DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Geometry Wars 4 Million Score Video. !!!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/450647-geometry-wars-4-million-score-video.html)

skiblet 01-02-06 06:48 AM

XBOX360 Geometry Wars 4 Million Score Video. !!!!!

Has anyone downloaded this video of a 4 million score ?

http://files.filefront.com/GeoWars4m.../fileinfo.html

I just tried to download it but it locks up 2 seconds into the video????
Does it work for anyone else? Please let me know, thanks

skibby

argh923 01-02-06 12:10 PM

Not sure if it's from that site, but I've seen it from a video posted on XBOX.com's forums. It's amazing...the highest I've ever gotten was 290,000, and that was hard as hell.

skiblet 01-02-06 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
Not sure if it's from that site, but I've seen it from a video posted on XBOX.com's forums. It's amazing...the highest I've ever gotten was 290,000, and that was hard as hell.

I have seen the 2.1 million video, and that IS amazing, thats why im really intriguied to see this one. Does the 4 million video even work for anyone ?

flashburn 01-02-06 06:07 PM

Yeah, it worked fine for me on WM 10.

skiblet 01-02-06 07:58 PM

it doesnt work on winamp or win media player 9 or 10. apparently the copy on filefront is corrupted.

ANy chance that someone could repost it? on one of the free file storage sites? ill even paypal you for it. i really want to see the video-

flashburn 01-02-06 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by skiblet
it doesnt work on winamp or win media player 9 or 10. apparently the copy on filefront is corrupted.

ANy chance that someone could repost it? on one of the free file storage sites? ill even paypal you for it. i really want to see the video-

Like I said, it definitely works fine on WM 10. It is using Divx, so see if you need to update that codec.

skiblet 01-02-06 11:17 PM

i have the divx codec. plus it plays the first 2 seconds of the video, then the video freezes, but the sound continues.

i badly would like to see this video. I was mesmerized by the 2.1 million video, its like watching god play-

tenaciousdave 01-03-06 05:58 AM

I just watched the video using Windows Media Player 10.

My mind = blown.

You seem to have some sort of codec issue.

maingon 01-03-06 11:07 AM

crazy my highest is 109,000

skiblet 01-07-06 12:03 PM

I finally got this video to work the other day. I used a different player

All i can is, . . . holy freaking mother of WOW. This guy is supernatural. There were so many instances of just mindblowing displays of precision- just crazyness.
Apparently there is someone that got 7.5 million recently, talk about putting on a clinic

skiblet 01-11-06 11:23 AM

I heard that someone just got 9.5 million LOL

id LOVE to see the video of that

Brent L 01-11-06 12:29 PM

I thought the video posted was unreal, so I can't imagine what a video of the 9,192,900 score would look like. That Code Kata is awesome, and they were online last night also (they're online right now also actually). Geometry Wars is the only game that they have any achievment points for also.

I bought the full version last night, and I got 106,525 the first time I played it, but I'm sure that was just luck. I'm going to keep at it though, it's a great game.

kakihara1 01-11-06 12:58 PM

I'm having a hell of a time breaking 200k :(

dcprules 01-11-06 08:43 PM

Sort of off subject, but how do you even play this game? Yesterday I was playing PGR and was walking around the garage and went over to the arcade game and tried to play but could not figure it out even after looking at the instructions.

The Dude 01-11-06 09:09 PM

Left control stick move, right control stick fire; use the trigger for the bomb.

That's it. Pure shooter goodness.

matome 01-12-06 08:04 AM

OK, I love this game but I have a bitch of a time getting much over 100,000. Two questions, how do you get the Pacifist achievement? I know that I survive for over a minute without shooting anything (starts to get real tough to evade much more than that), but I never seem to get the achievement. Also what the hell do you have to do to when those pac-man things come out and make the beeline for your ship? I can't seem to shoot them, unless I'm freaking and just miss. Those things always nail me unless I waste a bomb on them.

Green Smurf 01-12-06 08:31 AM

yeah I would like to know about the pacifism as well, I try and try and the last second I die.

The Dude 01-12-06 03:58 PM

It will ding when you hit one minute on the timer, but you do have to finish out the game to get the achievment. As for the Pac-Man thing, you have to hit it from the side and not let it run into you to kill it.

matome 01-15-06 10:55 AM

^^Thanks. I finally got the ding after trying about 20 times. That was the longest fucking minute ever!!!

Brent L 01-15-06 03:34 PM

I was reading about people having a very hard time with this, so since I recently bought the full version, I thought I'd give it a go. I did it on my very first try.

All I did was stay near the middle for the first 10-20 seconds, so that part was very easy. After more and more enemies started to come out after me, I started going in a circle, making sure that I attracted all of the enemies. I just kept going in a circle over and over again. By the 45 second mark I had this big ball of enemies in the middle of the screen, and was going around in circles, just over and over again, as they would follow me.

Around the 45 second mark a few stray enemies would pop up and I needed to move a bit more, but it really wasn't all that much.

BeanDip0001 01-17-06 07:05 AM

damnit i have a hard time getting over 30k you guys suck

matome 01-17-06 08:07 AM

Travelling along the edges when things get really hectic can definitely save you, though you have to watch out for spawns. Until the black hole explodes and sends out those little blue things :(

The Bus 01-17-06 09:34 AM

You should ideally always be on the edges of the map, never more than 3-5 ships lengths away from the edge, until you need to cross to the other side to evade enemies flanking you.

My problem is when things explode I can't see if something hits me or not. Too many colors. :(