DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   DS Bargain at TRU (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/449197-ds-bargain-tru.html)

John Sinnott 12-18-05 09:30 AM

DS Bargain at TRU

I didn't see it posted, excuse me if I missed it.

Toys R Us is having a great deal on the DS:

For $149.99 you can get:

Mario Kart DS bundle w/ red Nintendo DS and Mario Kart
Ultimate Spiderman for DS
either the NDS starter Kit of NDS Pro Gamer's Kit. Both come with a case for the DS, car adapter, and earphones.

Not giving out rain checks on this one and they are sold out of the NDS kits on-line. I ran down to TRU and scored the last Ultimate SPiderman they had. :)

Supermallet 12-18-05 11:03 AM

The only problem with that is that Ultimate Spider-Man is a terrible game. But if you could return it, or even sell it, then it would be worthwhile.

Gallant Pig 12-18-05 12:03 PM

I dunno, Target for $99.99 still seems better than this.

John Sinnott 12-18-05 08:41 PM

Yeah, but you have to have a catalog, (which I don't have) and even then some stores aren't honoring it. If you're going to get Mario Kart anyway, which I was, and need a car adapter, which I do, this is a good deal.

Jtnguyen12 12-18-05 08:56 PM

Checkout this Sunday Ads! TRU have buy 2 DS games for $30

Nanostray (DS) and Bust A Move (DS) both games worth $30 ;)

lewisb73 12-18-05 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gallant Pig
I dunno, Target for $99.99 still seems better than this.

This TRU deal is much better IMO

DS
plus Mario Kart (roughly 30-35 dollar game)... been playing this alot today
plus Ult Spiderman (roughly 35 dollar game) rated a decent 8.0 on IGN if that means anything
PLUS a very nice DS kit I got that included, an aluminum case, dust free wiping cloth, wrist strap, car adaptor, ear buds, screen protectors... hell Id have to buy most of those things anyway, nice to get them FREE... this was a 30 dollar value BTW

This is a MUCH better deal, and not everyone got those Target booklets

Fodder1976 12-18-05 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
The only problem with that is that Ultimate Spider-Man is a terrible game. But if you could return it, or even sell it, then it would be worthwhile.

I purchased, played, and thourougly enjoyed Ultimate Spiderman, and I NEVER buy superhero games. I thought it was very clever, innovative, and a hell of a lot of fun.

badlieut 12-18-05 09:54 PM

Thanks for the heads-up...I'll try to check my local TRU and see if they have any left.

Josh H 12-18-05 10:10 PM

Yeah, I think the other poster must be thinking of the spider-man 2 game that was out at or around the DS launch last year. That one was terrible and got panned in all the reviews.

I haven't played Ultimate Spider-man, but it's gotten decent reviews.

Outlaw 12-18-05 10:33 PM

The $99.99 at Target was a killer deal but I don't think it's possible to get it at that price anymore because it was originally a price mistake?

darkside 12-18-05 10:39 PM

I think Target stopped honoring the 99 dollar price on 12-05.

kakihara1 12-19-05 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by darkside
I think Target stopped honoring the 99 dollar price on 12-05.

Oh good!! I was going to be pissed cause I just paid $150 yesterday for the Mario Kart DS. BTW this little system is fkn cool as hell and I can't wait to set up my wifi tonight. I'll be sure to post my gamer # thing.