Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Damm ! September is an Awesome month for XBOX releases !

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-05, 04:27 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Platform: Xbox
Release Date: 9/6/2005

The next Rainbow Six game will build on the ingredients that have made the Rainbow Six franchise a runaway success, and will introduce new multiplayer elements that inject a vitality and depth into an ... more

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NHL 2K6
Release Date: 9/6/2005

The champion of video game hockey is back! NHL 2K6 continues its legacy as the #1 rated and now #1 selling NHL game with more control, more emotion and more detail than ever before. Take command of ta ... more

Scooby-Doo! Unmasked
Release Date: 9/12/2005

In this action adventure platform game, players will assume the role of Scooby-Doo as he and the teenage sleuths of Mystery Inc. visit Fred's cousin Jed, a monster movie set designer. They'll find Jed ... more

Burnout Revenge
Release Date: 9/13/2005

Burnout Revenge lets gamers rip through rush hour traffic and lay waste to scores of rubbernecking roadhogs in an over-the-top scene of vehicular mayhem. The game is currently in development by Criter ... more

NHL 06

Score like a superstar with NHL 06. Express your shooting style with the all-new EA SPORTS™ Skill Stick and light the lamp with highlight reel moves such as spinoramas, toe drags, bat-ins, and between ... more

Evil Dead Regeneration

Evil Dead Regeneration follows Ash, the lone survivor of a camp discovering the Necronomicon -- the wholly evil book of the dead. Thought to have murdered his companions, Ash is arrested, convicted of ... more

Dynasty Warriors 5

Dynasty Warriors 5 takes players back in time to an ancient land governed by chaos, and the mightiest warriors in history fight for control of the Chinese empire. ... more

SnoCross2: Featuring Blair Morgan

Keep racing and never lose sight of your dream to become the world's best SnoCross Champion! You will have to race, win and buy the ultimate snowmobile and advance your way to the top! Speed through o ... more

Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes

Microsoft announced today that it will distribute the next saga of the epic action-strategy game Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes exclusively for Xbox® in late summer 2005. A continuation of the highly accl ... more

World Series of Poker

As the officially-licensed video game of the World Series of Poker (WSOP), this is the only video game that allows players the same intensity, excitement and authenticity of pulling up a chair at the ... more

Tecmo Classic Arcade

Tecmo Classic Arcade will bring back the original football favorite, Tecmo Bowl™, along with a slew of other classic arcade Tecmo titles this Summer for Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. Tecmo® ... more

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Release Date: 9/19/2005

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks is an Action/Adventure title that will help to expand the already wildly popular Mortal Kombat universe well beyond the fighting genre ... more

Tak: The Great Juju Challenge
Release Date: 9/19/2005

The top teams from across the world have come to compete in the Great Juju Challenge. Representing the Pupanunu Tribe are Tak and Lok who will face great adversity in the form of Jujus, wild animals, ... more

Indigo Prophecy
Release Date: 9/20/2005

In Indigo Prophecy, New York City is stunned by a series of mysterious murders, all following the same pattern: ordinary people are killing absolute strangers in public areas. Lucas Kane becomes anot ... more

Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects

An epic war has struck the Marvel universe….and its outcome is in your hands! Marvel Nemesis: Rise the Imperfects™ delivers the most authentic and cinematic Super Hero fighting experience ever seen in ... more

X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse

The sequel to the best-selling X-Men title ever, X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse is an all new action-RPG that lets players create, customize and control teams of four mutants from ... more

Ninja Gaiden BLACK

Ninja Gaiden, the commercial and critically acclaimed cut and slash action game, took the action genre by storm with its unique and innovative game play, killer story and mind-blowing graphics. Now ga ... more

Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships

Experience the most realistic horse racing simulation ever created and the only game officially licensed by the NTRA, featuring the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships (Breeders' Cup). With ... more

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

“Strong wind in my face… Smooth swing… People are watching... I don’t want to shank it.” Earning the prestigious title of #1 Golfer of All Time can be a nerve racking process and it’s exactly what ga ... more

Stargate SG-1: The Alliance
Release Date: 9/22/2005

Stargate SG-1: The Alliance is based on one of the most successful Science Fiction TV shows ever, Stargate SG-1, which is into its 8th series and now has started production on series 9. Breathtaking 3 ... more

The Suffering: Ties That Bind
Release Date: 9/26/2005

Suffering: Ties That Bind is a revolutionary action-horror game that emphasizes the disturbing terror of its predecessor, with all-new twisted creatures and a few familiar faces. Set in the slums and ... more

Midway Arcade Treasures 3

Midway Arcade Treasures 3 delivers 8 of your all-time favorite, classic racing games to next-generation consoles, many for the first time, including smash hits S.T.U.N. Runner, Hydro Thunder, Super Of ... more

Ultimate Spider-Man

Take on the role of the world's most famous Super Hero, Marvel's Spider-Man, and one of his most menacing nemeses, Venom, in an original storyline written and illustrated by the creative team behind t ... more

NBA 2K6

NBA 2K6 hits the hardwood with all the ingredients necessary to continue its reign as the #1 rated pro basketball game*. Achieve NBA superstar status with the new 24/7 mode, where created players now ... more

NBA Live 06

Be an NBA superstar and own the court in NBA LIVE 06, which captures the emotion and intensity of the complete basketball experience like no other pro hoops simulation on the market.

