DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Nintendo DS Dog Bundle Or Nintendo DS Mario Kart Bundle (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/445651-nintendo-ds-dog-bundle-nintendo-ds-mario-kart-bundle.html)

raydeen10 11-17-05 06:35 PM

Nintendo DS Dog Bundle Or Nintendo DS Mario Kart Bundle

Trying to decide what bundle to get and was curious of your guys opionion of the Nintendo DS Dog Bundle or the Nintendo DS Mario Kart bundle.

goLUCKY 11-17-05 06:41 PM

I'm getting my daughter the Mario Kart bundle.

Jtnguyen12 11-17-05 06:41 PM

get the mario kart bundle.......soon nintendo will re-release nintendogs bestfriend separate.

Eric D. 11-17-05 07:02 PM

Mario Kart bundle for sure.

rayw69 11-17-05 08:15 PM

Mario-Kart, since you are saving an extra $5 in theory, if you are going to buy both games. Of course, if color of DS is important, then it is pink/teal vs red. You also won't get a box with the game that is bundled, so that might be a consideration if you are the collector type.

Demontooth 11-17-05 08:16 PM

Right now Meijer has the Nintendogs bundle for $129, but I want the Mario Kart bundle. I'm buying the hype

Gizmo 11-17-05 08:45 PM

Do you want to play Mario Kart or Nintendogs? Easy choice.

fumanstan 11-17-05 08:59 PM

Nintendogs is the reason I want to buy a DS :)

AllHallowsEve 11-17-05 09:03 PM

Both actually. Bought the teal and will also buy the red.

Good for multiplayer which I do use.

Outlaw 11-17-05 10:48 PM

the red color is awesome. My sister imported the red one from japan and if the color is the same it's pretty sweet.

Also it comes with Mario Kart :).

Josh H 11-17-05 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Do you want to play Mario Kart or Nintendogs? Easy choice.

And if you want both, then decide whether you want pink/teal or red.

Eric D. 11-17-05 11:16 PM

I don't get why people own multiple systems. Did you buy them for family, firends, or what?

dcswirl 11-17-05 11:31 PM

Go with Mario Kart, although if I didn't already own a DS, I would be all over that Meijer deal.

AllHallowsEve 11-17-05 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Eric D.
I don't get why people own multiple systems. Did you buy them for family, firends, or what?

Personally

Strictly for Multiplayer use which gets used heavily around here. We also don't own any consoles until next generation.

We don't buy many games at all (only hit must haves) and really only own the systems. We own only 2 DS games right now (Mario Kart DS and Nintendogs) Most items when time is allowed are rent only.

So, it still really isnt that ridiculous in cost overall. The titles we do have are mostly sold off as completely to avoid losing money and because 90% of the time, the game will never be played again.

asianxcore 11-17-05 11:44 PM

Mario Kart bundle.

AllHallowsEve 11-17-05 11:46 PM

Anyways, I should say.

If I could only have one, I would choose Mario Kart Bundle. Though I like the Nintendogs one and that comes in a close 2nd.

Eric D. 11-18-05 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by AllHallowsEve
Personally

Strictly for Multiplayer use which gets used heavily around here. We also don't own any consoles until next generation.

We don't buy many games at all (only hit must haves) and really only own the systems. We own only 2 DS games right now (Mario Kart DS and Nintendogs) Most items when time is allowed are rent only.

So, it still really isnt that ridiculous in cost overall. The titles we do have are mostly sold off as completely to avoid losing money and because 90% of the time, the game will never be played again.

That makes perfect sense. I just thought people were buying multiple versions because they wanted different colors to pick from.

gimmepilotwings 11-18-05 07:55 AM

I say Nintendogs bundle EASILY. You can pick it up for $129.99 add the $20 more dollars you would spend for the MK bundle and you are getting Nintendogs for around $5-15 depending on how much you can purchase MK for alone.

goLUCKY 11-18-05 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
I say Nintendogs bundle EASILY. You can pick it up for $129.99 add the $20 more dollars you would spend for the MK bundle and you are getting Nintendogs for around $5-15 depending on how much you can purchase MK for alone.

Who's selling the nintendogs bundle for 129.99?

gimmepilotwings 11-18-05 11:12 AM

I have seen it at my Fry's electronics, Fry's marketplace (food store), it has also been spotted at Meijers as stated above.

rennervision 11-18-05 01:25 PM

:up: Thanks Demontooth for the Meijer tip. I just ran over there and bought one behind a mother who bought two for her sons. I thought about waiting for the Mario Kart bundle, but I'm probably just going to get Burnout Legends instead.

By the way, Meijer is not selling the pink DS/Nintendogs bundle. It's basically the silver DS with your choice of any of the three Nintendogs for free. Very nice deal!

Struz 11-18-05 03:34 PM

I'm not near any Meijers.
I tried BB and Target, they were both sold out of any DS bundle.
My kids both want the Nintendo Dogs bundle (one blue and one pick).

Does anyone have them online ?

Also, how is the bundle packaged ?
Do all the components come in their own boxes or is the whole thing in a clear plastic package ?

goLUCKY 11-18-05 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Struz
I'm not near any Meijers.
I tried BB and Target, they were both sold out of any DS bundle.
My kids both want the Nintendo Dogs bundle (one blue and one pick).

Does anyone have them online ?

Also, how is the bundle packaged ?
Do all the components come in their own boxes or is the whole thing in a clear plastic package ?

I Think that Toy R Us is the only place to get the pink bundle.
Is there a Fry's near you? They just got in a bunch of the blue bundles.

darkside 11-18-05 04:18 PM

The pink DS bundle has vanished pretty quickly from stores around here, but the teal is easy to find. Personally I would get the Mario Kart DS bundle and I think that is the one my son is getting for Christmas depending on his grades.

raydeen10 11-18-05 04:57 PM

Thanks for all the input I appreciate it. I went with the Nintendogs bundle from Meijer to good a deal to pass up. Again thanks for posting the info on that deal...