Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Cancelling Xbox Live, Worse than cancelling AOL!!! (not really)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Cancelling Xbox Live, Worse than cancelling AOL!!! (not really)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-05, 01:46 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Well, an easy way I found... cancel your credit card or request a new one with a new number. I just got lucky and my time was up for a new card, and it had a different number than the one I used on Live. I got emails for about 3 months from Xbox Live saying they were trying to charge my card but can't get it to go through. Persistent bastards. No dealing with MS this way. You might be able to tell your CC company to refuse any charges from MS or Xbox also.
Same here. I got a letter yesterday telling me they couldn't charge my card (It was a pre-paid $5 one).
Old 02-05-05, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Same here. I got a letter yesterday telling me they couldn't charge my card (It was a pre-paid $5 one).
I did the same. Then you get the letters marked "Urgent!" and the emails leeches
I think they finally gave up on me.
Old 02-05-05, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called and cancelled a couple months ago. The free game they offer at the time were Rallisport Challenge 2, Crimson Skies, or Counter-Strike. My "excuse" to them was that I couldn't afford the $50 a year fee and would rather use the money on games. That's how I was offered a game.
Old 02-06-05, 01:40 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When i called, the guy asked why i wanted to cancel and i told him because i didnt want to play halo 2 online anymore. He told me they had plenty of other good online games. After another no he offered a game. Once again i said no. Then 2 games. Same answer. After a third no for three games i asked him if i could have an XBOX. He said no then offered me 5 games. I ended up sayijng no cause i already had most of the games.
Old 02-06-05, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cancelling for me was pretty easy since the check card I used had expired and the new one was a different number. They emailed me 5 times and sent me a letter in the mail about 3 or 4 times asking me to update my credit information. Seeing as how I haven't even turned on my X-Box in a year or so, other than one night I played ESPN football with a friend, I'm really in no rush. >