DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Has anyone else had MAJOR issues with King Kong (360)? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/449045-has-anyone-else-had-major-issues-king-kong-360-a.html)

Rob V 12-16-05 04:40 PM

Has anyone else had MAJOR issues with King Kong (360)?

I'm just over 50% complete with King Kong on the 360 - at the 'To Save Ann' level and for the friggin life of me, I cannot get the game to progress. The object of the level is to distract a V-Rex while Ann opens a door for you, but the game is so buggy that she won't open the door - thus I can't move forward. It doesn't matter if I restart, redo old levels, etc... Im completely stuck. No cheats work either. I love this game and want to finish it - but it doeesn't look like I'll be able to unless Ubisoft issues a patch for these types of bugs!

So to my point - has anyone else had as maddening of an experience as I have? What did you do about it? Do I have any options other than to wait for Xbox 360 cheats to come out?

MasterofDVD 12-16-05 07:22 PM

If I recall there have been a few threads in the larger 360 threads mentioning problems with the game but I haven't seen anything about a fix. I would check out the forum for this game at Ubisoft's site. I think the game designers would probably check the forum now and then especially after the comments the CEO made "bashing" King Kong for the 360.

Gizmo 12-16-05 07:52 PM

Yeah, there are alot of bugs. It was rushed out because of the movie. The best answer I have heard is to just restart the level and all should be fixed. Yeah, lame, but it works.

maingon 12-17-05 03:51 PM

i beat it and had no bugs happen in the game.

Adam Tyner 12-17-05 06:46 PM

Yeah, I had a couple of problems. One might have been at the same part you mentioned, Rob -- I accidentally knocked a pillar off a cliff, and that kept a V-Rex from moving towards Ann. So Ann kept chucking flaming spears off-screen, Kong kept his eyes fixated on some unseen point, and I couldn't do anything. I kept thinking there was something I was supposed to do, but I got annoyed, quit, and retried. Everything worked fine the second time through.

Another problem popped up when Ann said she'd meet me at a certain spot, but I backtracked too far, and instead of progressing to the next level, the game freaked out and restarted the current level from the beginning.

The game outright froze when I picked up a sniper rifle around halfway through. I hadn't saved for a few levels, so I lost around an hour of gameplay.

I've read lots of posts about these sorts of problems. I don't remember the character's name off the top of my head, but the guy on the raft who's surrounded by the dinosaurs sometimes won't join your party. I read where a guy saved a game at the beginning of one of the later levels, and he'd immediately die. He couldn't do anything at all without keeling over, and since that was his one and only save, he had to replay from the very beginning.

frstdejo 12-19-05 02:43 PM

I have played COD2 and Perfect Dark Zero for hours without the slightest hiccup. I rented King Kong and in 3 days it had probably 5 major issues. The sound went all echo like and I had to restart, my son was playing as Kong and got stuck when he was climbing, so I returned it without finishing it. My girlfriend bought it for me this past weekend so I started playing again from where I left off on the rental, and after one hour I was playing as Kong and it froze the whole system. I too hope they fix some of this on XB Live. Especially now that I own the game :)

Rob V 12-19-05 06:38 PM

I want to finish this game - I think it's fantastic... but I agree - unless there is a patch via Xbox Live, I just don't have the energy or the time to restart the whole damn thing just hoping that another bug doesn't lock me up again. I really feel that I deserve my money back - when you can't finish a game due to quality control issues, that's just ripping the customer off.

BravesMG 04-06-06 04:08 PM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it was the best one I could find for my question.

I've got King Kong from Gamefly and I'm almost done, but it's getting so repetative that I dread the last 8 chapters. There's always one cool part of the chapter, but getting there is just a drain. I see there's a lot of cheats for invincibility, unlimited ammo, etc.... Does anybody know if you can use those cheats to beat the game and still get the achievement points?

MasterofDVD 04-06-06 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by bravesmg
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it was the best one I could find for my question.

I've got King Kong from Gamefly and I'm almost done, but it's getting so repetative that I dread the last 8 chapters. There's always one cool part of the chapter, but getting there is just a drain. I see there's a lot of cheats for invincibility, unlimited ammo, etc.... Does anybody know if you can use those cheats to beat the game and still get the achievement points?

Considering how easy it is to get the 1000 points in this game I can't imagine they would allow you to get these points with the cheats activated.

Then again I can't imagine anyone playing this game a second time just to use the cheats so you never know.

Michael Corvin 04-06-06 08:24 PM

I believe I read on the Xbox forums you CAN use the cheats and get achievement points. BUT that is only on the first few levels. You probably can't with how far you are in the game.

And yes it was a terribly repetitive game. It had its moments, but even at around 6 hours playtime, it was probably 3 hours too long. Much like the movie.

lotsofdvds 04-07-06 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It had its moments, but even at around 6 hours playtime, it was probably 3 hours too long. Much like the movie.

:rimshot:

BravesMG 04-07-06 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
And yes it was a terribly repetitive game. It had its moments, but even at around 6 hours playtime, it was probably 3 hours too long. Much like the movie.

:) Low blow, low blow. If only the game was as good as King Kong, I didn't even have the inspiration to try last night. The movie is one of my favorites, but I don't remember them endlessly searching for levers, or lighting "brush" on fire all day, or shooting those millipedes every 12 seconds. I only care about the achievement points and finishing the game to get some conclusion to my 5 hours, and it's not all terrible. But it feels like you're in the middle of a never-ending cutscene where occassionally you get turned around and can't figure out which was you're looking. Great graphics, pretty fun playing as Kong (but not enough of that), and good voice acting. But the gameplay is just too stilted and you've only got about 3 things you can possibly do at any time (maybe 2, you can't even jump when you're Jack). It was a good attempt, but I'm glad I get to send it back (HOPEFULLY FOR F'N GHOST RECON, FINALLY).

Save Ferris 04-07-06 10:35 AM

I heard if you use some of the cheat codes you'll cause a lot more bug problems (one unsolvable after a point)

Blade 04-07-06 01:25 PM

I had an occassional glicth and/or lockup, but was able to finish the game with no real problem. Though I never did figure out those Internet Codes

Not sure if I'll keep it since the demo already has one of the best parts of the game in it.