Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

SSX 3 ... anybody else playing this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSX 3 ... anybody else playing this?

I'm digging SSX 3, but am already having a tough time winning anything on slope 2. Yeah, that's pretty lame, but it's worth checking on here to hear other people's comments or suggestions on winning. Thanks!
Old 01-21-05, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's been a long time so I can't offer any advice. Great game though!!

Finally, something fun to come out of the EA offices.
Old 01-21-05, 02:18 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I don't have any specific advice (it's been a while since I played the game) but continually filling up your combo bar and using the speed boost becomes very important if you want to win on the harder slopes.

Also, finding shortcuts makes a big difference.
Old 01-21-05, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah. I found some shortcuts on slope 2, but the races are still really hard runs. Wonder if those cheats I found will help...
Old 01-21-05, 03:48 PM

Been quite a while since I played this, but shortcuts definitely help, usually more than speed boost, at least in my experience. I wasn't too great at the races, though.

/me hopes for ssx 4 soon
Old 01-21-05, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
I never finished this game, or got very far in it, but I hope to revisit it when I have time. I really, really regret getting the Xbox version (it came out right when I bought my Xbox and I wanted some games to play on it) as I'm so used to the PS2 shoulder-button style that I never got used to the Xbox controls...
Old 01-21-05, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got really far into the XBOX version and then my XBOX crapped out and I had to get a new one. Since you can't transfer the save for that game I lost everything. I've played it a bit since that but I can't get back into it after losing all my high stat characters.
Old 01-23-05, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Let me guess-you got for $17.88 at Wal-Mart too? I just got it a couple of weeks ago (Xbox). I'm doing pretty good so far-I've gotten to Peak 3 and maxed out the stats of one of the characters.

In case you don't know, you can redo an event and win money again, even if you already have a gold medal. Do this on the ones you're good at to build up your stats for the harder ones.

Also, it's probably obvious, but don't spend any money on accessories until you max out your stats. Extra outfits and boards may look cool, but they don't give you an advantage.
Old 01-23-05, 10:36 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to 2004! Just kidding, this is still a great game. I can't seem to find my PS2 memory cards ( ), so it looks like I may be starting from scratch along with you if I decide to play this again.
Old 01-24-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not sure why, but I never really got into this game. I really liked the first 2 and ended up clocking quite a few hours getting everything in them, but found this one completely boring. I guess I liked the racing and random trick appeal from the first 2, but there was just something about 3...