Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Whats with the lack of XBOX Download Content???

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-05, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only own one game that I have gotten to download something new (other than fixes) and it was just 2 new cars for Rallisport Challenge 2, nothing for Tiger Woods or Halo 2 , what gives
Old 03-10-05, 09:41 PM
Mod Emeritus

I wouldn't expect EA to give anything. I think PGR had some downloablable content. Halo 2 it's just a matter of time, it's still a fairly new game.
Old 03-10-05, 09:49 PM
Banned

i want my damn halo 2 DLC
Old 03-10-05, 11:13 PM

Only thing I'm hoping to download for halo 2 is the hang em high map from the first. Though I really thought there would be content available for download much sooner.
Old 03-11-05, 10:38 AM
RVP

Just a heads up. New maps, skins, and weapons came out for Ghost Recon 2 on Monday. The DL is free.
Old 03-11-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No love for OutRun 2, eh Sega?
Old 03-11-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
How about some more crash courses for Burnout 3?

I always kinda figured d/l content was more of a marketing ploy to get people to buy live than an actual living/breating service.
Old 03-11-05, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
Yeah, once a game has been out for a while, what incentive is there for companies to put out free content, except for the rare cases where there is a subscription fee (like for a MMORPG or something)?
Old 03-11-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It is a marketing tactic, but not just to consumers. MS is capable of inticing developers by saying they can patch and sell additional content latter after a game is released. Only problem is they are finding that there arn't enough people willing to pay for more content. So why make it?
Old 03-11-05, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gallant Pig
I wouldn't expect EA to give anything. I think PGR had some downloablable content. Halo 2 it's just a matter of time, it's still a fairly new game.
Fairly new game? Its been out sence November! All the bugs have been known sence two weeks into the game on live. Bungie is fucking the dog on this one, and it is killing the game. Seems that no matter what level you are now you run into people who cheat. Before you only had to worry about it on higher levels, but now I have people doing them to me on training games.

Sad thing is I have to spend time looking up how to do them so that I can combat them. With people hiding outside the map in the bomb games, and such.... ARGH... just thinking about it pisses me off. Yea, I know that they said that the fixes will be there at the end of the month, but it will still have been 5 months that the game has been broken. I have never played a game that had so many people willing to cheat, and a game creator who just did not give a damn about it.

Ok, that is the end of my rant for now.
Old 03-11-05, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by tjr2mental
I have never played a game that had so many people willing to cheat, and a game creator who just did not give a damn about it.
Well to be fair I'm betting the majority are like you. Get abused a few too many times and then are forced to learn the cheats so that they can combat the cheaters when it happens. The flag through the wall is the best example, b/c it is easy to learn. Bungie doesn't consider it cheating but to my friends and I we feel otherwise. We only do if the other team initiates it. Whether they score or not. If they pull up under the base in the warthog on Coagulation and swipe the flag from below, all bets are off. We aren't going to just sit there and have our stats blown b/c of some guys that can't win any other way. We are forced into a corner and end up doing it(well trying it since we aren't as proficient at it).
Old 03-11-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tjr2mental
I have never played a game that had so many people willing to cheat, and a game creator who just did not give a damn about it.
Hello, and welcome to online gaming!
Old 03-11-05, 01:59 PM

Its not like it is my first online game. I played Battlefield Vietnam, Medal of Honor, and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and I never, and I mean never ran into people who cheated. Yea, I have logged alot of hours on Halo 2, more then any game before save Wolfenstein:ET, but damn... I am willing to bet that every 3rd or 4th game I have people either glitching out of the map, pressing their standby button on the modem, or doing a clone of themself.
Old 03-11-05, 02:51 PM

KOTOR (the first one) had some downloadable content, and Ninja Gaiden had some really cool stuff as well.

Halo 2 will really set the bar in terms of DLC for X-Box.
Old 03-11-05, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Yes, it will be SO nice when Bungie FINALLY puts out the DC and all the people who have spent time playing the game as cheaters will be FUCKED!
Old 03-11-05, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Halo content is supposed to be coming this month or next month per EGM. There will be new maps and game types.
Old 03-11-05, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
No love for OutRun 2, eh Sega?
Unfortunately, the game doesn't support DLC.