T ... more

FIFA Soccer 06

The long running FIFA Soccer series returns. ... more

Far Cry Instincts
Release Date: 9/27/2005

Just as Far Cry redefined the FPS genre on the PC, Far Cry Instincts will introduce wide open environments and unique, immersive gameplay elements that are destined to become the definition of surviva ... more

Cold War

Cold War follows the story of a freelance journalist who finds himself in the midst of an international conspiracy that aims to control the U.S.S.R. Twelve hours after arrival in Moscow for a routine ... more

Sniper Elite

The game is set in Berlin 1945 during the final advance of the Soviet army and is based upon actual historic events. Sniper Elite sees the player take the role of an elite sniper recruited by the Amer ... more

Worms 4: Mayhem

The Worms series recently diversified with Worms Forts Under Siege, a tactical RTS-like spin-off created for Sega. However, Worms 4: Mayhem is a return to the series' trademark gameplay and sees Team ... more

Total Overdose

The year is 1989 and deep in the sweltering heat of the Mayan jungle, camouflaged among the Inca ruins, Ernesto Cruz catches his breath for a few moments and admires his handiwork, bodies strewn acros ... more

Frogger: Ancient Shadow

Frogger: Ancient Shadow is a beautiful 3D action platformer that merges the traditional Frogger "hop-ndodge" gameplay with platforming elements for an exciting new challenge. Gamers join Frogger at hi ... more

Capcom Classics Collection

Capcom Classics Collection is a blast-from-the-past compilation that reintroduces more than 20 unforgettable classic Capcom titles which cannot be found anywhere in one location. Delivering the ground ... more

Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

The game takes its cue from the content and plot of "Curse of the Were-Rabbit" movie, and features a rich cast of non-player characters for the player to experience, set in a full realisation of Walla ... more
Old 08-28-05, 04:28 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
For me

Xmen Legends 2
Ultimate Spiderman
Marvel Rise of the Imperfects
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks
Burnout revenge
World series of poker
Old 08-28-05, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
X-Men Legends 2 is looking pretty damn good!
Old 08-28-05, 05:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stargate SG-1: The Alliance
Release Date: 9/22/2005

Stargate SG-1: The Alliance is based on one of the most successful Science Fiction TV shows ever, Stargate SG-1, which is into its 8th series and now has started production on series 9. Breathtaking 3 ... more
I thought this was cancelled?
Old 08-28-05, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
I just finished The Suffering so I'm excited about the sequel.
Old 08-28-05, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
I thought this was cancelled?
On indefinite hold. Probably to make it for the next gen systems.
Old 08-28-05, 08:13 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Is it fair to think of these new releases as rush releases to get them out before the 360? Could this make them pretty buggy?
Old 08-28-05, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only 3 games catch me eyes

Kingdom Under Fire 2
Tecmo Arcade classics
Ninja Gaiden Black
Old 08-28-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Indigo Prophecy

In Indigo Prophecy, New York City is stunned by a series of mysterious murders, all following the same pattern: ordinary people are killing absolute strangers in public areas. Lucas Kane becomes anot ... more
This is the one I'm most looking forward to. After playing the demo...wow.
Old 08-28-05, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NHL 2K6 and NBA 2K6.

At least I can enjoy some 2K sports games this year...
Old 08-28-05, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sure are a lot of releases that month, but nothing that I have to get (at full price); let's hope some turn out to be good.
Old 08-28-05, 10:04 AM
Retired

I see nothing there other than maybe Capcom Classics depending what games are on it.

At least I just picked up KOTOR2 so I can finally brush the dust of my X-box.
Old 08-28-05, 10:14 AM

Preordered:
Rainbow Six:Lockdown
Ninja Gaiden Black
X-Men Legends II
Ultimate Spider-man
Far Cry:Instincts

Picking up:
Midway Arcade 3
Capcom Classics

Interested in:
Burnout Revenge
MK:Shaolin Monks
Kingdom Under Fire:Heros
Suffering:Ties That Bind
Sniper Elite
Marvel Nemesis

Yes, this will be an expensive month......
Old 08-28-05, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It'll be X-men legends, Marvel Rise of the Imperfects, Ultimate Spiderman and Burnout Revenge.
Old 08-28-05, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nothing for me.
Old 08-28-05, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

burnout revenge will be sick, gotta have it
Old 08-28-05, 01:08 PM

You're correct! September is one sweet month for gaming on the XBOX! Can't wait!

Rainbow Six:Lockdown
Ninja Gaiden Black
X-Men Legends II
Ultimate Spider-man

Last edited by Get Me Coffee; 08-28-05 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-28-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Really interested in the Kingdom Under Fire and X-Men Legends sequels.
Old 08-28-05, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Already have Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships pre-ordered.Will probably get the Suffering sequel at some point,but i haven't even gotten around to picking up the first one yet.
Old 08-28-05, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Burnout and NBA2k6 for me.
Old 08-28-05, 02:57 PM

NBA 2K6 is a must buy for me, I hope the new control and lead-passing works well. Go Spurs. Burnout and Far Cry I may pick up after a price drop. I'm going to get Ultimate Spiderman for the Gamecube (better controller-Wavebird).
Old 08-28-05, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have pre-ordered:
Rainbow Six:LD
Far Cry
Burnout

Will probably get:
NHL (not sure which one)
NBA (not sure which one)
X-Men Legends II (have it pre-ordered for PSP (since they have nothing out...I wanted something new))
Old 08-28-05, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
I have a friend who writes for the Offical Playstation magazine and played the new Burnout a few months ago in England.

She was a huge fan of the third one and did not think it could be topped - but she said it has been by the new one. I'll probably pick it up (and X-Men Legends II as well.)
Old 08-28-05, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
At least I just picked up KOTOR2 so I can finally brush the dust of my X-box.

Geez after the news about Zelda, that dust is getting thick on my GC.
Old 08-28-05, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really want to pick up Burnout but I think I will just rent it and wait for the 360 version.

There are a few other games I am interested in but only as rentals.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.