DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   SFIII fans, prepare to be amazed (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/407750-sfiii-fans-prepare-amazed.html)

ElementZ 01-31-05 11:15 PM

SFIII fans, prepare to be amazed

This is an amazing video from a SFIII Tournament. I didn't even think this was possible. Check this out

Link

MasterofDVD 01-31-05 11:20 PM

I'm not even a huge SF fan, liked it back then but haven't played any for ages, but that video is pretty impressive. The fans in that room lost all control. Video game geeks at their best and worst. :)

ElementZ 01-31-05 11:23 PM

Thats my favorite part, the crowd went nuts. If you never played the game, you don't know how hard it is to parry. He did it against chun li (very fast) and with no life left

indy2029 02-01-05 01:52 AM

Wow....That's mastery of a game. Man... I don't even know the last time I mastered a game!

Maxflier 02-01-05 08:47 AM

Man,that was INSANE.I bow down to that guys mastery of SF.

WepaMan 02-01-05 12:12 PM

The description is a bit off.

This was not the championship game of the tournament, it was actually the finals for the loser's bracket. The winner went on to lose in the winner's bracket finals.

Still an amazing video.

SpacemanSpiff 02-01-05 08:43 PM

i guess thats cool
reminds me of the trailer for zelda and the fan boys screaming oh my god oh my god (kinda)

sfsdfd 02-01-05 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
i guess thats cool
reminds me of the trailer for zelda and the fan boys screaming oh my god oh my god (kinda)

Or the Halo 2 demo, from six ago - pathetic geekboy overexuberance.

The Zelda and Halo 2 demo videos were just pre-pubescent (hopefully) stupid glee. Their ridiculosity stemmed from the fact that they were pre-rendered videos. They weren't stunning or surprising or dramatic - they were pre-scripted and pre-packaged. At most, you can say, "Wow, nice graphics" or "that looks really neat, I can't wait to play it."

The SFIII thing was akin to a sporting event. Seeing someone pull off an amazing, unplanned feat under considerable challenge and huge pressure (and in front of a large audience) is grounds for cheering. I think it's pretty neat, actually.

- David Stein

SuprVgeta 02-02-05 04:54 AM

haha, "And the crowd goes nuts, [Dicky V] What a primetime comeback baby!!! [/Dicky V]." That's seriously pretty dang funny to get a crowd reaction like that, it was an impressive comeback by the player controlling Ken though.

fumanstan 02-02-05 09:12 AM

Haven't really played much Street Fighter in years, but that was impressive.

goLUCKY 02-02-05 09:52 AM

Wow, just wow.

Trigger 02-02-05 12:28 PM

cool... he was good at blocking.

Noonan 02-02-05 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Trigger
cool... he was good at blocking.

That wasn't blocking, it was parrying. If he had just been blocking, he would have died cause it takes off some life. Parrying keeps you from losing life, and is very hard to time. Doing it 14 times in a row like that is near impossible.

Rubix 02-05-05 02:39 AM

i am actually surprised the way this webpage describes the multi-parrying as "nearly impossible" because many of the best sf2/alpha players were doing stuff like this only a few months after the original sf3 came out. it's still a really impressive comeback though and after the 14 ground parries he actually jumped up and parried the final high kick (for 15 total) in the air so he could land in time to get the first hit to chain into a super combo.

jrobinson 02-05-05 02:54 AM

damn. I thought you were referring to Shining Force III.

boredsilly 02-05-05 06:14 PM

That was damn cool. The audience reaction is great.

Outlaw 02-05-05 06:29 PM

This video is ancient, and it's been posted here before and argued about. But it still is a good watch.

Trigger 02-05-05 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by noonan4224
That wasn't blocking, it was parrying. If he had just been blocking, he would have died cause it takes off some life. Parrying keeps you from losing life, and is very hard to time. Doing it 14 times in a row like that is near impossible.

that's what I meant... hope I didn't lose my nerd scouts street fighter badge. ;)