DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The One and Only Animal Crossing: Wild World Thread Part II (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/460237-one-only-animal-crossing-wild-world-thread-part-ii.html)

WhoGirl 04-05-06 07:03 AM

:wave: Hey guys!

Originally Posted by WhattheFFF
65 in my town :-(. Who knows what it takes to win the Flower Fest?

I don't know, but I started buying every single flower package at Nook's and planting them around my house. I also stole a lot of flowers from other people's houses and around town, and planted them around my house as well. I can't say for sure if I'll win, but I certainly have the most flowers out of anyone. ;)

But I bet that crossbreeding flowers will also boost your score, since they always emphasize those. Here's a guide that might help: http://www.animalxing.com/hybrids.php

Does anyone know if Dandelions count as a flower? I know they're actually weeds in reality. But since they're something you can't purchase, does that raise their value as far as this is concerned?

---
Not to brag, but... yeah, I'm gonna brag a little. I think I earned it with this: My last HRA score was 101,890 points!! :D

kakihara1 04-05-06 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by WhoGirl
Not to brag, but... yeah, I'm gonna brag a little. I think I earned it with this: My last HRA score was 101,890 points!! :D

Gee I wonder why ;) your house is awesome :)

jediwicz 04-05-06 07:42 AM

My last HRA score was over 122,000. I have the green theme for my main room and tons of "special" feng shui items (Samurai suit, Jack-in-the-box, Tissue box) to boost my luck. Also, my red/green/yellow feng shui sides are full of 2X items.

BeanDip0001 04-05-06 09:05 AM

my hra was only 13,200 but my house is so much cooler than that :D

aliciaelena 04-05-06 09:51 AM

Something to do while Mortimer's in Town

If you have a massage chair in your catalog, order one now and take advantage that the mayor Mortimer is in town. If you approach him with the massage chair in your inventory he'll ask for it and give you a rare scallop in exchange which you can later give to Pascal (the guy by the beach) who in turn will give you either a Pascal Pic or a Golden Axe. I think that even if you have done this exchange before it'll allow you to do it again.
I've just ordered an extra massage chair for those of you who don't have one in your catalog and will set by my gates later today so that you can catalog it. :)

Turnip prices are low this morning, will check again in the afternoon.

My HRA is 188.900 but my house is a mess. I think it's the fenshui in my front room which is giving me the high rating. I also have my turnips on fenshui tables and tons of animal pictures all over. Try arranging your theme or furniture sets according to fenshui if you can and if you have any rare items they help score also. I've noticed it pays to do fenshui, at least I've experienced good fishing and acquired some hard to obtain items such as a garden knome and a mountain bike.

About Flower Fest:
One of my animal residents approached me with a tip: Nan said that if I used many different types of flowers rather than many of the same (and same color I supose) it would be better.

name: Tappy
town: Tarytown
code: 5412-3055-7218

CreatureX 04-05-06 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by WhoGirl
:wave: Hey guys!

Very nice! I'm still around playing AC. I've just been busy with work lately. I'll try to be on tonight! :)

CreatureX 04-05-06 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by aliciaelena
If you have a massage chair in your catalog, order one now and take advantage that the mayor Mortimer is in town. If you approach him with the massage chair in your inventory he'll ask for it and give you a rare scallop in exchange which you can later give to Pascal (the guy by the beach) who in turn will give you either a Pascal Pic or a Golden Axe. I think that even if you have done this exchange before it'll allow you to do it again.
I've just ordered an extra massage chair for those of you who don't have one in your catalog and will set by my gates later today so that you can catalog it. :)

Thanks for the tip! :)

BeanDip0001 04-05-06 06:36 PM

yes yes, i'm sure some others have figured out you can beat your towns people with your bug net, i didn't know this and did it by mistake, but you can beat them it is the best thing ever!!!

CreatureX 04-05-06 10:21 PM

My gates are open. Nook is buying turnips at 129 bells. Everyone is welcome to stop by.... :)

HotThang 04-05-06 10:34 PM

UGH! I had a perfect town 3 days straight but today a lot of flowers died so I am back to being mediocre. I even planted a bunch today but it's still saying my town is middlin'.

Grrrr.... :-)

WhattheFFF 04-05-06 11:33 PM

did you open your gate yet?

aliciaelena 04-06-06 08:02 AM

did you open your gate yet?

