Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The One, The Only: Kingdom Hearts II Thread - US Release 03/28!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The One, The Only: Kingdom Hearts II Thread - US Release 03/28!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-06, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I'm not a regular gamer, and I seem to be stuck in the game, and would appreciate any advice (spoiler-protected):

I am the final save before the big end boss, and I went back to complete my Jiminy journal. I realized that I went to the The World That Never Was before doing the second part of Tron, and now, I cannot get the storyline activated. Also, I read that Hollow Bastion was supposed to become Radiant Garden, and that hasn't happened either. I have done almost everything else, so I don't know if I shot myself in the foot by going too far. Does anyone know what will trigger the second part of the Tron storyline?
Old 04-24-06, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by honeybefly
Hi, I'm not a regular gamer, and I seem to be stuck in the game, and would appreciate any advice (spoiler-protected):
Spoiler:
Have you completed the second storylines for every other world? On the world map there should be two keyhole icons next to the world name when you fly near it.. that's the only thing I can think of. If so have you done the 100 Acre World levels? Atlantica? The Underworld tournaments? I don't know the specific answer, so I'm just suggesting things to look for or try.
Old 04-24-06, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Apparently, Japanese mega-magazine Famitsu named Kingdom Hearts II Best Game of 2005 tied in first place with Bio Hazard 4.
Old 04-24-06, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Spoiler:
Have you completed the second storylines for every other world? On the world map there should be two keyhole icons next to the world name when you fly near it.. that's the only thing I can think of. If so have you done the 100 Acre World levels? Atlantica? The Underworld tournaments? I don't know the specific answer, so I'm just suggesting things to look for or try.
Spoiler:
I agree with Pixy here as this has got to be what is missing. Although, I'd imagine that 100 Acre Wood, Atlantica, and the Underworld are all side-quests and really only necessary for completing Synthesis and Jiminy's Journal. Check all the other worlds for an uncompleted episode.
Old 04-24-06, 09:49 AM
Banned

I picked KH2 up this weekend, and finally got to the title screen yesterday at midnight (almost exactly 4 hours in as was mentioned in this thread and numerous reviews). I really hope the beginning story line gets connected somewhere down the line. I'm liking it so far. Starting to get chills when I see certain characters - the anticipation is killing me.
Old 04-26-06, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

God, I was going to die when I kept failing at that stupid light cycles thing till I realized that...

Spoiler:
the bump thing worked better than slashing at them with the regular attack thingy

Also, killing 1,000 alone in the canyon made my hand hurt, putting a crimp into other activities I had planned on last night...

Wi-fi, or Lita, or Fifa, or whatever her name is who is 'looking for someone' gives me teh hawt....
Old 04-26-06, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Reaction commands are the way to go in that battle. Rising Sun, I think it was just totally obliterated them.
Old 04-26-06, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 04-26-06, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

argh! I saw this yesterday. I don't think I've ever seen a VGCATS that was funny (art is nice though) .
Old 04-26-06, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Meteos?
Change your Meteos sprites to Heartless. Change the worlds to familiar Disney worlds. Instant franchise entry. Probably just going to be strictly Disney, but there's no reason why you couldn't be lining up Heartless to launch them into Kingdom Hearts.
Old 04-27-06, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kingdom Hearts II figures should be coming out to the US this October! Sora, Roxas, Axel and Kairi.
Old 04-27-06, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would be more interested in getting figures of Donald and Goofy or the main three in their various world specific looks (Halloween Town Sora, Goofy and Donald = teh shit!).
Old 04-28-06, 06:55 AM
Banned

