Reload this Page >

Anyone have Mercenaries?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Anyone have Mercenaries?

Old 03-14-05, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have Mercenaries?

I am playing it and I can't figure out how to save my game and keep my vehicle. I am still early in the game and getting a tank or a helicoptor is a big deal right now. But when I save, then load the save, I no longer have my tank/helicopter and I am nowhere near where I was when I saved. Is there like a garage, or a hanger, or somewhere I can park the vehicals I want to keep (kinda like GTA3)?
Old 03-15-05, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
No, that's why you can just order vehicles when needed.
Old 03-15-05, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ah... darn. Oh well. I guess I'll have to play more so I can order tanks. Although it does seem kind of dumb that you order a tank, pay for it, and then lose it when you load a saved game and have to pay for it again.... oh well, it's just a video game. Thanks for the confirmation.
Old 03-15-05, 07:37 AM

It seemed like a shame at first but you get used to it. Especially since you can order vehicles and often find certain vehicles at the same place (like that there are a pair of helicopters in the South Korean base that are great) so you'll get used to getting what you want even if you can't pull it out of your garage.
Old 03-15-05, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where in the south Korean base aer the helecopters? I am driving all over th eplace ( I am in Kaesong, Im assuming that's the SK base seeing as thats where their flag is on the map) but I don't see any helecopters
Old 03-15-05, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Maybe it's the SK base on the second map? I don't remember. I know there is a chopper outside the UN base on the first map.
Old 03-15-05, 11:10 AM

It's not at the South Korean HQ. If you're in the middle of the map, head northeast as if you're headed up to that North Korean fortress or whatever they call it. On the way, the road goes next to a restricted area (just before you get to a place where SK & NK are always fighting. That restricted area is a SK base and they have a sweet helicopter. They also have missiles that will be shot at you once you enter so try to hijack a SK vehicle (so the gate will open) and just head straight for the choppers. The other trick is to knock down the fence closest to the choppers and enter that way.

Enjoy.
Old 03-15-05, 11:10 AM

Oh, and it's definitely on the first map (I hadn't mentioned it before because the post said it was at the beginning of the game).
Old 03-15-05, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well I found the helicopter that is sitting near the (I believe its the) 4 of Diamonds, and I took that, and I flew it to the restricted SK faction area (the one with the NK troops sitting up on the hill next to it) and I flew around there but didn't see any helicopters. Maybe I have to be furthur in the game for them to be there.
Old 03-15-05, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I usually just hijack a helicopter from the NK's. Fire a couple of rounds at them to get their attention and then tap Y (on Xbox) like an SOB top hijack it.
Old 03-15-05, 02:21 PM
RVP

I think when you get towards the end of the second suit the attack copter apears at the NK base mentioned above
Old 03-15-05, 02:36 PM

Just don't go looking for the codes. I was having a blast playing it for a few weeks, then I got a magazine that had invincibility, unlimited $ and ammo and all items in the black market shop codes, and I couldn't resist- they ruined the game for me. It's too hard to go back to dying and having no money and not being able to select any weapon or vehicle. Cheats suck.
Old 03-15-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Just don't go looking for the codes. I was having a blast playing it for a few weeks, then I got a magazine that had invincibility, unlimited $ and ammo and all items in the black market shop codes, and I couldn't resist- they ruined the game for me. It's too hard to go back to dying and having no money and not being able to select any weapon or vehicle. Cheats suck.
I've resisted so far - I absolutely love this game. But that said, there are some missions that are f'ing tough!! For me, getting the Jack of Diamonds was a b!tch - I hate time limits in games!!
Old 03-15-05, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 250 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by warcp
When I finally picked up GTA pack for Xbox, I almost finished the game with no cheats before I finally got into another game. At that point though I did play for a couple hours with the tank cheat. That was pretty fun barricading yourself in with 20 tanks. I didn't use it to beat any missions though, just to screw around.

I'm looking forward to picking this game up when the price drops.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 03-15-05 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-15-05, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ya, I found the cheats. I didn't want to, basicly I was look ing for the Bounty reward items. I tried the cheats (got mode, all the items, etc) and I only played it for like 10 minutes. I saved it right before I entered the codes because I had no intention on keeping the codes active. I just wanted to see what kind of stuff I had to look forward to
Old 03-22-05, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, how do you beat the Ace of Spades? I've tried everything outside of cheating, and I keep getting killed. Attack choppers seem to come out of everywhere along with tanks. AGGGHHHH!!!! I'm to the point where I'm annoyed. Also, does anything special happen once you beat the game?
Old 03-22-05, 03:50 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Ok, how do you beat the Ace of Spades? I've tried everything outside of cheating, and I keep getting killed. Attack choppers seem to come out of everywhere along with tanks. AGGGHHHH!!!! I'm to the point where I'm annoyed. Also, does anything special happen once you beat the game?
Have lots of money on hand, you are going to need boo-koo air strikes, bunker busters (to keep tanks from coming out) air superiority for choppers, carpet bombs for general destruction.

Also for your hand weapons, have an anti tank gun and an anti air for your other gun, forget a machine gun. Use gernades too they are everywhere

For me the end was farily easy, I would move along a little bit, use a carpet bomb destroy everything, move along a bit, carpet bomb, making sure nothing was in my way, worked ok for me.
Old 04-10-05, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
The first time I tried the Ace, I got lucky and hijacked a MI-35 right after the prison so I was able to fly up to the base and started wandering around blowing up walls with C-4 before getting killed.

The second time I stole a MD-500 on the launch pad a little further up but basically got stuck the same way.

I haven't been able to make it all the way up the hill on the road yet. Naturally the MoM site is out of stock for MD-500's on this level. I've tried stealth with a stolen jeep/brdm/etc. but there are too many spots with officers and tanks.

I'd say this is probably the most frustrating level by far. If it would only let you "continue" from the prison it might not be so bad, but starting from the beginning of the island really sucks.

I gotta say for special forces, the spades have been pushovers compared to some of the lower guys -- one of them was just the person and nobody else -- not one single bodyguard.
Old 04-23-05, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got an e-mail that said the
Spoiler:
5 of diamonds
is north of
Spoiler:
the "Black Gate"
Which I am assuming is the
Spoiler:
NK Fortress Gate
However, North of that is in the red area and as soon as I walk over there I get killed. How do we gain access to the red areas?