Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

MGS3 Food Question

Old 01-09-05, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MGS3 Food Question

I was wondering if anyone could confirm something about food spoiling in Snake Eater. I read somewhere that the food in Snake's backpack spoils depending on the ps2's internal clock. This sucks for me cause i don't have time to play games every day (school and whatnot). so can anyone confirm this?
Old 01-09-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I took two days off of the game, and when I played tonight, all of the food I had was spoiled, so it seems to be true.
Old 01-09-05, 10:51 PM

wow, that sucks. my brother had the same problem with his espn nba 2k5 game which actually required him to play every day or his player's skills would deteriorate.
Old 01-09-05, 10:54 PM
Li

Yeah, I've been playing only once in a while and everything's gone bad. Pretty dumb is you ask me...
Old 01-10-05, 05:30 AM
Banned

I haven't had a chance to play this game yet, but I was wondering if this food system is fun or annoying? To me it sounds annoying that you have to actually stop and eat food. It sounds like a Sim game not an action game.
Old 01-10-05, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The food thing is not as annoying as the Sims. Basically, your stamina drops at different rates depend on what you are doing, as it drops so does the amount of time you can hang or hold your breath.

Eating is kind of an every now and then timng, not constant.
Old 01-10-05, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by namja_y2j
wow, that sucks. my brother had the same problem with his espn nba 2k5 game which actually required him to play every day or his player's skills would deteriorate.
Originally Posted by KingSmoth
I took two days off of the game, and when I played tonight, all of the food I had was spoiled, so it seems to be true.
Ugh. This is horrible. When you HAVE to play a game for any reason it becomes work.

After playing Animal Crossing and watching a friend of mine become a retarded, drooling vegetable due to Final Fantasy XI, I have vowed to never play any game that does anything in accordance to real time again. It may sound like a neat idea but when you HAVE to play a game every day or else something bad happens or you HAVE to play a game at a certain time that's where I think we need to draw the line.
Old 01-10-05, 05:26 PM

what does real-time affect in FFXI? i haven't really played since X.
Old 01-10-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not too far in the game and have only played on occasion. Everytime I come back into the game, most of the food that I collected has spoiled. However, this has never been a big problem as I have not really been required to eat much and food seems very plentiful. If your really worried about spoilage, you could always just cage your food so it doesn't spoil.