DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Console count: Who has what? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/450259-console-count-who-has-what.html)

Goldberg74 12-29-05 10:04 AM

I personally own and play games on a ______________.

This poll is open to everyone, and you can choose more than one. Please do not turn this into a "_____ sucks" or "what do you have against ______" thread.

Choose all that you have and post 'em below.

I currently own:

GameCube
GameBoy Advance (1st gen, SP and micro)
PC

[it]Edit to add: I'm sticking with the current generations that are continually supported with new game development. PS1s can be lumped into PS2. Sorry to those who still have their Dreamcasts and Sega machines close to their hearts. :)[/i]

tonyc3742 12-29-05 10:07 AM

this [currently] isn't actually a poll, but anyway...

i tend to focus on one per generation.

PC [3 in house, 2 hooked up] [although not my primary gaming platform]
PS2 on the downstairs tv

Dreamcast
PS1
Sega Gen/32x/CD all on the 'bonus room' tv

NES and Atari 7800 in boxes in the garage.

I've perused the GB/GBA/PSP/DS thing, but I am not into handheld gaming, and don't have much of a place to play them, so the last handheld I had was the original Game Boy

Goldberg74 12-29-05 10:11 AM

Its a poll now... go ahead and pick your poison.

pinata242 12-29-05 10:17 AM

Everything on that list except 360 and PSP. I typically wait for there to be a game or two I *need* before I get a console. My N64 is still hooked up as well, but the Revolution should probably replace it and the Gamecube if the retro-gaming is what I hope it to be.

PixyJunket 12-29-05 10:18 AM

You can't own MAME. It's not a console and it only plays illegally downloaded games. I'm not sure why it's an option.

Cardiff Giant11 12-29-05 10:19 AM

I've got a Gamecube but I'm probably going to sell it to get some extra cash to use towards a 360, assuming I can actually find one.

fumanstan 12-29-05 10:23 AM

PS2 and PC.

Noonan 12-29-05 10:38 AM

Everything except MAME for me.

Goldberg74 12-29-05 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
You can't own MAME. It's not a console and it only plays illegally downloaded games. I'm not sure why it's an option.

I thought about that myself, so I tried to change the thread title to "I personally own and play games on a ______________." but I was too late.

If a mod sees this and changes the thread title to "I personally own and play games on a ______________." that would be appreciated.

Josh H 12-29-05 11:03 AM

I currently have: Gamecube, X-box, PS2, DS.

But I'm trying to sell the X-box and PS2 currently.

Mr. Cinema 12-29-05 11:03 AM

Own:

XBOX and PS2

Want:

PSP (waiting for a price drop)

Revolution (will buy this at launch, assuming the price is around $200)

DJ_Longfellow 12-29-05 11:04 AM

I own these:
XBOX 360 - Currently ONLY playing this really
XBOX - Moved to spare bedroom
PSP - Only use on trips
PS2 - At my brothers...it's his bascially now
Genesis - At my wife's Dad's house
PC - Not really used for gaming though

Red Dog 12-29-05 11:04 AM

PS2

I got a DS as a surprise gift for X-mas, but I'll probably exchange it for something else since I don't play my PS2 enough to justify having another gaming system.

jonw9 12-29-05 11:17 AM

Own 360, PS2 and PC.

Selling the PS2 and I really don't use the PC for gaming much, so pretty much just 360.

Tyson8earzz 12-29-05 11:59 AM

I have currently:

5x PC on my wireless network
Xbox
Gamecube
2x GBA, 1x GBA SP
Sony PS1
N64 in garage
Sega Genesis in garage
SNES in garage
NES in garage
Commodore Amiga 500 in garage
Commodore128D in garage
Commodore64 in garage

BTW: shouldnt the PC option in the poll be at 100%? I mean, how else does everyone even vote in this poll? We all have a pc to access this forum right? lol

Drexl 12-29-05 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket

I think that choice is supposed to be for a dedicated MAME machine that you built or had someone build for you.

Red Dog 12-29-05 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
PS2

I got a DS as a surprise gift for X-mas, but I'll probably exchange it for something else since I don't play my PS2 enough to justify having another gaming system.

I forgot about the Sega Genesis I have buried in a box somewhere.

Manco 12-29-05 12:37 PM

Atari 2600
Odyssey
Sega Genesis
SNES
Dreamcast
NEO GEO CD
Playstation 1,2
N64
Xbox
Xbox 360

fumanstan 12-29-05 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Drexl
I think that choice is supposed to be for a dedicated MAME machine that you built or had someone build for you.

That's what I thought as well.

I'm surprised at how evenly the numbers are spread out right now.

BBEANLPHIE 12-29-05 01:14 PM

Microsoft XBox
2x Sony Playstation 2
2x Dreamcast
Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP
Sony PS1
Nintendo Dual Screen (DS)
Personal Computer .

Being 26 and actually listing what I have at home I actually realize I will never get a chance to play all the systems and enjoy them to the fullest unlike when I was 16 or 17. So sad at 16 having all the best systems and games was like a dream now I cant even enjoy at this age to the fullest. So sad

huh? 12-29-05 01:27 PM

Gamecube, Xbox, and DS.

I haven't been playing too many games lately though.

Ginwen 12-29-05 01:35 PM

PS2
PS1
Gamecube
N64
SNES
GBA
GB Color
XBox
Dreamcast
Genesis (great)/Sega CD (crap)
PC

I think that's all. The PC gets the most gaming use (World of Warcraft) but the PS2 has been getting some lately due to I Heart Katamari, and the Gamecube gets used regularly. The XBox hardly ever . The older systems hardly get played either, but I keep them and the games so I can justify playing the emulators on my PC--Genesis and SNES have most of my favorite games ever on them.

Jeremy517 12-29-05 01:42 PM

Atari 2600
GBA
Gamecube
NES
PC
SNES
XBox

Maxflier 12-29-05 01:58 PM

PS2
XBOX
PC
Dreamcast
Jaguar
NES
Genesis

Also have a CPS2 Arcade machine which has Darkstalkers running on it, one day i will get around to switching it to Super Street Fighter II.

Honestly the only 2 that see any real action are my PC and PS2.

lordwow 12-29-05 02:40 PM

SNES
N64
PS1
PS2
Xbox
PC
Mac