DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   What new systems or games did you get today? Dec25 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/449857-what-new-systems-games-did-you-get-today-dec25.html)

BeanDip0001 12-25-05 09:14 AM

What new systems or games did you get today? Dec25

so what'd everyone here pickup from family or friends for gifts. i got a new nintendo DS with mario kart awesome.

i also got the harry potter game for the ds today.

Goldberg74 12-25-05 09:18 AM

Me: A GameBoy Micro (:D), Final Fantasy I & II (GBA), Final Fantasy IV (GBA)

Wife: Mario Party Advance (GBA), Life/Yahtzee/PayDay (GBA)

Daughter: Ms. Pacman Maze (GBA)

Family: Mario Party 7 (GCN)

jeffdsmith 12-25-05 09:25 AM

I have not opened anything yet, but wanted to wish everyone on here a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Keep the controller warm, and the gameplay hotter.

BeanDip0001 12-25-05 09:47 AM

yeah if someone will give me their wife or girlfriend for a new game i'll be sure to keep that gameplay super hot!! :) but no really, if anyone got mariokart DS today check the other thread and add my friend code i'd like to play online!

goLUCKY 12-25-05 09:49 AM

Daughter: Red DS from with Mario Kart. I raced her, then realized I need to unlock everything for her.

fumanstan 12-25-05 09:54 AM

I got Shadow of the Colossus a couple weeks ago as a Christmas present early.

Liquid Death 12-25-05 10:10 AM

I bought myself Project Snowblind, Area 51, and Pariah from the TRU deal & Half Life 2 earlier in the month...I guess that semi-counts ;)

kegman 12-25-05 10:19 AM

My wife pre-ordered me DOA4, but they changed the release date again. So next week I should get it. Also I got 3 $60 EB Games gift cards which could count as 3 games

darkside 12-25-05 11:09 AM

GBA: Final Fantasy IV, F-Zero GP Legend
DS: Mr Driller Drill Spirits
PS2: Psychonauts, KOF Maximum Impact.

Most of those were added at the $10 TRU sale.

I bought several games the last few weeks, but of course I couldn't wait till Christmas for most of them. Still need to pick up a PS2 as well, but I'm really hoping for some kind of price drop or post Christmas deal before I grab one. Too much to play right now anyway.

My other gifts were mostly DVDs, couple of Ramones shirts and a Fossil watch I really don't like and now I have to find someway to tell my wife her gift sucked.

devilshalo 12-25-05 12:02 PM

At the company Christmas party, I won a PSP. So I've been trying to set that up and read up about homebrew and all that. No games for it yet.

Got my roommate's wife Shadow of the Colossus. Gave it to her early so she could play it. She's kinda mad tho that I'm up to the 10th boss while she's at the 3rd and we've played about the same number of hours. :lol:

Li 12-25-05 12:27 PM

I got a PSP and GTA:LCS, and Pokemon FireRed. But I think I'm going to take the PSP back and put it toward a 360 if I can EVER find one...

Shagrath 12-25-05 12:34 PM

I got Guitar Hero about 2 weeks ago as an early gift from my mom.

My wife got a DS /w Nintendogs (Golden Retriever) from my parents, and The Sims 2 (PC) and both expansions from me.

She's having a blast with Nintendogs!

BeanDip0001 12-25-05 01:01 PM

how is the nintendogs? i've been reading about it today seems kinda cool, but i think i'm going to pick up anaimal world

Draven 12-25-05 01:01 PM

My brother got my Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for the Xbox (which I asked for) but since I asked I read some less-than-stellar reviews, so I traded it in for Half-Life 2.

Also just picked up Kingdom Hearts and Rachet: Deadlocked, and I got the Capcom Classics Collection a few weeks ago that I've yet to play, so I'm good to go for awhile.

lordwow 12-25-05 01:41 PM

I got:
PC - Call of Duty 2
XBox1 - GTA: SA

I also bought Burnout 3 last week, so ya...

sdcrym 12-25-05 02:23 PM

I got Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, and I will probably use some gift certificates to pick up Metroid Pinball

Joe Molotov 12-25-05 02:55 PM

Guitar Hero & Suikoden IV.

sniper308 12-25-05 04:17 PM

Picked up a SpongeBob edition GBA SP for my daughter... got her Dr Mario and some Nicktoons/SpongeBob 2 in 1 game.

Picked up my son Pokemon Fire Red for GBA and Star Wars Lego for GBA.

Got to crack open my 360, but don't have any games for it yet... will be heading down to my folks place in a couple days and should be picking up COD2 for the 360 and another controller should be on its way from my brother.

I had previously picked up the 360 wireless adapter at the Kmart deal a bit back... not sure why I did that since I have the original Xbox wireless adapter still (my Xbox is connected to it but my original Xbox Live Gamertag had expired). Hooked up the 360 with the Silver membership and the free month trial of live... bummer it would not let me use my original Xbox Gamertag since it had expired about a month or so ago... so I created a new one and it was all good from there. Not really compelled to pay for a Gold membership at this point.

anyway, that's it here...

Setzer 12-25-05 05:19 PM

My Wife got me Final Fantasy IV, which I was expecting but she also got me a Graphite GBA SP, which I definitely wasn't expecting.

Chris_D 12-25-05 06:22 PM

I'm on holiday at the moment, but I have Final Fantasy IV waiting for me when I get back.

Josh H 12-25-05 06:45 PM

Kirby Canvas Curse and Mario and Luigi Partners in the time for the DS....which is continuing to make me question my need for the 3 "real" consoles.

Ginwen 12-25-05 07:08 PM

Just one: We Heart Katamari. Seems pretty goofy (that's a good thing) so far.

Michael Corvin 12-25-05 07:17 PM

Snagged a 360 Memory Unit for my birthday yesterday, and Condemed, also 360, today.

The Bus 12-25-05 08:36 PM

I got for my brother and sister, a Nintendo DS (hers, he got one already), Mario Kart, Nintendogs, Mr. Driller Spirits, Castlevania DS, and Advance Wars DS.

Demontooth 12-25-05 09:34 PM

Me:

PSP

a PSP
Dead to Rights
Darkstalkers
World Soccer Tour
Rengoku
Starwars Battlefront II
Virtua Tennis
Prince of Persia

DS