Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The One and Only Animal Crossing: Wild World Thread Part II

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The One and Only Animal Crossing: Wild World Thread Part II

Old 09-19-06, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm back to playing this again. Been playing every day during my break for last couple of weeks. Strange how this game keeps pulling me back in just when I think I'm out.

Any way I notice a large increase in the number of bugs, must be that time of year.
Old 09-21-06, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Did townspeople move during the time you didn't play? I've played the game everyday since I got it in fear that someone I liked was going to move away. I was wondering if I could take a break from it since I have to wait until next summer to finish my museum and I don't want a few of my characters to move.
Old 09-21-06, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by glasschicken
^ Did townspeople move during the time you didn't play? I've played the game everyday since I got it in fear that someone I liked was going to move away. I was wondering if I could take a break from it since I have to wait until next summer to finish my museum and I don't want a few of my characters to move.

Yep, I've had townspeople move when I didn't play in a while. I'll get a letter in the mail telling me they've gone. Sometimes I'll get letters from people I didn't even know were in my town.
Old 09-22-06, 10:52 AM

Damn, guess I have to keep playing if I want to keep Moe, Stitches, Drake and Bill. Still love this game though.
Old 09-26-06, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hector031
Is anyone going to be on tonight? I was hoping someone would have a shovel and a watering can for sale in their shop. Even if I could put them in my pocket to add them to my catalog I'd be happy.
I'm open 24/7. I will add you when I get home tonight.

Anyone have any problems with trees? I'm at the point where the lady at the civic center says I have too many. When I chop one down, she says there isn't ENOUGH greenery.
Old 09-26-06, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan

Anyone have any problems with trees? I'm at the point where the lady at the civic center says I have too many. When I chop one down, she says there isn't ENOUGH greenery.
Probably means you should plant more flowers. I haven't done this myself, so if anyone knows for sure, please correct me.
Old 09-26-06, 01:04 PM

Thank you.

I've found that I'm totally addicted to this game. I brought my DS to work for the first time after getting AC. I sit around and fish in almost all of my spare time at home.
Old 09-26-06, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah and some new ones moved in. Some betters one also. Got a Ape and Rabbit. No idea who I lost.
Old 09-26-06, 08:22 PM

I bought Animal Crossing on Sunday and I have become hopelessly addicted to it. I've spent pretty much all my time fishing since there doesn't seem to be much else to do when you first start.

I've added several people from the latest posts into my friends list. If anyone else wants to be added let me know.

Added:
glasschicken
jediwicz
BeanDip0001
Decker
HotThang
DVDChris
scoot0903
aliciaelena
rfduncan

My info:
Name: Hector
Town: SnowHill
Code: 1031-5789-0685

Is anyone going to be on tonight? I was hoping someone would have a shovel and a watering can for sale in their shop. Even if I could put them in my pocket to add them to my catalog I'd be happy.

Also, is there something special to catching a shark? I've had the chance twice and missed it both times.
Hector, please add me if you like. I have been playing this game since Feb. and am still addicted. Although I didn't play much over the summer so now I'm wondering if my friends gave up on me, because no one is ever online when I check!
Old 09-26-06, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by aliciaelena
According to my guide donations to the town of Boondox made at the Town Hall yield the following:

Donation Special Gift

10,000 bells Green Feather
200,000 bells Blue Feather
500,000 bells Yellow Feather
800,000 bells Red Feather
1,000,000 bells Purple Feather
1,400,000 bells White Feather
6,400,000 bells Rainbow Feather

I'm kinda cheap with this, so I've only obtained the green and blue feathers.

Tappy
I finally donated $1,000,000 last night and got nothing. Does it have to be all at once for this to work? I initially gave them $90,000 then went to the bank and withdrew the rest. I got a thank you letter from Boondox in the mail today, but no feather!

The worst part is now I only have $200,000 left in the bank, and wouldn't you know, the crown is in my shop today for the first time ever, and I don't have enough bells to buy it!!!!

