Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

X-Men Legends 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-05, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
X-Men Legends 2

So I've had this game for a couple of weeks now. It's pretty good. Nice solid beat-em-up action with a tiny bit of RPG sensibility sprinkled on top. It's pretty much a check your brain at the door kind of game.

Sadly the story in this game hasn't done anything for me. The first games story wasn't mind blowing, but the way it had you "meeting" the X-Men was kind of cool. This games story is kinda blah, but who knows maybe it will get better? Not holding my breath though.

The Barbie Doll aspect of the game is hella cool! I don't know what it says about my manhood, but I've been in deep thought trying to decide which outfits I was going to go fight evil in. Really glad to see them include so many different looks from the various era's.

The main reason for this post though was to ask any others who are playing this game if you find it to be too easy? I was playing in the first section of the game and never died once. Went to go start a new game on hard and noticed you have to beat the game on normal mode first to access this. WHAT?!? That was lame, so three sections later and I still haven't ran into any serious trouble. I might of lost a team member or two to some dumb mistake (not checking health or falling down a hole) but not really from the challenge of the game. I can switch to characters I never ever use and still have no problem getting through an objective. An early boss in the last game was Toad and he was harder than anything I've faced in this game. Since I don't see myself playing through this again (after gaining the option of a hard level of play) this is really a let down.

My team (case anyone cares to know) is Juggernaut(my favorite), Magneto, Wolverine, and Storm/Jean Grey/Sunfire on alt.

Last edited by boredsilly; 10-10-05 at 07:13 AM.
Old 10-09-05, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being in the 3rd Act now, Gambit can litterally run through the level at like 180% movement speed, one/two hit kill everything, and it's almost challenge-less. Sad really.
Old 10-09-05, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm, I have this pre-ordered for PSP, since I wanted something to play on there.....very few good games. Hopefully it "ports" over well
Old 10-10-05, 12:24 AM
Cool New Member

Game is fairly easy even though Im still in the Savage Lands. Haven't had any of my characters died except from falling off the cliff (I tried flying with Wolverine after the game hinted on how to fly!). I stopped playing this game for awhile though because I was getting bored of it, though. I hope that last part of your(Boredsilly's) post wasn't a spoiler though!
Old 10-10-05, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Great game! I liked that it has the one feature I wish was in the original and that's to start a new game with your powered-up characters. Like others have said, it is too easy though. I thought even Apocalypse must present a challenge but, sadly, no.
Old 10-10-05, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I checked and there aren't any spoilers that I can see rojkai. If you were talking about "Storm/Jean Grey/Sunfire on alt." that I just meant I switch any one of those three in as the fourth member of my team. They don't fuse together or anything.

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
Great game! I liked that it has the one feature I wish was in the original and that's to start a new game with your powered-up characters. Like others have said, it is too easy though. I thought even Apocalypse must present a challenge but, sadly, no.
See I really wanted that last go round too. I hated that you only had Colossus for a short period of time in the game and couldn't go back and play from the start with him. However with the game being so easy, if I ever do play through this again, I can't see using my already maxed out characters as it was just become uber easy then. Unless the hard mode is on some out of this world difficulty tip.
Old 10-10-05, 12:50 PM
Cool New Member

Whoops, my mistake. I misread your post. I thought you had hinted that Toad would be the character Destiny spoke of in her visions after you save her in the savage lands.
Old 10-10-05, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by rojkai
Game is fairly easy even though Im still in the Savage Lands. Haven't had any of my characters died except from falling off the cliff (I tried flying with Wolverine after the game hinted on how to fly!). I stopped playing this game for awhile though because I was getting bored of it, though. I hope that last part of your(Boredsilly's) post wasn't a spoiler though!

Trying to fly with Wolvie is just classic, seriously, that's hilarious.
Old 10-10-05, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by lordwow
Being in the 3rd Act now, Gambit can litterally run through the level at like 180% movement speed, one/two hit kill everything, and it's almost challenge-less. Sad really.
It sounds about on par with the first one. Jean Grey and Storm can just run around and use their area effect abilities and cleared rooms in seconds.
Old 10-12-05, 04:10 AM

It's odd but cool at the same time. You can unlock and play as Iron Man.
Old 10-12-05, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My team:

Old 10-12-05, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I will say the Danger Room missions do get challenging. I still "like" the game, and love the X-men, but I can't wait to play the game on "Hard" to see if it's actually "hard"
Old 10-13-05, 05:17 AM

I go 'old school' - Cyclops, Phoenix/Jean Grey, Iceman, Magneto.
Old 10-13-05, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lordwow
I will say the Danger Room missions do get challenging. I still "like" the game, and love the X-men, but I can't wait to play the game on "Hard" to see if it's actually "hard"
Really? I'll have to check them out then as I kind of ignored them in the first game. I got pissed that I didn't get all the discs so just said the hell with it. Of course I don't have all the discs now either...hooray for back tracking!
Old 10-13-05, 05:45 PM

What characters are available to to play? I see Wolverine, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Rogue, Gambit, Juggernaut, Sunfire!, Iceman, Magneto mentioned above. Any others? Cool about being able to unlock and play Iron Man. He is one of my favorite superheroes of all time.
Old 10-14-05, 05:14 AM

Heaps. There's also Bishop, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Toad, Pyro, Xavier (unlockable), Deadpool (unlockable), Sabretooth, Scarlet Witch and Storm.
Old 10-14-05, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
I was going to finish Xmen Legends 1 before starting up on this, but finally gave in...

Do only certain power combinations give you combos now? In the first game, it seemed like if I spammed my players' powers together, they would combo every time. Now it seems like only certain ones do. Maybe my timing is just off...

Man, how many games is Ironman in now? Marvel vs. Capcom, ironman/XO, Avengers, Tony Hawk, Imperfects, and this game?
Old 10-14-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Doesn't the PSP have some exclusive stuff too for the game? I have it pre-ordered for it....since I have about 2-3 "good" games for it, I'm hoping this is too
Old 10-14-05, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Psp exclusives are Cable and X-man. From what I understand, Cable is pretty much a clone of Bishop as far as gameplay is concerned.
Old 10-14-05, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
Heaps. There's also Bishop, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Toad, Pyro, Xavier (unlockable), Deadpool (unlockable), Sabretooth, Scarlet Witch and Storm.
Scarlet Witch, cool! No Quicksilver or Blob?
Old 10-14-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Polaris and Quicksilver have been kidnapped, so they're not playable. Blob has a cameo.

Pyro and Sabretooth are PC-only clones of Sunfire and Wolverine.
Old 10-15-05, 09:46 AM

My team: Juggernaut, Wolverine, Iceman, and Storm/Rogue/Colossus
Old 10-17-05, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My Team has been: Gambit, Iceman, Cyclops, Magneto/Storm
Old 10-20-05, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone pick up the PSP version? I have it on pre-order at GameRush, but they did not have it yet....I'm seriously considering cancelling it, since I can use that credit towards a 360 game.
Old 10-20-05, 01:36 PM

Can you play Beast? He's pretty much the suckiest character in Legends I but I have a soft spot for him. I am replaying Legends I using him as my main guy for the fun of it and after getting used to using him, he's becoming surprisenly effective.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.