DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Peter Jackson's King Kong...anyone play it yet? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/446274-peter-jacksons-king-kong-anyone-play-yet.html)

OldBoy 11-22-05 06:35 PM

Peter Jackson's King Kong...anyone play it yet?

I am wondering if this is worth a purchase for the GC. Anyone actually play the final console build and can post some detailed thoughts?

Wondering about length, fun factor, replayability, etc...

Thanks in advance.

frstdejo 11-23-05 12:03 PM

Scott,

I have played for about an hour on the 360 version. I am really enjoying it. Great graphics, very immersive gameplay. I don't want to give any spoilers, but there are some good surprises, and very tense moments. Playing it on a large widescreen TV without any HUD is really cool. Even though you don't have an ammo gauge, you can hit a button and your character will say something like "Only 2 clips left". I just made it to a point where I am chasing Kong. I can't wait to get home and play some more.

:)

frstdejo 11-23-05 12:07 PM

Sorry I just re-read your original questions and I didn't really answer any of them. The length I couldn't tell you just yet. I rented it for 5 days and I fully expect to beat it in that amount of time. Fun factor I mentioned it is very fun. Replayability is questionable, it plays out like a movie with very linear paths. I would probably replay it once just because it looks so good.

I am happy with it as a rental, and I will probably buy it when it is half price.

Barney1234 11-23-05 12:11 PM

Played it and finished it in 1 day, it was fun. I'm sure it looks great on the 360. Some fun elements.

Supermallet 11-23-05 12:25 PM

I read that it isn't long enough, but what you do get is utterly fantastic.

OldBoy 11-23-05 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney1234
Played it and finished it in 1 day, it was fun. I'm sure it looks great on the 360. Some fun elements.

so is it worth a full price purchase? would you play it again and then again later?

OldBoy 11-23-05 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frstdejo
Sorry I just re-read your original questions and I didn't really answer any of them. The length I couldn't tell you just yet. I rented it for 5 days and I fully expect to beat it in that amount of time. Fun factor I mentioned it is very fun. Replayability is questionable, it plays out like a movie with very linear paths. I would probably replay it once just because it looks so good.

I am happy with it as a rental, and I will probably buy it when it is half price.

great mini review thanks! i am just so torn right now...

Barney1234 11-23-05 01:33 PM

Rent it!

Josh H 11-23-05 01:39 PM

The reviews I've read didn't make it sound like it has much replay value, so I'd say it's probably best as a rental or waiting to purchase at under $20.

actyper 11-23-05 04:28 PM

Did blockbuster jack up rentals for 360 games? I heard they did up here in Canada, haven't checked myself yet though.