Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Halo 2 Non-Clan Member List?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-05, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Halo 2 Non-Clan Member List?

Hello Everyone

I like several on this board are either new to Halo 2 or just new to Xbox Live period. With the holiday's came an onslaught of Live Gamers especially with Halo 2. With it as well I for one have noticed many requests for the "Halo Clan" which at this time I'm not a member. I'm not sure but I'm guessing there's only so many spaces for members which is understandable. It'll get to a point where it's not a clan but an army.

With several of us waiting in the wings for a chance and slot somewhat like ballplayers in the AAA waiting for a shot in the big leagues. I was thinking with some help from others here about getting a list of not just clan hopefuls but pretty much their "experience level" in Halo. Something like a "Farm Team Clan" of basically newbies to pardon the phrase lower skill players. I've seen some say they suck or if you want to pad your stats I'm the one you want. Well it's better if we all suck as a group than one take the brunt of it. So I thought of why not a "Clan-want-to-be" list. Those that are proud to stand up and wear the badge of "I Suck At This" but I'm here to have fun. I'm just kind of "fishing" for some ideas here. This may sound like a looney idea to some but for others maybe hope.

One quick note. Thanks to those Clan members that have responded to our calls and e-mails concerning joining the clan.

Kenny J. gamertag -Buzz Starhopper Bungie.net - MacGuyver
Old 01-09-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am still not sure why there is not enough room in the clan for those who what to play with us. We have a bunch of people who never are on, and dropping those people would allow those who want to play to be able to get in.

As for not being very good, don't worry about it. Most of us suck at it.
Old 01-09-05, 10:46 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Feel free to join if you like. I think you are on my friends list, I can send you a clan invite.

The clan is limited to 100 people by bungie. Its about at that number, but we need to drop a bunch of people that are never on.
There are about 20 people who are on regularly.
Old 01-09-05, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,026 Posts
I thought I saw that Buzz had an invite pending?
Old 01-09-05, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The easier answer would be a second dvdtalk clan wouldn't it? I was on quite a bit during the holidays but I was never able to get in a clan game, either no one was on, or it was a non-joinable game.
Old 01-09-05, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Yeah, I hopped on last night and there was no one else that showed online...

I was like Oh My God!!!! Around 100 people, and no one is on??? LOL!!!!

What are the odds?
Old 01-09-05, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea. saturday night and sunday midday is a bad time to try to get in games with the group it seems. I should be on in a hour or so, so if you are looking for someone ring me up.
Old 01-09-05, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,026 Posts
Originally Posted by waporvare
The easier answer would be a second dvdtalk clan wouldn't it? I was on quite a bit during the holidays but I was never able to get in a clan game, either no one was on, or it was a non-joinable game.
Remember to always send out an invite request. We usually add everyone who asks to be added.

The biggest problem is that a lot of us like to do Big Team Battle and clan matches, which restrict the number to 8 players and no guests. So feel free to start another game if one is full
Old 01-10-05, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Yup, I think we should have room for more people now. And yes, some of us do like to do Big Team Battle sometimes, which will only let 8 people in. So sometimes we lock it down after 8 to get some games in. But feel free to start another game up. Usually on Friday and Saturday nights, there are two or three clan games going on.

X