Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Gamecube: Little Mac in Fight Night 2 + Super Punch Out!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-05, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Electronic Arts announced the GameCube version of Fight Night Round 2 will have two exclusive features not found in the other versions. The game will have a bonus SNES classic game Super Punch-Out!!, as well as an exclusive playable character Little Mac from Super Punch-Out!!.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0501/game050125g.shtml
Old 01-26-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Sold.

I'm liking these EA and Nintendo crossovers more and more. I played the heck out of Punchout on Animal Crossing I would by Fight Night just to play Super Punch Out, but I also like the EA boxing games so it is a no brainer either way.
Old 01-26-05, 07:05 PM
Retired

Awesome. Best crossover bonus yet by far.
Old 01-26-05, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little Mac looks fucking creepy in 3D.
Old 01-26-05, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls

Agreed, he looks sort of crazy, maybe one too many blows to the head
Old 01-26-05, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
He does look creepy....

Little Mac with long hair

Old 01-27-05, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This a great bonus! EA should throw in a 3D Mario referee.
Old 01-27-05, 08:21 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts
Originally Posted by darkside
Sold.

I'm liking these EA and Nintendo crossovers more and more. I played the heck out of Punchout on Animal Crossing I would by Fight Night just to play Super Punch Out, but I also like the EA boxing games so it is a no brainer either way.
you can get Punchout from Animal Crossing? do you have to finish the game first? oh what i wouldn't give to have this on the cube!!
as well as Super Punchout...will that be an unlockable after winning?
Old 01-27-05, 09:20 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
That's pretty cool.
Old 01-27-05, 10:05 PM

Super Punchout is supposedly playable from the get go in Fight Night. As far as Punchout in Animal Crossing, it is there but only unlockable with a cheat device right now. I used a Gameshark to unlock Punchout, Zelda and Super Mario Bros. I've got 16 classic NES titles thrown all over my house in AC but Punchout is by far the most played.
Old 01-27-05, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Little Mac
Old 01-28-05, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
S O L D

Now if only they would release Punch-Out as part of the NES classics on GBA, just the same this is AWESOME news.
Old 01-28-05, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by jediwicz
Super Punchout is supposedly playable from the get go in Fight Night. As far as Punchout in Animal Crossing, it is there but only unlockable with a cheat device right now. I used a Gameshark to unlock Punchout, Zelda and Super Mario Bros. I've got 16 classic NES titles thrown all over my house in AC but Punchout is by far the most played.
i've got action replay...an older version i think. are you saying if i get animal crossing and have that, then i can play most nes classics right from the start without even playing animal crossing (which i am not really interested in)? please let me know. thanks in advance!!
Old 01-28-05, 08:59 AM

If you were to buy Animal Crossing you would be able to unlock 15-20 classic NES titles including Punchout. The only problem you may have is you will have to play AC for a while. You're house in the game starts out really small and you have to upgrade but that's the whole fun of Animal Crossing (designing your'e house, finding furniture, fishing...) I guess you could cheat through that with the Actionreplay but you'd be missing what makes this game so addictive in the first place. And then there's the whole GBA/GCN connecitivity + the e-reader.
Old 01-28-05, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by jediwicz
If you were to buy Animal Crossing you would be able to unlock 15-20 classic NES titles including Punchout. The only problem you may have is you will have to play AC for a while. You're house in the game starts out really small and you have to upgrade but that's the whole fun of Animal Crossing (designing your'e house, finding furniture, fishing...) I guess you could cheat through that with the Actionreplay but you'd be missing what makes this game so addictive in the first place. And then there's the whole GBA/GCN connecitivity + the e-reader.
i'm sure its a great game and i am not dissing it in anyway, i simply don't have the interest or time to play it.
so will i be able to play the 15-20 games without delving into the world that is Animal Crossing? and once i have the NES games are they the full, emulated games and playable as if playing just that game and not playing it through a window with animal crossing around it or something?
Old 01-28-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you hook up the Action Replay you can get the rare NES games almost from the start. You will have to play the game a little bit though. When you first arrive at town there are some tasks you have to complete before you can start doing anything you want. It doesn't take very long though.

You can unlock all the rare games with the Action Replay including ones like Zelda that to my knowledge are impossible to unlock through normal play. All play full screen and most can be transferred to the GBA, but not Zelda or Punchout. I don't think the Action Replay gives you the more common ones though. I got those just by playing the game. It will give you Punchout though.

Last edited by darkside; 01-28-05 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-29-05, 02:26 PM

The Fight Night version of Little Mac looks exactly like Meekus from Boy Meets World.

Still, this crossover makes the GC version of Fight Night Round 2 the one to get IMO. Some people are lamenting the lack of online play, but I don't care. It's worth it just for Super Punch-Out and the unlockable Little Mac in the main game (as dorky as he looks).
Old 01-29-05, 02:43 PM

If you hook up the Action Replay you can get the rare NES games almost from the start. You will have to play the game a little bit though. When you first arrive at town there are some tasks you have to complete before you can start doing anything you want. It doesn't take very long though.

You can unlock all the rare games with the Action Replay including ones like Zelda that to my knowledge are impossible to unlock through normal play. All play full screen and most can be transferred to the GBA, but not Zelda or Punchout. I don't think the Action Replay gives you the more common ones though. I got those just by playing the game. It will give you Punchout though.
thanks darkside...tell me this...when you play an NES Classic, like Zelda, do you get to save and if so how will it save (will it be to memory card and you can pickup where you left off) or is the gist you have to play and finish without shutting off? cause that would suck.
Old 01-29-05, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It saves the games to the memory card. I beat Zelda all the way through twice in Animal Crossing.
Old 01-29-05, 04:07 PM

It saves the games to the memory card. I beat Zelda all the way through twice in Animal Crossing.
so i can shut off and go back in at the point of last die or something ot that effect? thanks much.
Old 01-29-05, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice addition, can we hope to see his trainer too?
Old 01-30-05, 11:16 AM

check scott1598's Animal Crossing thread for info on all 19 NES games in Animal Crossing:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407295
Old 01-30-05, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
which game had the glass jaw joe guy, was that Mike Tyson's punch out?
Old 01-30-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glass Joe was the first fighter you fight in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out for the NES.
Old 01-31-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Glass Joe was also in the original arcade game of Punch-Out!!! (which would make a nice DS game BTW since it used two screens).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.