Last edited by aaron5050; 09-26-06 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-28-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My info:
Name: Hector
Town: SnowHill
Code: 1031-5789-0685
Added this morning.

Am I the only person who didn't know that you simply needed to bury a shovel for 24+ hours then dig it up to get a golden shovel? Ugh!
Old 09-28-06, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Added this morning.

Am I the only person who didn't know that you simply needed to bury a shovel for 24+ hours then dig it up to get a golden shovel? Ugh!

Ha, I didn't know that either until someone told me.
Old 09-28-06, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by aaron5050
I finally donated $1,000,000 last night and got nothing. Does it have to be all at once for this to work? I initially gave them $90,000 then went to the bank and withdrew the rest. I got a thank you letter from Boondox in the mail today, but no feather!

The worst part is now I only have $200,000 left in the bank, and wouldn't you know, the crown is in my shop today for the first time ever, and I don't have enough bells to buy it!!!!

After donating the different amounts, the special feather gift is suposed to arrive in a thank you letter. If you are sharing the game with someone else, it is posible that the other player may have received the gift instead of you. Only one player gets the gift feather.

Tappy
Old 09-28-06, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by aaron5050
Hector, please add me if you like.
I've added you to my list.

Added this morning.
Thanks for adding me.
Old 09-28-06, 08:26 PM

I added you Hector. Shoot me a Live invite sometime.
Old 09-29-06, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by aliciaelena
After donating the different amounts, the special feather gift is suposed to arrive in a thank you letter. If you are sharing the game with someone else, it is posible that the other player may have received the gift instead of you. Only one player gets the gift feather.

Tappy
I'm the only one playing my game.... so maybe the feather got "lost in the mail" (Pelly is slacking off!). LOL! It was nice seeing you online again after our summer hiatus. See ya around!
Old 09-29-06, 08:35 PM

Two letters from Nintendo today

I received two letters from Nintendo today one had a candy machine and the other one talked about the Acorn Festival and it came with an autumn leaf shirt. I think you get these automatically if you play over wifi today.
Old 09-29-06, 09:02 PM

I got the candy machine yesterday. I'll have to try again tonight. I also added Angella from Akron to my friend list.
Old 10-01-06, 07:59 PM

animal crossing friend code

size-8 my name is paul. my town is called Syracuse and my code is 343675143698
Old 10-02-06, 09:12 AM

I got an acorn from my mom yesterday. Can't wait to start collecting the mushroom furniture next week.
Old 10-02-06, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got an acorn from my mom yesterday. Can't wait to start collecting the mushroom furniture next week.
I didn't like the mush set very much, though it is a must collect. The snowman set is the coolest (no pun intended). I'm going to swap out my mushroom stuff for either Kiddie or Robot I think.

don't hate me for time travelling either...
Old 10-02-06, 05:58 PM

I time traveled the other day just to go to Nook's. He had closed before I could buy the spotlight item so I went back an hour, bought it, and then came back to the real time.
Old 10-03-06, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I time traveled the other day just to go to Nook's. He had closed before I could buy the spotlight item so I went back an hour, bought it, and then came back to the real time.
Qu'est-ce que c'est "spotlight item"?
Old 10-03-06, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Qu'est-ce que c'est "spotlight item"?
There are a bunch of items that are only available from Nook's as a 'spotlight item'. I believe you have to have Nookington's (not sure about that) but you definitely need to have a second player on your game. You can create up to 4 characters to sleep in the top floor of your house. They share your house, but still have to go through the tough initiation at Nooks.

Once you have a 2nd player sleeping upstairs you will occasionally see the spotlight items appear at Nook's...he'll let you know when you walk in that it's available and it will (at least sometimes) be posted on the message board by City Hall.
Old 10-03-06, 04:37 PM

Name: Skalli
Town: Kakapoo
FC: 1847 6317 5320

Feel free to add, just let me know so I can add you. Thanks

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.