DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Recommend some PS2 games similiar to God Of War/Devil May Cry/Rachet & Clank. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/433175-recommend-some-ps2-games-similiar-god-war-devil-may-cry-rachet-clank.html)

animalmystic 08-05-05 02:24 PM

Recommend some PS2 games similiar to God Of War/Devil May Cry/Rachet & Clank.

I need some help finding some PS2 games similiar to God Of War/Devil May Cry/Rachet & Clank, that type of gameplay. Pretty much non-stop adventure, fighting type with power-ups ect, you guys know what I am getting at, no PRG's.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

zero 08-05-05 03:25 PM

Games like DMC and God of War hmm,

try...

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Devil May Cry 3 (part 2 well, sucked)
Its not supernatural but Dead to Rights (the first one) isnt a bad game.

As far as Ratchet is concerned try

Jak and Daxter trilogy
Sly Cooper 1 & 2
Maximo VS The Army of Zin
Klonoa 2

PixyJunket 08-05-05 03:26 PM

Maximo is hot.

~~ PAL ~~ 08-05-05 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Maximo is hot.

For a good challenge, try playing through the original Maximo and hold all 19 of the power-ups... (There are actually 21, but you can only actively hold 19 at a time. If you die, you'll lose all power-ups not locked in the belt.)

brkhrt7 08-05-05 04:32 PM

Rygar was pretty cool

msdmoney 08-05-05 04:33 PM

Rygar seems much like God of War, and can often be found pretty cheap

animalmystic 08-05-05 04:35 PM

These are great suggestions, thanks all much, appreciated!!

PixyJunket 08-05-05 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
For a good challenge, try playing through the original Maximo and hold all 19 of the power-ups... (There are actually 21, but you can only actively hold 19 at a time. If you die, you'll lose all power-ups not locked in the belt.)

I actually had planned to do this at some point. Really it would just be a matter of saving after each level and resetting if death happens to pay a visit. Great game, I love it. Sequel is pretty good too. I was shocked to find out it was made in the good ol' USA!

Maryang Palad 08-05-05 06:57 PM

Try Jak II and Jak 3.

glassdragon 08-05-05 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~

Challenge? what's this you say? I can't even get past the 4th part of the first level the game is so damn hard. A challenge is just finishing the game.

kgrogers1979 08-06-05 06:54 AM

Onimusha 1-3
Psi Ops

Those games are very action-packed, and you can upgrade weapons, armor, powers, etc.