DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   the One and Only Kameo Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/447492-one-only-kameo-thread.html)

Michael Corvin 12-03-05 08:37 AM

the One and Only Kameo Thread

Instead of continuing an off topic discussion in the "first impressions" thread I thought this might be better.

I finished it yesterday. Damn Thorn was a bitch to defeat. Took about an hour and a half. Finished with somewhere around 70 fruit. Only found 3 of the crystal balls and a couple "skins" for my elementals.

Has anyone tried score attack? OMG. I have to be doing something wrong. I played the first level 5 times, got 4 F's and an E. What am I doing wrong? An A seems damn near impossible.

Anyone tried Co-op yet? I want to try and max out my gamertag score from all the achievements, just wondering if it is worth it.

Adam Tyner 12-03-05 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I finished it yesterday. Damn Thorn was a bitch to defeat.

Try fighting him using nothing but 40 Below's wrecking ball. He's a cinch if you do that -- you constantly hack away at him while taking little-to-no damage yourself, and even if you do get hit, you'll pick up all the health from the fallen badniks Kalus summons. Doing that, Thorn is the easiest (well, maybe 2nd easiest, behind the giant tree) boss in the game.

Michael Corvin 12-03-05 02:49 PM

Wow. That never crossed my mind. For a while, the first two to three rounds I used chilla's ice launcher while taking minimal damage. It was when thorn started hopping and running around that gave me issues.

I ended up using Snare and his uproot ability. That worked well. Hit it right and each blast gets in 3-4 hits. Used that throughout the whole battle and won it that way.

tenaciousdave 12-03-05 04:21 PM

I used Thermite and just kept using the mortor and when he was stunned, I used Chilla's spear on Kallus. I took no damage at all.

The Bus 12-03-05 06:24 PM

Thorn's a she, isn't she?

Adam Tyner 12-03-05 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
Thorn's a she, isn't she?

No, Thorn is the troll king. I think you're thinking of Kalus.

Michael Corvin 03-14-06 11:23 AM

FYI, gamefly has Kameo for $29.99 with free shipping right now. Damn sweet deal for such a killer game.

Liver&Onions 03-14-06 11:49 AM

I have this sitting sealed in my entertainment unit ready to play. I cannot wait to pop it in, but I might actually wait for a bit and bust my HDTV cherry with this title.

gimmepilotwings 03-14-06 12:05 PM

That is a pretty good price, but I am afraid that I would not play it, after Elder Scrolls comes out next week.

s}{ammer 03-14-06 12:28 PM

I saw that price too. If I didn't have so much to do on PD0, Condemned and FNR3 I would snatch it up.

DJ_Longfellow 03-14-06 12:36 PM

I actually really started to like this game, but I got annoyed with it. I'm more than half way through....eventually I might finish it, but no time soon with my other games in rotation now.

tbird2340 05-25-06 07:08 AM

Quick question.. How does the ranking work? Like when you complete a level you get an A-F..??

Michael Corvin 05-28-06 09:51 PM

Sorta. You have to go into the score attack mode. It's all about getting the high score. You are rated A-G(I think). They seem impossible at first, but each level has it's own quirks and it is a must to find the right elemental to use. Figuring out the Doom Trolls is ESSENTIAL to getting an A ranking. It is impossible to do without them.

Flay 05-29-06 12:11 PM

I just finished the score attack recently. I had no luck until I used this guide:

http://forums.xbox.com/2434353/ShowPost.aspx

movieking 05-30-06 05:30 PM

Where can I get a good walkthrough/guide for this game, and for that matter, all 360 games? Someone suggested a great site to me before that had a bunch of free ones, but now I can't remember what it was. The ones that I found doing searches all cost money.

The one that I found before was *.pdf file I believe.

Can anyone help?

Liver&Onions 05-30-06 05:44 PM

www.gamefaqs.com has all systems, faqs, walkthroughs, cheats...and a really immature message board :)

tbird2340 06-07-06 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Flay
I just finished the score attack recently. I had no luck until I used this guide:

http://forums.xbox.com/2434353/ShowPost.aspx

WTH?? I just played Thorn's Castle and got over 16,000,000 points and got a flippin "D"? What's up with that?? I thought you only needed 15,000,000 to get an "A"?

Michael Corvin 06-07-06 12:35 PM

Are you sure you aren't looking at your grand total? I did that at first.

I am close to finishing all the new achievements. Snagged a handful of them over the weekend.

Green Smurf 06-07-06 12:42 PM

I also think you need the crystals.

tbird2340 06-07-06 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Are you sure you aren't looking at your grand total? I did that at first.

I am close to finishing all the new achievements. Snagged a handful of them over the weekend.

This picture obviously isn't mine but an example.. I got that number from my "Total Score".. Which number needs to be 15Mill +??

http://tdsconsulting.net/screencap3.png

Michael Corvin 06-07-06 12:50 PM

Nah. You don't need the crystals. You can't even access them on Thorn's Castle.

Jason Bovberg 12-03-06 07:11 PM

Okay, here's a stupid question. I'm playing this with my daughter, and for the life of me, I haven't been able to figure out how to save our games. We go through the Thorn's Castle level, and after we beat the boss in that level, the game defaults back to the beginning?!

I've selected my hard drive at the beginning of the game, and I've saved a name for our quest/adventure. What am I dong wrong?

Wow, I feel like an idiot.

argh923 12-03-06 07:53 PM

I THINK (haven't had this since January, so not 100% sure) that you just go level by level through co-op, and unlock the levels for co-op by beating them on single player.

Jason Bovberg 12-04-06 09:41 AM

Yeah, that's it. I guess I could've actually read the booklet closely. Thanks.

But what if I don't want to play it single-player? :) I mean, I have Dead Rising waiting in the wings for my single-player time.

msdmoney 12-04-06 10:19 AM

I finished this game in the past couple weeks, great game. Lots of variety, and didn't feel like a collectathon like many of Rare's previous platformer type games. The huge battle scenes were great, I spent a lot of extra time just blowing through hundreds of trolls on the horse.