Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The 1/Only PSP Discussion Thread (No silly behavior allowed)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The 1/Only PSP Discussion Thread (No silly behavior allowed)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-05, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahh, that's a shame.

That link has been seen on other forums so maybe there was a cutoff?
Old 03-14-05, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got in the mail today the Nyko Screen Protector. It has a very nice look to it. I'm sure it's going to look very tight on the PSP....2 more weeks!
Old 03-14-05, 01:56 PM

A few titles come out this tuesday/wednesday at EBgames and Gamestop. Worth stocking up early before they get grabbed. I just want some new games to play myself ... done with RR and lumines is fun, but a puzzle game...
Old 03-14-05, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Get Me Coffee
Just got in the mail today the Nyko Screen Protector. It has a very nice look to it. I'm sure it's going to look very tight on the PSP....2 more weeks!
You got a link to that screen protector or where you can order it? Checked EB's and Gamestop's site and can't seem to find it.

Last edited by Setzer; 03-14-05 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-14-05, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Setzer
You got a link to that screen protector or where you can order it? Checked EB's and Gamestop's site and can't seem to find it.

here you go....

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255790.asp
Old 03-14-05, 10:35 PM

Thanks for the link!

For those looking for a case for their PSP check this out......

Brando Case

Not a bad deal for $12 + $3 for shipping.

Last edited by Setzer; 03-14-05 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-14-05, 11:25 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I think just wait for the Logitech Playgear case. It will be release in April and it looks so much better!!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10181
Old 03-15-05, 12:03 AM

Ok I'm getting the Logitech.
Old 03-15-05, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by vhgong
I think just wait for the Logitech Playgear case. It will be release in April and it looks so much better!!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10181
Yeah, man, that Logitech case looks sounds spiffy. Plus is says it'll double as a sun visor. For me thats a plus since I'll be playing it out in my car at lunch.

Originally I thought the PSP would be a waste. That was until I saw some screen of Ridge Racer(s). The screen alone sold me on the system. I pre-ordered mine back in early Feburary. I plan on picking up Ridge Racer, Twisted Metal, Lumines. Then if the reviews are as good as the previews I'll get Metal Gear Ac!d. Otherwise I'll get Untold Legends or Dynasty Warriors depening on their reviews.

Only a little more then a week until the PSP hits and I'm as stocked as I could be.
Old 03-15-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
There's talk on other boards that Gamestop and perhaps other stores are taking more preorders, and not requiring you buy games with the PSP. Also, people have said that the "second shipment" of PSPs are actually due the afternoon of the 24th, which is not too long of a wait. This is for anyone who's lost hope because they haven't preordered... try calling around again!
Old 03-15-05, 12:52 PM

More UMD movies

March 15, 2005 01:20 PM US Eastern Timezone

Buena Vista Home Entertainment Announces the Release of Five Movie Titles to Sony's PSP - PlayStation Portable

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 15, 2005--Buena Vista Home Entertainment (BVHE) plans to release five titles beginning this spring on the Universal Media Disc (UMD(TM)) video format that plays on the new PSP(TM) (PlayStation(R) Portable) handheld entertainment system, it was announced today by Bob Chapek, President of BVHE. BVHE will release NATIONAL TREASURE, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL, REIGN OF FIRE, KILL BILL VOL. 1(a) and HERO(a) in the United States and Canada. Other titles to be made available will be announced throughout the year.

"Buena Vista Home Entertainment is excited to move forward with our movies on this format. With its crisp picture, ease of use and quick response mechanisms, the PSP(TM) is poised to revolutionize portable entertainment systems throughout the world," said Chapek. "We are confident that the five titles we announced today appeal to the new PSP(TM) consumer."
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...93&newsLang=en

I'm trying to resist the urge to purchase a UMD movie though. But if they can actually figure out a way to pull off the LOTR trilogy, I'm all over that.
Old 03-15-05, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by amped
More UMD movies

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...93&newsLang=en

I'm trying to resist the urge to purchase a UMD movie though. But if they can actually figure out a way to pull off the LOTR trilogy, I'm all over that.
LOTR would be awesome...but you would need like 2 sets of batteries. However, I 've heard that sony is going to be releasing a new battery with major lifespan this summer.
Old 03-15-05, 01:56 PM

The EB games by me called today asking if they had a Midnight sale...would I come. I gave a HELL YES answer.
Old 03-15-05, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Get Me Coffee
The EB games by me called today asking if they had a Midnight sale...would I come. I gave a HELL YES answer.
I took next Thursday and Friday off from work just so I could pick it up and get to play with it for a few days. I'm bad. If Gamestop is going to do a midnight sale I'll be all over that.
Old 03-15-05, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Setzer
I took next Thursday and Friday off from work just so I could pick it up and get to play with it for a few days. I'm bad. If Gamestop is going to do a midnight sale I'll be all over that.
I was planning on taking off Thursday and Friday but I can't. Just too much shit going on with my job. What I might do is take a half day from work on Friday. Just depends on my work load.
Old 03-15-05, 03:01 PM

Anyone who has not already preordered and still wants one on the 24th, here is an idea. If you have a Sam Goody near you, maybe you should give them a call or stop in. I just called mine, and they told me they were told to take more preorders (they previously stopped because they were full) and its for the SYSTEM only (250.00). They require a 50.00 deposit. Good Luck!
Old 03-16-05, 08:12 AM

My EB store just confirmed with me...MIDNIGHT SALE!!
Old 03-16-05, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hmmm, walked into my EB to preorder for the 4th, 5th or whatever shipment I would've been in line for. I had a leftover 20 deposit I put down on a DS which I never used. Guy checks the system and tells me they transferred the deposit for the PSP. Claimed they called me but I never got the message. Anyway I'm number 5 on the list and guaranteed a unit on launch

Now, I was inclined to wait it out because the games being released seem so-so. I could be wrong, haven't been keeping up with it. Now I have to see what's coming out and see if it's worth buying. This thread is a big help. Thanks everyone.
Old 03-16-05, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Do you guys think that there's a good chance to turn a profit by picking up a Value Pack at launch and then putting it on eBay? I was considering dropping by a Target or Wal-Mart (some sort of chain store that doesn't just sell electronics) near launch to pick one up, but not if eBay is going to be glutted with other people doing the same thing. I'll probably pick up a PSP down the line if they improve the battery life and drop the price and sell just the system by itself, but right now I don't want to lay out the cash for the system and a couple of games for it. I figured this might be an easy way to make a little money. Any opinions?
Old 03-16-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts
My guess is they'll be selling for about $300 on eBay after launch. Worst case someone could just import one, and the prices on them have dropped a lot since it launched in Japan. If you're not going to buy one for yourself, I wouldn't waste the time to buy one just to sell it.
Old 03-16-05, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
I actually suspect that a large number of sell-outs at B&Ms will be from people trying to sell them on ebay. I also don't think that it'll net you more than 50 bucks in profit because of this. ugh.
Old 03-16-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmmm...maybe it is more trouble than it's worth. I suppose I could just sell some of my old games which are collecting dust instead. I guess I just get caught up in the excitement of system launches, even when I don't want the system itself. The thrill of the hunt and all that.
Old 03-16-05, 12:00 PM

I'm going to EB to pick up my Spidey2 game....they just called.
Old 03-16-05, 12:19 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by MaxF
Hmmm...maybe it is more trouble than it's worth. I suppose I could just sell some of my old games which are collecting dust instead. I guess I just get caught up in the excitement of system launches, even when I don't want the system itself. The thrill of the hunt and all that.
I believe it's called "Profiteering".
Old 03-16-05, 12:39 PM

Man what a tease...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.