DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   which classics collection would you want next? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/437474-classics-collection-would-you-want-next.html)

deadpool24 09-10-05 02:32 PM

which classics collection would you want next?

i want to see on the next midway treasures with a sports theme, nba jam, hangtime, showtime, blitz, etc. a konami classics with castlevanias and contras. sega with games that were on the master system and genesis.

lordzeppelin 09-10-05 02:35 PM

I think you just about nailed it.

I'd love to see a classic EA disc, with all the games from the Genesis from 90-97

Gizmo 09-10-05 03:29 PM

I would love to see a 'Treasure' Collection, as in the people who mae Gunstar Heroes, Cool Spor (right?), and a few other classic titles.

xboxundone 09-10-05 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin

I'd love to see a classic EA disc, with all the games from the Genesis from 90-97

I agree completely!

OldBoy 09-10-05 04:29 PM

anything with "Tecmo Bowl", "RBI 1 and 2", and "Bionic Commando" (i know this one is coming out with the Capcom, but i have cube and no cube game!

Goldberg74 09-10-05 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by deadpool24
a konami classics with castlevanias and contras

:up: :up: :down: :down: <- -> <- -> B A :hungry:

outer-edge 09-10-05 06:15 PM

I loved a Castlevania/Contra collection (they did one for the PC), but for a GBA.

I would love to see arcade collections as well. Games I've wanted rereleases of for a long time include X-Men (Konami), Simpsons (Capcom I think) and D&D (also Capcom I think).

DRG 09-11-05 12:07 PM

So far the old school (1984 and earlier) coin-op collections have been covered extensively with Namco, Atari, Williams/Midway, and Konami collections. But there are still plenty of companies that have been unrepresented.

I'd love to see an early Sega collection (Zaxxon, Super Zaxxon, Turbo, Star Trek - if they could get licensing rights, Congo Bongo, Bank Panic, Monster Bash, Space Fury, Eliminator, etc.). So far the collections have centered around the Genesis era coin-ops.

A Data East collection would also be cool. Burger Time, Bump 'n' Jump, Karate Champ, Tag Team Wrestling, Karnov, Bad Dudes, Breakthru, Side Pocket, Heavy Barrel, etc.

I'm not even sure who owns the rights to some of these, but there are many smaller companies from the early 80s that could have collections or be combined for collections.

Stern: Berzerk, Frenzy, Pooyan...
Universal: Mr. Do, Do Run Run, Mr. Do's Castle, Mr. Do's Wild Ride, lady Bug, Space Panic...
Exidy: Mouse Trap, Venture, Carnival, Crossbow...

Spiderbite 09-11-05 02:17 PM

I mentioned this in the Namco thread but I would like to see an Ultimate Pac-Man compiliation. Everything from the original to the horrible Atari 2600 version. Include Super Pac-Man, Pac-Man Jr., (with new digital pinball interface), etc.

I would love to see a Mario collection as well (which was mentioned in a thread of its own) but I would like to see it released to other systems (which will never happen unless Nintendo gets out of the hardware business).

A Star Wars Arcade collection would be nice (and even include old console games as well).

I would also like to see some really good Pinball collections released. The recent Pinball Hall Of Fame is a decent but too small a start. I would like to see a lot more recent Pinball machines released (80's and up...Gun's and Roses, Terminator, Simpsons, South Park, Star Wars, Earthquake...I could go on and on). Those never get old for me.

dcswirl 09-11-05 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I would love to see a 'Treasure' Collection, as in the people who mae Gunstar Heroes, Cool Spor (right?), and a few other classic titles.

This would definitely be good.

Chris_D 09-11-05 07:07 PM

Streets of Rage collection (1-3). Also Phantasy Star collection for a home console (not gba) being sure to include IV.

Ralph Wiggum 09-11-05 07:10 PM

I'd like to see a proper U.S. release of Dracula X.

DrunkLastKnight 09-11-05 10:57 PM

Dragon Quest series
Seiken Densetsu series

I hear a Shining Force Collection is on Way

Zelda collection would be nice

Puzznic 09-11-05 11:12 PM

I want to see collections with online support for the old games. Like for Nintendo's next system, a collection that lets you play the original Super Mario Kart, Tetris Attack, and others over their online network.

Drexl 09-12-05 06:21 AM

I'd like to see one with all of the Strike games for Genesis/SNES and PlayStation. How many were there? Five? Desert, Jungle, Urban, Soviet, and Nuclear, right?

DJ_Longfellow 09-12-05 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin

They couldn't use REAL players though, could they? I think there would be some licensing issue....maybe not

Chris_D 09-12-05 08:25 PM

Shining Force would be awesome as I never really got to play those games.

Doctor Gonzo 12-08-09 12:28 AM

Re: which classics collection would you want next?

Data East Arcade Classics for Wii coming 1-12-10 !!!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA280_.jpg

Unlock multiple rewards by achieving 75 different goals. Earn Music Soundtracks, Gallery Items, Classic Arcade Marquees and Bezels, and much more.
Link your high scores to your Mii characters
Save, load and pause the game at any point during play; no quarters required!
Supports the Wii Remote, Wii Remote with Nunchuk, Classic Controller and GameCube controller
Team up with or play against your friends in any game¿they¿re all two player in addition to single player

Product Description
This classic collection from Data East lets you relive some of the greatest arcade games of all-time. From shooters to sports, puzzle and twitch action games, this compilation of arcade hits offers nostalgic appeal and full multiplayer support at a terrific value. Includes 15 classic arcade games: - BurgerTime - Peter Pepper’s Ice Cream Factory (The rare sequel to Burger Time) - Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja - Burnin’ Rubber - Caveman Ninja - Crude Buster - Express Raider - Heavy Barrel - Lock ‘n’ Chase - Magical Drop III - Secret Agent - Side Pocket - Street Hoop - Super Real Darwin - Wizard Fire

Michael Corvin 12-08-09 07:03 AM

Nice bump.

I'll toss my nomination in:

Capcom/Disney collection :: Duck Tales, Chip N Dale, Tale Spin, etc.

Rare collection :: RC Pro Am (I & II), Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, Battletoads, Killer Instinct & the Banjo games

Wolf359 12-08-09 09:18 AM

Wow.... Heavy Barrell! :drool:

May just get a Wii for this. Wonder if they will be exact arcade reproductions?

JediMindTricks 12-08-09 09:26 AM

double dragon? :D

slop101 12-08-09 10:16 AM

SNK/Neo-Geo Collection 2!

Doctor Gonzo 12-08-09 07:12 PM

All those titles listed on the upcoming Data East for Wii bring back lots of fond memories except Express Raider -

I can't ever remember seeing that game anywhere, was it one of those rarely seen arcade games? Anybody ever play this? How was it?

PopcornTreeCt 12-08-09 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 9877600)
Capcom/Disney collection :: Duck Tales, Chip N Dale, Tale Spin, etc.

I loved those games. I enjoyed Darkwing Duck the most.

JasonF 12-08-09 07:39 PM

I'd love an Original EA Collection with the games they released back in the days of the Apple II, the Atari 800, and the Commodore 64. Stuff like M.U.L.E., Archon, Seven Cities of Gold, and Mail Order Monsters.