Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

I'm addicted to Animal Crossing again

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-05, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I'm addicted to Animal Crossing again

With the upcoming DS release I decided to break out Animal Crossing again after what turns out to be an almost 3 year hiatus. Man was my town just overrun by weeds. So I decided to grab another memory card and start an entirely new town. I forgot how addictive this game is. I have been fishing, and travelling, and digging, and chopping all over again. I never did get the perfect town before so I'm working on that now along with finding all the items. It has been easier to get bells since I just made my old character give me all his cash. And having 2 Nook stores means I usually can find whatever I need and buy twice as many flowers for planting, and get twice as many tickets for raffles.

If anyone wants to start playing for the first time let me know because I would be willing to send you some items if you wanted or we could trade. The only thing I hope for the new one is that it doesn't take 500 years to travel to another town or to your island like this one. I love you Kapp'n, but row that friggin boat a little faster.
Old 05-10-05, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I play it every 3 or 4 months a very cool and addicting game. I just hope the DS version has all the classic NES games. That is what keeps me coming back since I've collected everything else I wanted.
Old 05-11-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of the best games I've ever played. I'll never play it or any derivative of it ever again.
Old 05-11-05, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
One of the best games I've ever played. I'll never play it or any derivative of it ever again.
Me no understand. Why not?
Old 05-11-05, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DARTH GAMER
Me no understand. Why not?
I have absolutely no recognition of about two months of my life from 2003. I don't want that to happen again.
Old 05-11-05, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have absolutely no recognition of about two months of my life from 2003. I don't want that to happen again.

I know what you mean...not with this game but I have experienced it with a couple of other games I've played.

I've never played Animal Crossing before but everyone that I've talked to had lots of fun with it. So, I'm going to see if I can score a copy off ebay for relatively cheap.
Old 05-11-05, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't imagine how addicted I would be if I had other people in the house to play with. That's the only thing that's saving me right now.
Old 05-11-05, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I can't imagine how addicted I would be if I had other people in the house to play with. That's the only thing that's saving me right now.
Oh God, I had my girlfriend, my best friend, his roommate, his roommates girlfriend, my roommate, the neighbor and two girls I knew on the internet all in on it. It was.. bad. Seriously, we'd be out drinking or something on Saturday night and then realize we all had to go back to my place to get new songs from the KK Dog. Yeah, it was bad.
Old 05-11-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah as bad as this thing was on the Cube I can only imagine how bad an online version will be. This game could really take your life over.
Old 05-11-05, 01:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Will my wife divorce me?
Old 05-11-05, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
I'll never forget damn Mr. Reseti. That was some dirty programming on Nintendo's part. Genious...but dirty.
Old 05-11-05, 01:23 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This is one game I'm shocked they haven't even announced a sequel for.
Old 05-11-05, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have a bad feeling that once the DS version comes out I'm going to be doing nothing at work all day but play the game under my desk.
Old 05-11-05, 01:26 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
I still haven't been able to get the Mario Bros NES ecard. That's the only NES game I don't have, since I purchased the cheat disc that gave me Super Mario Bros, the first Zelda, Punchout, and Ice Climber and also located the hard to find codes for games like Donkey Kong JR and Donkey Kong 3. I must have picked up 20 Series 4 cards to try to get Mario Bros without any luck. I even bid up the occasional copies I see on Ebay, I can't get myself to pay too much for it, although, really, I could just turn around put it back on Ebay after I scan the game in.
Old 05-11-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Have you tried trading for it? I used to trade at animalcrossingcommunity.com --it's been ages since I've been though. I need to finish my sets. If everything weren't packed up for our move next weekend, I'd see if I had an extra (though I don't think so).
Old 05-11-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, I just accessed my account there. I don't have N02 Mario Bros yet either! I'm missing 19 cards to complete the entire 4 series set and that's one of them.
Old 05-11-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
But the DS version online. [Homer voice]Harrrrrggggh....[/Homer voice]

Did Nintendo cancel their plans for AC2 for the GameCube?
Old 05-11-05, 08:19 PM

Oh God, I had my girlfriend, my best friend, his roommate, his roommates girlfriend, my roommate, the neighbor and two girls I knew on the internet all in on it. It was.. bad. Seriously, we'd be out drinking or something on Saturday night and then realize we all had to go back to my place to get new songs from the KK Dog. Yeah, it was bad.
HAHAHAHHA!!

I did exactly that too. I was out with some friends bowling on a saturday night and then by chance I looked at my watched and realized what time it was. I was like "sorry I'll be back in like 10 minutes."

good times. man that was awesome.
Old 05-12-05, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Animal Crossing is absolutely addicting. I'm scared to see what would happen if they came out with AC2.
Old 05-12-05, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
I had a lot of fun with the game... but then my wife began time shifting to make up for missed days. And ultimately when I didn't play for a while, she stole all the stuff from my house and sold it in an effort to get her statue... grr.

That does get me thinking about how the online part is going to work... it'd be great if it synchronized the clock so that people couldn't cheat, but then if you go to someone's village in, say, Japan, would it be night when it's daytime at your place?

I've given up hope on AC2 in this gen, even though it seems like a no-brainer. My wife always asks me about it, but I haven't even heard a hint of development info from Japan... has anyone?
Old 05-12-05, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah for all the damn typing on that dumb keyboard they expected you to do, I'm surprised they never made your character have a password.