DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Is there a way to get an XBox 360 and pay in payments? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/447611-there-way-get-xbox-360-pay-payments.html)

Ravenous 12-04-05 04:56 PM

Is there a way to get an XBox 360 and pay in payments?

I know this may sound odd, and Ive stated I didnt plan on getting this system, but I have am aunt who said shed get this for me if there was a payment plan. Anyone know of a store that has this? I dont mean layaway either. I recall seeing an add somewhere that stated you could get a 360 and pay only $15 a month; I dont recall where though.

Anyone have a "deal" like this going?

joshd2012 12-04-05 05:01 PM

Why not just put it on a credit card and make monthly payments? Sure, you have to pay interest, but anyone who is going to lend you money will charge you interest.

TheMadMonk 12-04-05 05:01 PM

Use a credit card, and pay off the balance over time?

AllHallowsEve 12-04-05 05:05 PM

You could use a no payments/no interest credit card plan. Then pay it off before the finance charges start. Problem is you have to find a system first.

I am sure you did see a plan that said $15 a month. But, I would very strongly advise against such a plan. Especially if you only plan on paying the $15 a month. What you probably didnt notice is the huge ridiculous interest rates. By the time its paid years from now making the minimum, you could have had an Xbox 360, a PS3, and a Nintendo Revolution with some games on the side.

I really don't think you will have to worry about this though as your chances of finding a system before Christmas are pretty nill at this point.

Flay 12-04-05 05:10 PM

I'm sure Rent-A-Center will let you pay $15 a month for the next 5 years.

silentbob007 12-04-05 06:03 PM

You could order one from Dell using Dell financing and whatever promotion they are running at the time ....

Joe Molotov 12-04-05 06:17 PM

Just have her give you the $15 a month. Then when you've finally got the $400...get a Revolution. ;)

Corleone 12-04-05 06:23 PM

Tell her thanks for the offer but no thanks. If she needs to buy the system on an installment plan she probably can't actually afford it.

Cusm 12-04-05 07:26 PM

Wait for Wal-Mart to get them and put it in Lay-a-way.

Ravenous 12-05-05 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Corleone
Tell her thanks for the offer but no thanks. If she needs to buy the system on an installment plan she probably can't actually afford it.

Uhh no. But theres such a thing as bieng cheap! :lol:

JoshUnt 12-05-05 11:27 AM

Best Buy always has no interest for like 6 months on the Best Buy Credit Card for any purchase over $250.

DJ_Longfellow 12-05-05 11:35 AM

Yeah, credit card is your only way...unless QVC gets them on EZ-PAY...haha