Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Anyone play Star Fox Assault yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-05, 05:59 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Anyone play Star Fox Assault yet?

Anyone? The game was released yesterday to BlockBuster and HollyWood Video as a rental, and will not be offered up for sale for another 2 weeks.
Old 02-02-05, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Anyone? The game was released yesterday to BlockBuster and HollyWood Video as a rental, and will not be offered up for sale for another 2 weeks.
Ok game...nothing great. It's fun shooting everything in sight. My only problem with the game is that it's SHORT! I'm talking 2 days and its done short. The game needed more meat ;( It's fun to rent....I wouldn't suggest buying it.
Old 02-02-05, 06:24 PM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts
Good to know. I was going to buy when it came out, but I'll wait for it to hit the $20 Player's Choice Title bin.
Old 02-02-05, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Get Me Coffee
Ok game...nothing great. It's fun shooting everything in sight. My only problem with the game is that it's SHORT! I'm talking 2 days and its done short. The game needed more meat ;( It's fun to rent....I wouldn't suggest buying it.
Could you explain to me opening sequence? I know this is strangely anal, but what is the first thing Fox says?

Last edited by jeffdsmith; 02-02-05 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-02-05, 06:28 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
The first thing Fox says?

"Slippy.... I am your father"
Old 02-02-05, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
Could you explain to me opening sequence? I know this is strangely anal, but what is the first thing Fox says?
First you see a battle..Then Team Starfox flag ship hyper jumps in ...Fox says, "Team Starfox ready for duty and jeffdsmith is a nuff herder." Think that was it But my copy is back at blockbuster so I can't re-check...But I think that was it...yea Nuff herder.

Also it's nothing about being "strangely anal", it's about YOU being sinister about seeing whether or not I played the game. This will be the last time I'll ever reply to a comment such as this from YOU.

FYI I beat it on Silver 4-5 hours...

Last edited by Get Me Coffee; 02-02-05 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-02-05, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It doesn't quite have the "panache" of the N64 version nor the personality. The game is also way too easy and way too short. Control, gameplay, etc etc is all top notch though, and the framerate is pretty good even though the graphic look poor for a GC game.
Old 02-02-05, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Superboy
It doesn't quite have the "panache" of the N64 version nor the personality. The game is also way too easy and way too short. Control, gameplay, etc etc is all top notch though, and the framerate is pretty good even though the graphic look poor for a GC game.

What about the voice action ???

You got to admit it was fun to play.

Last edited by Get Me Coffee; 02-02-05 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-02-05, 09:22 PM

First you see a battle..Then Team Starfox flag ship hyper jumps in ...Fox says, "Team Starfox ready for duty and jeffdsmith is a nuff herder." Think that was it But my copy is back at blockbuster so I can't re-check...But I think that was it...yea Nuff herder.

Also it's nothing about being "strangely anal", it's about YOU being sinister about seeing whether or not I played the game. This will be the last time I'll ever reply to a comment such as this from YOU.

FYI I beat it on Silver 4-5 hours...

Actually, the fact is StarFox64 was my second favorite game of that generation. I was/am particularly infatuated with the ablity to pull off real-time story sequences and voices (the only N64 game to do so, perhaps PS1 as well). That was my reason for asking.

The fact that you chose not to answer the question suggests you have not played the game, but frankly I don't give a damn. Seriously, why do you think I would care if you played it or not?

So to those that have played the game and know, (Superboy?) what is the opening sequence and what does Fox first say? I've been searching for a transcript from the game, but there is none as of yet.
Old 02-02-05, 10:02 PM

So to those that have played the game and know, (Superboy?) what is the opening sequence and what does Fox first say? I've been searching for a transcript from the game, but there is none as of yet.

I told you "Team Star fox ready for duty"
Old 02-02-05, 10:08 PM

I told you "Team Star fox ready for duty"
Excellant, so they stuck with the traditional opening line. Does anyone know how much Shiggy had to do with this incarnation?
Old 02-02-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hm, didnt really pay attention to most of the voices. I didn't like the N64 voice work and didn't really care for it this time.
Old 02-02-05, 10:55 PM

Didn't the N64 voice work sound like the adults in Peanuts? I don't remember.
Old 02-02-05, 11:15 PM

Didn't the N64 voice work sound like the adults in Peanuts? I don't remember.
No it was full on voice "acting", thats what made the game so amazing to me at the time. (In addition to the realtime narrative sequences). You are thinking of the first starfox for the SNES.
Old 02-03-05, 06:54 AM

Hey Jeffdsmith, go over to Gameinformer.com, They have the whole opening movie and first level up to watch. Get Me Coffee was right, it is "Team Starfox, Ready for Duty".
Old 02-03-05, 08:14 AM

I think the only place to get this game right now is Blockbuster.....
Old 02-03-05, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Star Fox 64 is probably my girlfriend's favorite game. Her birthday is in 2 weeks. Excellent.
Old 02-03-05, 09:59 AM

What Namco classic NES games are playable? Are any open from the get go?
Old 02-03-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
There are classic NES games in there?

I used to be the biggest star fox fan. Every since I first saw it at a demo in Sears. But I have just about zero interest in this. I will probably pick it up when it hits $20.
Old 02-03-05, 12:02 PM
Retired

Star Fox games have always been short. But have decent replay value trying to get medals etc. Still, I'll wait for the bargain bin as well on this as I have to much on my docket as well with Metroid Prime 2, Zelda: Minish Cap and all the first party DS games coming out soon.
Old 02-03-05, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Star Fox games have always been short. But have decent replay value trying to get medals etc. Still, I'll wait for the bargain bin as well on this as I have to much on my docket as well with Metroid Prime 2, Zelda: Minish Cap and all the first party DS games coming out soon.
Metroid Prime 2! Now that game took awhile. I think I beat the game in like 25 hours...fun game to explore with logs and such.
Old 02-03-05, 12:54 PM
Retired

Yeah, and I'm only 7 hours or so in, only managing to fit in an hour or two a week on it right now.
Old 02-03-05, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
is it too much to hope this game is going to be like Star Fox 64? I loved that game when I first got it and was hoping they would come out with a Star Fox game like that one.
Old 02-03-05, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by asianxcore
is it too much to hope this game is going to be like Star Fox 64? I loved that game when I first got it and was hoping they would come out with a Star Fox game like that one.
It's very much like SF64 to me. A few of the ground battles were lame...think the third one was bad.
Old 02-03-05, 04:04 PM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts
I think the only place to get this game right now is Blockbuster.....
I was there an hour ago, and mine doesn't have it yet.

So I rented 'Friday Night Lights'.

The movie not the game.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.