DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The Soul burns again! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/415617-soul-burns-again.html)

Dragon Fly 03-24-05 12:47 PM

The Soul burns again!

Looks like Soul Calibur III is on the horizon already. Sweet! Unfortunately it looks like it's a PS 2 exclusive? WTF?
Soul Calibur III

jeffdsmith 03-24-05 01:34 PM

Apparently the fact that SC2 sold the best on Gamecube scared Sony into buying the exclusive rights, at least for a little while... :confused:

asianxcore 03-24-05 01:44 PM

that is kind of lame that it will be a PS2 exclusive only. the gamecube version was definitely my favorite out of all the SC2's.

tek2k 03-24-05 01:59 PM

wah wah wah
nice excuse jeff, did you pull it out of your ass? :lol:

Mikael79 03-24-05 02:06 PM

While I have all three consoles (and can just buy the PS2 version), I really would have liked to have an Xbox version with Xbox Live. :(

Dragon Fly 03-24-05 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mikael79
While I have all three consoles (and can just buy the PS2 version), I really would have liked to have an Xbox version with Xbox Live. :(

I hear that, that's the main thing I was hoping for with SC3. Hopefully, maybe this will change given time.

Joe Molotov 03-24-05 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by tek2k
wah wah wah

The GameCube version did sell the best, so what other reason would there be? :confused: Sony obviously ponied up the cash to keep the other consoles from getting it.

squidget 03-24-05 04:25 PM

NNNNNNOOOOOOO
My soul burns with rage!!
Granted, I have all 3 consoles but the ps2 is the least played. I was hoping it would go multi so I can get it on the xbox for its pretty pretty progressive scan picture. mmmm.

I'll still buy it though - I'm sucha SC whore. *whimper*

Dragon Fly 03-24-05 04:46 PM

I personally just hate the controller. The only reason the GC version sold the best was because of Link. Honestly who really wants to play as heichii?

squidget 03-24-05 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
I personally just hate the controller. The only reason the GC version sold the best was because of Link. Honestly who really wants to play as heichii?

who?

;)

outer-edge 03-24-05 05:30 PM

This could always be a temp thing as well, like a six month exclusivity. So, we may still see other versions, including Xbox 2.

Dragon Fly 03-24-05 05:59 PM

On the rumor sections in the newest EGM (with Jade Empire on the cover) they mention Xbox, PS 2, GC and Xbox 2 this year for SC3 with an exclusive character on each console again. That's just a rumor, but usually those in EGM turn out to be true i've noticed.

PixyJunket 03-24-05 06:07 PM

I call 50 Cent as the exclusive on Xbox.

Baron Of Hell 03-24-05 06:27 PM

They are going to have to pull something big out of their buts for me to buy SC3 on whatever system. The last one was a bit of a let down, it was a good game but it didn't really add anything and didn't have as many etras. Heck I still think the first one was the best in the series.

Bring on the King of Iron Fist I say.

jeffdsmith 03-24-05 06:36 PM

wah wah wah

I'm sorry, I didn't see you down there; I didn't mean to pull it out of your mouth like that. Glad you are still able to laugh. http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/i...ns/thumbup.gif

Gallant Pig 03-24-05 07:19 PM

wah wah wah

<b>tek24

This type of posting behavior isn't welcome in this forum. Tone it down a few notches.

Thanks

Gallant Pig, Moderator
</b>

Dragon Fly 03-24-05 08:48 PM

Think how cool it could be.
Xbox - Master Chief
GC - Samus
PS 2 - Kratos (God of War)

Something about seeing Master Chief sticky Ivy gives me a warm and fuzzy.

boredsilly 03-24-05 10:06 PM

Think how cool it could be.
Xbox - Master Chief
GC - Samus
PS 2 - Kratos (God of War)

Something about seeing Master Chief sticky Ivy gives me a warm and fuzzy.

You sir, make a whole lot of sense. Especially since MC could weild that Vibroblade looking thing in Halo 2. I would say you could sub Kratos for Dante (Devil May Cry) but he already made a guessed in Viewtiful Joe 2.

eta: I was reading about this in gamepro (what? it was free) and they were saying how Soul Calibur 2 was a let down. Maybe I'm going crazy but I remember people going crazy for it when it came out. Was that just hype?

jeffdsmith 03-24-05 10:26 PM

If the MC was in SC3 wouldn't Namco have to pay MS for his use? I'm sure Spawn is much cheaper to come by.

Dragon Fly 03-24-05 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
If the MC was in SC3 wouldn't Namco have to pay MS for his use? I'm sure Spawn is much cheaper to come by.

They probably would, but honestly who would be cheaper to buy rights for Link or MC? It's just a Japanese thing. Sony is hotter in Japan than Microsoft so that's why the Xbox isn't getting any love. I bet MS would do the rights for MC for cheaper than you'd imagine if it meant they could sell more software and possible hardware.

It's apparent that the last go around Link sucked up most of the budget, cause honestly who truly cares about Spawn? Come on, let's see those hands.....

jeffdsmith 03-24-05 10:55 PM

They probably would, but honestly who would be cheaper to buy rights for Link or MC? It's just a Japanese thing. Sony is hotter in Japan than Microsoft so that's why the Xbox isn't getting any love. I bet MS would do the rights for MC for cheaper than you'd imagine if it meant they could sell more software and possible hardware.

It's apparent that the last go around Link sucked up most of the budget, cause honestly who truly cares about Spawn? Come on, let's see those hands.....

As I understand it Namco received Link for "free" be developing Starfox with Nintendo. It was a trade type of action in which Nintendo continued to beef up its image while getting a game and Namco got in a two of Nintendo's popular franchises.

Dragon Fly 03-24-05 11:15 PM

Oh really? I never heard that. That's a pretty smart way to handle it I suppose.

I'm just bummin I'll have to use the PS 2 controller for the series I love. I hold hope that one day there will be a Live version and possibly a Namco vs Capcom 2D fighting game. When I dream, I dream big, what can I say?

sureAV421 03-24-05 11:47 PM

anyone get SC2 for GameCube? I'm curious as to how good it controls, as the GC controller is quite odd.