DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Picked up Incredible Hulk today. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/435450-picked-up-incredible-hulk-today.html)

Spicollidriver1 08-24-05 09:17 PM

Picked up Incredible Hulk today.

This game is tons of fun I've been playing 2 hours now, and I love it. Most people thought when they played Spiderman 2 that this is how it should of been all along, and I feel the same way about Hulk. Target has this for regular price but you get a 10 gift card also, and it is definitly worth it. More later

Adam Tyner 08-24-05 09:20 PM

Apparently it's on sale next week at Circuit City for $39.99 as a straight discount. I'm definitely intrigued by the reviews, so I might have to grab this next week.

lawyer goodwill 08-24-05 09:37 PM

Picked it up today, too. Although I had briefly played the Hulk demo, I was feelin' a little buyer's remorse immediately following my purchase (been awhile since I bought a full-priced game). When I actually put the puppy into my machine at home, though, it immediately delivered the goods. Nothing beats jumping all over creation and smashing stuff, real good-like! Hulk Smash! :thumbsup:

nickdawgy 08-24-05 09:55 PM

I might pick this up tomorrow as well.

Spicollidriver1 08-24-05 11:12 PM

Once you purchase all the moves with smash points it becomes even more fun. The sonic clap is swwwweeeeet. If I didn't stop myself I would of played this all night. It might seem easy at first, but the missions get harder. Might I also add there is very good voiceover work.

Fincher Fan 08-24-05 11:58 PM

This isn't released here until Sept. 8 but then I'll be picking it up for sure.

Xploited 08-25-05 05:21 AM

I love the ability to create your own mini-games... I was walking around the city grabbing trees and poles and then doing golf swings on people and cars. I also grabbed the Gas station's huge DIESEL ball and kept playing bowling with the cars. Hilarious!

Get Me Coffee 08-25-05 06:11 AM

I played the first two missions last night, and was impressed. I haven't had this much fun destorying everything since BlastCorp on the N64 ;) This might be the first perfect superhero game to date.

DJ_Longfellow 08-25-05 07:13 AM

Yep, seems like all positive reviews thus far.....I'll at least have to rent it or pick it up when it's cheap.

gorgo99 08-25-05 10:17 AM

So, did they eliminate the boring Dr. Banner missions? That's what killed the last Hulk game for me. The demo of this one was pretty cool, though.

bahgee 08-25-05 12:05 PM

Is there any difference between the GC/PS2/Xbox versions?

fujishig 08-25-05 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by gorgo99
So, did they eliminate the boring Dr. Banner missions? That's what killed the last Hulk game for me. The demo of this one was pretty cool, though.

The EGM review mentioned that they kept Dr. Banner where he belonged... in the cutscenes. Dang, I wasn't planning to pick this title up, especially after picking up Advance Wars DS and Nintendogs this week already, but I'm getting tempted...

Get Me Coffee 08-25-05 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by bahgee
Is there any difference between the GC/PS2/Xbox versions?

The Xbox version blows GC and PS2 out of the water. XB offers HDTV 720p :D

lawyer goodwill 08-25-05 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by gorgo99

Yup, getting rid of those Banner missions is a real plus. In the first game, it was frustrating and almost comical how a Banner mission would end right when you were transforming into the Hulk ... because of course, nobody would like to take out the baddies after they spotted you/shot at you. :rolleyes:

Spicollidriver1 08-25-05 06:01 PM

Banner is the narrator basically voiced by Neal McDonough (sp?) from boomtown and Minority Report. Also "evil hulk" is Richard Moll from Night Court. I have passed the city and need to start the Badlands missions. You are right about making your own games, and I think the designers had the same idea because there is a challenge mission were you use the giant blue blowup genie(?) as a hang glider.

gorgo99 08-26-05 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Spicollidriver1
there is a challenge mission were you use the giant blue blowup genie(?) as a hang glider.

LOL! Now I KNOW I've got to get that! That sounds even more fun than killing people with the big purple dildo in GTA San Andreas!

Michael Allred 08-26-05 09:07 PM

Ok,

1) Is there some trick to beating Mercy?
2) Just where in the hell are you supposed to enter the cheat codes you unlock? Maybe I'm dumb but I can't find the "extras" menu.

Spicollidriver1 08-26-05 10:27 PM

The extras is when you pick exit back to main menu.

fujishig 08-27-05 11:05 AM

Picked this up at Fry's yesterday. All three versions are advertised for 34.99, though when I went yesterday they had a tag on the PS2 version for 29.99 (still bought the Xbox version for 5 bucks more).

jk4w 08-27-05 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Apparently it's on sale next week at Circuit City for $39.99 as a straight discount. I'm definitely intrigued by the reviews, so I might have to grab this next week.

So this sale starts on 8/28/05 ?
I want to get it today but I guess that i could wait for the sale.

lawyer goodwill 08-27-05 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Spicollidriver1
The extras is when you pick exit back to main menu.

Ya, select the right tab back at the main menu. I just found the cheat input myself.

Adam Tyner 08-27-05 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by jk4w
So this sale starts on 8/28/05 ?

According to the posts on cheapassgamer.com, yeah.

Original Desmond 08-28-05 03:18 AM

Awesome game, loads of fun, easy to get into, i just love smashing things

I love grabbing the humans and throwing them at the helicopters :D

SpacemanSpiff 08-28-05 12:46 PM

cool game :)

Mr. Cinema 08-29-05 03:46 PM

I'm getting this as a birthday present next weekend. I can't wait to smash!