DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Xbox Hd (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/426667-xbox-hd.html)

slcsnkman 06-13-05 03:35 PM

Xbox Hd

Does anyone here play XBOX on an HDTV?

nemein 06-13-05 03:43 PM

When it allows me to I do ;) There's a problem w/ some HDTVs and the Xbox not working correctly in 480 mode :(

Edison 06-13-05 03:48 PM

I do.? My box is hooked up to my Samsung 30" 16:9 television.

slcsnkman 06-13-05 04:04 PM

OK..I have a question. I have 2 component hook ups. 1 for the HD receiver and 1 for the DVD player..leaving out the XBOX. Should I hook the xbox to the 2nd comp. hookup and find a dvd player with HDMI capability?

gimmepilotwings 06-13-05 04:50 PM

get a new TV! :)

Spiderbite 06-13-05 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by nemein
When it allows me to I do ;) There's a problem w/ some HDTVs and the Xbox not working correctly in 480 mode :(

I have played on my HDTV since Xbox's launch and had never had one problem. What brand of HDTV do you own?

Slcsnkman, I would but that is just me. Why have an machine that supports 480p and higher and not use it if you have the TV for it? I have a limited amount of component inputs and since my dvd player didn't have HDMI or DVI at the time (and my TV HD doesn't have those hook-ups anyway), I bought a component input switcher & never had a problem.

slcsnkman 06-13-05 05:04 PM

IM a dork..lol

I have a mitsubishi 55513 So I have 2 components and one like this Pr/R /Pb/B /Y/G (DTV).

slcsnkman 06-13-05 05:05 PM

Widescreen integarted HD

Edison 06-13-05 05:32 PM

The specs I found <A HREF="http://mitsubishitv.com/common/getfile.asp?uuid=%7BE482D575-B53F-4F39-B9AE-DBB3987C841E%7D">here</A> show your tv has 3 component inputs. Since your HD tuner is built-in you should have a free set of inputs, I also note that all the inputs are 480i/480p/1080i so it shouldn't make a difference which set you plug into. It doesn't look like your tv supports 720p so you won't want to turn that on in the Xbox settings, it also looks like all 480i is upconverted to 480p so you shouldn't have any problems with the dash.

gimmepilotwings 06-13-05 05:39 PM

I have the same TV and it does have 3 component outs. I have the HD receiver, DVD player, and XBOX all hooked up at the same time.

slcsnkman 06-13-05 05:45 PM

You guys have been great..Thank you so much for the time, effort and explanantions

nemein 06-13-05 06:06 PM

I have played on my HDTV since Xbox's launch and had never had one problem. What brand of HDTV do you own?
It's a Sony, if you do a search there's a thread around here somewhere about it w/ a link to a thread on the Xbox forums about the same problem.

Anyway back to the original post, the other option would be to get a reciever A/V switch that supports component as well.

Spiderbite 06-13-05 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by nemein
It's a Sony, if you do a search there's a thread around here somewhere about it w/ a link to a thread on the Xbox forums about the same problem.

Ironic that Sony gives you a problem with using an Xbox. :lol:

nemein 06-13-05 08:08 PM

That's what I first thought too ;) but other people have reported problems w/ other TVs as well

Xploited 06-13-05 08:58 PM

I figured I'd tack this one on here. I own a HDTV, XBOX, DVD player, and a Logitech Speaker system. Is there a way to get the speaker system to work with both the XBOX and DVD player yet keeping the HD support with the High Definition cables on the XBOX?

Spiderbite 06-13-05 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Xploited
I figured I'd tack this one on here. I own a HDTV, XBOX, DVD player, and a Logitech Speaker system. Is there a way to get the speaker system to work with both the XBOX and DVD player yet keeping the HD support with the High Definition cables on the XBOX?

Yeah, use an audio receiver.