Man.. Im about 14 hours into it, just finished the thousand heartless war.. Honestly, there is nothing like this game. And the graphics? Unreal that this is a ps2 game. Honestly, when KH3 for PS3 comes out in whatever year (2008/9?), its going to seriously blow away everything we've ever experienced. I love the game so much, and the story gets better and better..
Old 04-28-06, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I would be more interested in getting figures of Donald and Goofy or the main three in their various world specific looks (Halloween Town Sora, Goofy and Donald = teh shit!).
There are Japanese figures of Sora, Donald and Goofy under Tomy's Disney Magical Collection line. They also have Riku and Kairi and YES.. Halloween Town versions of Sora, Donald and Goofy. The Halloween Town figures appear on eBay often and aren't that expensive. KH2 Sora and black-coat Mickey are the newest figures, I order a Mickey one.. apparently Valor and Wisdom Sora are next.
Old 04-29-06, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ah they do. That's pretty cool. I do buy collect action figs, but I'm crazy selective on what I start to buy else I fall prey to that damned collector's mentality of buying shit from the line I don't even want - but I think I will try to find that regular donald. Fig looks really neat. Perfect for the desk.
Old 04-29-06, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
My son bought this today and I turned the PS2 over to him for awhile to play it. I watched most of the first few hours of him playing and was really drawn into the game. I'm going to just wait my time and play this one when he finishes it up. It looks really amazing.
Old 04-30-06, 02:08 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Im still hoping for a Song of the South world...
Old 05-01-06, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

SON OF A BITCH! The boss of Mission 3 of Assault of the Dreadnought is INSANE.
Old 05-02-06, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I popped in the game at a little passed midnight because I wanted to clear Agrabah...it's 4:30am now.

I would keep playing if it wasn't for these
Spoiler:
CHEATING ASS Org XIII bastards! Fighting one or two of them every couple of hours of game time is fine, but back to back to back? Geez. I think this Saix cat is going to take me like 7 tries if not more, and it doesn't help that I just got my ass totally handed to me by Xigbar a good few times. If I didn't figure out how to dodge his "Lets see how you dance!" attack I would still be fighting him

ETA: Ok I beat the bastard and it's kind of sad to see how easy it was once you got the patten down. Ain't that always the way?

One thing I wish they wouldn't have left out of this game is the ability to fly. I find myself trying to do it when I forget I can't and it always bumms me out. WHY WON'T THEY LET ME SOAR, DAMNIT!

Last edited by boredsilly; 05-03-06 at 03:57 AM.
Old 05-03-06, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You do get the glide ability.. it's just, kind of hidden.
Old 05-03-06, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok... So, I guess I lost my Olympus Colliseum world. Not sure when that happened.

Spoiler:
I revisited Beast, and beat that annoying battle with that guy that I had trouble hitting, who would scan that laser beam thingy all across the area outside Beast's castle. I'm guessing I need to revisit Mulan world to open it back up? I did the (third?) song at Atlantica, and need Magnera now. I also haven't yet gone to Halloween town, and have only done the first bit at Pooh Land with Piglet in a tree (I think I just got some more pages recently, though I don't remember where).
Old 05-03-06, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
Ok... So, I guess I lost my Olympus Colliseum world. Not sure when that happened.

Spoiler:
I revisited Beast, and beat that annoying battle with that guy that I had trouble hitting, who would scan that laser beam thingy all across the area outside Beast's castle. I'm guessing I need to revisit Mulan world to open it back up? I did the (third?) song at Atlantica, and need Magnera now. I also haven't yet gone to Halloween town, and have only done the first bit at Pooh Land with Piglet in a tree (I think I just got some more pages recently, though I don't remember where).
It should give you your next objective when you select a world from the Gummi map.. but for the second Olympus visit you have to enter the staged tournament (talk to Panic/Pain.. er, the red one), then go retrieve an item from Hades' throne room, then go back to the center area of the Underworld for the boss battle. Talking to characters should give you clues about what to do as well.. though if there are already two keyholes next to the world's title on the Gummi map, you're done with the main objectives there.
Old 05-03-06, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
No.. No... No... No...

Olympus is no longer an available world on my Gummi Map... I think it's behind some cloud.

Did I really screw something up?
Old 05-03-06, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
Did I really screw something up?
OH! No, you just have to complete the second objectives of Beast's Castle and Land of Dragons to open it.
Old 05-03-06, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's what I thought...

I'm hoarding my initial trip to Halloweentown until later... I hope that's not screwing anything up.

Does everyone use 99% of their AP boosts on Sora?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.