Old 10-31-05, 02:30 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
James Bond: From Russia With Love

Any reviews on this title yet?
Old 10-31-05, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts
I dunno. It looks very reminicent of Everything Or Nothing. If so, that'd be sweet.
Old 10-31-05, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just found this review at IGN: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/662/662042p1.html
Old 10-31-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts
Originally Posted by RocShemp
Just found this review at IGN: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/662/662042p1.html
Great, except that "P" in front of the word "reviews" isn't silent, but rather an indication that this article is an advance look at the game, not a comprehesive review. Got that?

edit : OK their review IS up at IGN, but the link is actually here. Score = 7.9.

Here's their Closing Comments:

From Russia With Love is a good game, but it's not enough of a leap above its predecessor, James Bond Everything or Nothing, to give it a higher score. In fact, one and a half years later, Russia seems like a healthy update at best, but neither a significant nor a stunning one. Instead, it like a good status quo game that does everything well enough, but nothing is striking about it. Specifically, the game is a little short the first time through (but yes, there is good replayability). The aiming reticule's role should be broadened for more exploration and creativity in beating a level. The RPG elements are great; I love them. But I want more more upgrades for my weapons. Also, the game and the bosses are predicable and easy.

When we look back on it the levels in EON bordered on great. In comparison, some of Russia's missions are longer, but generally they're average in design and effect. In EON, there were cliff-jumping levels, tanks, and all sorts of racing levels that were better than these. In Russia, we've got less variety in the vehicle department and some really unimpressive boat levels. Nothing beats that one EON motorcycle mission, which was one of the best motorcycle racing missions I've ever been on. The driving here is really run of the mill. The cars aren't all that fast or handle that well. And the shooting parts are good, but nothing better or more creative than EON. Plus, in an age that demands the co-op component, EA switches from EON's co-op to Russia's multiplayer? Huh? Seems strange to me.

So, for hardcore gamers, From Russia With Love, on all systems, is a good rental. It's a good piece of videogame entertainment that knows its place. It's not Half-Life 2, and it's not GoldenEye: Rogue Agent either. It's just pretty good. For casual gamers and big-time James Bond aficionados Russia is worth your while. And for the record, it's easily the second best Bond game EA has made.

Sorry to give you a hard time. Don't know what happened with your link

Last edited by Decker; 10-31-05 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-03-05, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Meh. I goofed is all. Still, thanks for posting the correct link.
Old 06-09-06, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Just finished this
Fun game, like the classic style and Connery
Not as fun as EON, but i think it stands tall in the Bond game catalogue (Which i think i have played everyone for the PS2)
Old 06-09-06, 06:47 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I rented it back when it first came out, and enjoyed it. It was really easy and relatively fun. I think that Everything or Nothing was a lot better though - it's definitely the best EA Bond game, by far.
Old 06-09-06, 02:22 PM
MSA

I picked this up for 9.99 at Circuit City two weeks ago. I haven't played it yet. I'm hoping it will be an enjoyable game.
Old 06-16-06, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also picked this up at Circuit City (or a price match...) It is a pretty fun game, especially for a ten-spot...