 20s.
Old 05-02-06, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Sweet! What does the ring do? Did you enchant it yourself or did you find it?
Old 05-02-06, 12:32 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What items should you pick up and what should you pass on? I pick up everthing but then get overencumbered real quick. Should I ignore mugs, cups, bones and just pick up weapons and vegies?
Old 05-02-06, 12:51 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by jon-w9
Ok, in sneak mode I get 3x with my bow, and when I sneak up on rats I get 6x with my fist, but when I sneak up on somebody with my sword I was only getting 1x.

Was I using the wrong kind of sword? I think it was a sword of embers, a long-sword w/ fire damage.

Also, I am up to level 11, but still using steel arrows. Is there a place I can buy some better ones? I have like 6 silver and 12 of the next level, but I would like more, since in a cave you lose a lot.
It may be level dependant. I've been getting 6x damage from a sneak hit for about the last 10 levels. That I noticed at least. I'm level 34 currently.

I'm also 100% invisible which helps. They can't detect me at all. I hit them once. they draw their weapon and look around, then put it away. Lather, rince, repeat. I get repeated 6x attacks.
Old 05-02-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DAC
What items should you pick up and what should you pass on? I pick up everthing but then get overencumbered real quick. Should I ignore mugs, cups, bones and just pick up weapons and vegies?

I ignore mug, cups bowls, etc.

I usually only pick up items of large value, enchanted, or something I could use. Then when I become over-encumbered I do the trading game where I compare my new find to something in my inventory to drop. Usually I leave behind large enchanted axes because they weigh a ton.

On the other hand, I am not super efficient since I carry 3 bows, 2 enchanted and one for when the enchanted ones go empty or I see a weaker enemy, which are becoming fewer now.

Question: Does using a more powerful spell increase my skill faster then a lot of weak ones? For example I have a weak restore that it 8hp for 14 magica. I have more powerful spell that is 25hp for 45 or so magic. Which should I use to increase my skills the fastest.

I have night eye for my kajiit, does this spell not add to my skills?
Old 05-02-06, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jon-w9
I have night eye for my kajiit, does this spell not add to my skills?
I believe night eye is a khajiit racial ability so doesn't improve your illusion skill.

I try to travel light to have more thieving space. I carry a bow with silence on it and a daedric dagger to poison and 5 daedric arrows.

I do have an excessive amount of potions with me as well.
Old 05-02-06, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I want to get into thieving, but the payoff seems small.
I mean I need go break into a shop and look aroung for something good, then fence it. Most shops I tend to go into do really have magic weapons or enchanted armor I am looking for, so is the point the bit of money, or are you looking for items to assist you in the game?
Old 05-02-06, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
How in the Hell do you keep your horse from walking off? I stole a perfectly good 5,000gp horse, and 15 seconds after I got off, he was gone, and I couldn't find him. I just started the game, so I'm pretty green at all this...maybe I'm missing something??
Stolen horses return home. You can get a mod that will make them stay put if you wish.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.