I'm sorry you missed me last night, I will again have my gates open today on and off throught the day. I have to go out but gates are open you can come visit me. I still have the massage chair by the gate and I've also placed a country guitar that you can trade with K.K. Slider for his Picture. I'm on ESTime. :)

My turnip prices are 61 this morning, my Nooks is cheap.

name: Tappy
town: Tarytown
code: 5412-3055-7218

BeanDip0001 04-06-06 08:33 AM

nook is being a cheap dee deee dee all around he is buying for 59 at mine.

i came to visit tappy and left a couple bags of cash by you at the gate

Canis Firebrand 04-06-06 09:27 AM

I should stop by and get those two items for my catalog.
I'll also check and post my nooks price.
I haven't touched the game in a few days. I'm sure I have weeds like crazy and might have grumpy neighbors.

BeanDip0001 04-06-06 09:49 AM

beat them on the head the with net, they love it!

tanman 04-06-06 09:56 AM

tanman or Drew from Hobbiton I have a special gift for you to thank you for helping me catalog so many items. I haven't seen you post here in a while, nor your town gates open. I hope you're still playing.

Tappy

I have been playing, but not much on wifi. I just started a new job and have switched schedules a couple times so I'm still trying to adjust my life around it. I will hopefully be on soon though. Can't wait to see what my special gift is :)

BeanDip0001 04-06-06 11:29 AM

my nook is now buying for 104 i'll have my gate open later today around 8 EST if anyone really needs to get rid of them, but not really high enough IMO.

PrincessT 04-06-06 11:31 AM

65 in my town :-(. Who knows what it takes to win the Flower Fest?

I found this information from a person on livejournal who does the time traveling thing...

I time travel, so I've done the flower fest a few times trying to win it. All you need to do to win is put down as many hybrid flowers on the last day, which is Sunday. It worked for me every time!! I would not have any flowers around my house all week then just put down 2 row deep circle of flowers around my house on Sunday with as many hybrids as possible (I had about 30 hybrids).

The only week I didn't win the festival was the week that I tried to actually water my flowers every day. I watered each flower about 3 times a day, and no matter what I would always have 2-5 flowers that dried out. The result was a garden with brown flowers and no trophy : ( And this was with hybrids too, which seem to dty out faster, imho.

Trust me - save your hybrids for the last day!!

kakihara1 04-06-06 11:50 AM

My gates are open but I won't be active, feel free to come check out my nooks or do some weeding for me ;)

Outlaw 04-06-06 04:59 PM

I have 151 bell turnips! Unfortunately I don't have any turnips to sell, but you might! :)

I'll be opening my town shortly if anyone wants to sell, prices don't seem to have been that great this week for anyone, this is the highest I"ve seen it

BeanDip0001 04-06-06 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by kakihara1
My gates are open but I won't be active, feel free to come check out my nooks or do some weeding for me ;)

yes martin5 town is now clean and awesome i've remade it into the image of BeanDip Land. so of course there is an added strip club and tappy is the manager rotfl

kakihara1 04-06-06 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by BeanDip0001
yes martin5 town is now clean and awesome i've remade it into the image of BeanDip Land. so of course there is an added strip club and tappy is the manager rotfl

Sweet!! tappy you'd better keep that place open 24/7 ;) Thanks for coming to visit guys :)

mss136 04-06-06 06:06 PM

Outlaw, I would like to come to your town and sell turnips, please add me to your friends list.

Friend Code: 4982-8334-8935
Name: Matt
Town: Sawmill

DavePack 04-06-06 06:14 PM

Come one, come all! Nook is currently buying turnips for 529 bells in my town!

I've got plenty of fruit (every kind) and coconuts, so please, help yourself to any of it. If you'd like to drop an offering near the store, that's cool, but I don't require anything in return. Just glad to help out fellow AC addicts. :-) Oh, if you have a regal chair, I suppose I wouldn't mind holding it long enough to get it in my catalog -- I've been after one since December!

Here's the wi-fi info; I'm going online immediately after I post this, and I'll try to stay online as long tonight as possible:

Friend Code: 1976-2959-7528
Name: Dave
Town: Stonham

mss136 04-06-06 06:15 PM

Dave please add me!!!!!!!

Friend Code: 4982-8334-8935
Name: Matt
Town: Sawmill