Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

And they say video games don't lead to violence

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-05, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
And they say video games don't lead to violence

Bungie's Murder Simulator Halo 2 Exposed!

See as how in this graphic video, a young man quenches his in-game rage with a savage beating. Not for sensitive eyes or ears, as this future killer practices obscenities against society and takes the Lord's name in vain.

[CLICK FOR VIDEO HERE] - Not for Minors!
Old 11-30-05, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts
[Sulu] Oh my! [/Sulu]

He'll be scary when he's done with puberty and his voice drops.
Old 11-30-05, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OH MY GOD! That kid is nuts. He said the F word more times in that short clip then they did in the entire movie of Heat!
Old 11-30-05, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
umm...

If i remember correctly, this game is rated M for mature. So... where are the parents of this kid to tell him that it's only a game? And not only that... to tell him to calm himself down?

Not only that... it looks like this kid's not even a good player to boot.

Personally I'd take the kid's system away and make him do some homework. A couple of anger management classes wouldn't hurt either.

... but that's just my opinion.

oh yeah... gotta love the pansy slap at the TV at 2:43

Last edited by DLogic; 11-30-05 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-30-05, 05:31 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
how many times has this been posted already?
Old 12-01-05, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A friend of mine acts exactly like that when playing games. That's the reason no one will play him in fighting games or FPS' anymore.
Back when Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance first came out, he got it and was going through training mode. He was at one point attempting to do a combo, and was instructed to roll forward. He kept rolling backward, and wouldn't listen to use when we told him he was doing it wrong. He flipped out and yanked the controller from his Xbox and threw it, took out the MK disc, took a knife to the bottom and scratched the absolute hell out of it, while yelling numerous obscenities at the game. He put the disc back in the Xbox, and when it didn't read the disc, he started yelling again and hitting the Xbox, then took the disc out and bent it in half. The most ridiculous thing was that he put the disc back in the case and returned it(I think to Wal-Mart), saying it didn't work. I guess they never even checked the disc, because they gave him a new game.
Old 12-01-05, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KingSmoth
A friend of mine acts exactly like that when playing games. That's the reason no one will play him in fighting games or FPS' anymore.
Back when Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance first came out, he got it and was going through training mode. He was at one point attempting to do a combo, and was instructed to roll forward. He kept rolling backward, and wouldn't listen to use when we told him he was doing it wrong. He flipped out and yanked the controller from his Xbox and threw it, took out the MK disc, took a knife to the bottom and scratched the absolute hell out of it, while yelling numerous obscenities at the game. He put the disc back in the Xbox, and when it didn't read the disc, he started yelling again and hitting the Xbox, then took the disc out and bent it in half. The most ridiculous thing was that he put the disc back in the case and returned it(I think to Wal-Mart), saying it didn't work. I guess they never even checked the disc, because they gave him a new game.
Day-um! My brother thinks this video is probably fake and that no one really acts that way. Guess he was wrong. (Although why this kid would set up a camera to record himself playing Halo 2 and acting like a maniac is a bit unclear.)

I'm not going to say I've never stormed out of a room or never tossed a controller in anger over a videogame, but some people maybe take it a bit too far.
Old 12-01-05, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DLogic
If i remember correctly, this game is rated M for mature.

Or is it rated M for MURDER?
Old 12-01-05, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by KingSmoth
Sounds like your friend needs to get beat within an inch of his life.
Old 12-01-05, 08:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
At least he turned the TV off and was closing the door behind him when leaving the room.
Old 12-01-05, 08:37 AM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Old 12-01-05, 09:34 AM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts
It's possible his parents set up a hidden camera in an attempt to show him how... excitable he gets.

MOM: "Now, if only you could channel that enthusiasm to school, or girls--"
KID: "BRRAAAAAH!"
Old 12-01-05, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Kill Him!
Old 12-01-05, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Kill Him!
More like... Finish Him!
Old 12-02-05, 02:23 PM

I threw the controller and yelled a few times back in 86 when Mario Brothers came out. But, not the whole time or even often. The game cheated though. I remember that was the excuse I used. The game cheated. I pressed the jump button but he didnt jump and I died. Though looking back on it now, that game did cheat every now and then. It was called buggy software. I really don't think gaming is the solution for people with stress. It is not a stress reducer. It is a stress enhancer for many.

Last edited by AllHallowsEve; 12-02-05 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-02-05, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by DLogic
If i remember correctly, this game is rated M for mature. So... where are the parents of this kid to tell him that it's only a game? And not only that... to tell him to calm himself down?

Not only that... it looks like this kid's not even a good player to boot.

Personally I'd take the kid's system away and make him do some homework. A couple of anger management classes wouldn't hurt either.

... but that's just my opinion.

oh yeah... gotta love the pansy slap at the TV at 2:43
If you told this kid to do homework, he would probably throw an axe through your head, tell you his losing was your fault, and hang your intestines from the hallway as Christmas decorations. lol.

This kid should not be gaming.

Then again this whole thing can be a prank? I dont know anyone who would tape themselves acting like this and show it off. I also don't know many parents who would put a tape like this online. It's just not something many parents would do for the world to see. I can see showing this to a theapist or someone, but if the parents did post it online to make a fool out of their child, well then they were wrong for doing that IMO.

Last edited by AllHallowsEve; 12-02-05 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-02-05, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I remember a friend of mine once audiotaped himself playing Street Fighter II at home. He got beat by Chun-Li for the 1,000th time and unleashed a really loud (and long) string of profanity at the TV. Another friend nabbed the tape and brought it to the school cafeteria the next week---we were all in college at the time---and surprised him by playing it really loud in front of everybody. If only I'd have kept the tape...
Old 12-02-05, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Was he also recording the video and planning on making a commentary track?

I just can't imagine why one would audiotape something like that. Doesn't seem like it would be very exciting. Like sex, I just think you'd need video to get any 2nd enjoyment out of a recording.
Old 12-02-05, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I used to act similar to that when I use to play Mega Man. I have thrown many NES control pads behind that little blue bastard.
Old 12-02-05, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

that kid is nucking futs.
Old 12-03-05, 01:05 AM

I want to get that kids gamer tag, find him, and annihilate him.
Old 12-03-05, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

video games don't kill... people kill.
Old 12-05-05, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mopower
Sounds like your friend needs to get beat within an inch of his life.
so true, so true.
Old 12-05-05, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My pc case has taken the occasional thump, and I've broken one ps2 controller in my time (I occasionally hurl them across the room or thump them into the floor). I do have a set rule that I only mistreat my OWN gear though, all my friends stuff is safe .
Old 12-05-05, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ya know, I can't remember any time I ever actually threw a controller. Oh I've gotten pissed a couple of times and realized that I was acting ridiculous and needed to step away, but to actually break stuff over a game? Come on now...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.