Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Xbox360: G.R.A.W. and Far Cry: Instincts Predator Pre-orders - $47.99 @ Outpost.com

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox360: G.R.A.W. and Far Cry: Instincts Predator Pre-orders - $47.99 @ Outpost.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-06, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

3/07/06 - G.R.A.W. : http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4613898
3/28/06 - Far Cry: Instincts Predator : http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4737259

I, for one, am really looking forward to the revamped Far Cry, hoping they fixed the annoyingly bad AI from the original Instincts.
Old 03-06-06, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool thanks, is that far cry game supposed to be different than the PC one?
Old 03-06-06, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Yea. It includes Instincts (the Xbox version of Far Cry, which is very very different than the PC version) and the sequel to that (so yeah, it's 2 games).
Old 03-06-06, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ah okay, i never played the xbox one, but the multiplayer on the pc was awesome, but no one played it
Old 03-07-06, 08:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah Far Cry Instincts is very different from PC Far Cry. In the PC version, it is much more tactical. You have to take your time to snipe as many enemies from long range and plan out your attack. Instincts throws all that away pretty much. In Instincts, you pretty much just run in and shoot everything like in Doom. Also, the PC game has twice as many levels and the levels are more non-linear to choose your own path.

Crytek, the developers of PC Far Cry, are currently working on the sequel to Far Cry called "Crysis". I don't know the details about it, but Crytek lost the name "Far Cry" to Ubisoft and EA with the Instincts deal, so that is why the sequel will not be called Far Cry 2. There has only been a couple screenshots of Crysis released so far because it is early in development. The developers have said though that it will be first DirectX 10 game.

Yep, that means upgrade time again since no current video card supports DirectX 10 features.