Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-05, 10:16 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As mentioned above, the EGM reviews said the final boss was the hardest in the zelda series.

I personally hate hard bosses. I thought the bosses in Wind Waker were just right. The challege lie in figure out how to beat them, the actual execution wasn't that difficult once you figured it out. I prefer thinking over reflexes in gaming most of the time.
Old 01-16-05, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The third boss is a great twist on a Zelda tradition. Loving this game.
Old 01-16-05, 09:59 AM

Received 802 Likes on 523 Posts
I've beaten the first two dungeons as well. This game is a blast.

Took me awhile to figure out that...

Spoiler:
I needed to carry the green seed and plant it while small, and then water it while big. Took a few trips to the springs to get it right.

Great game!

By the way... I have quite a few kin-thingys... has anyone used them yet?
Old 01-16-05, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just past the first dungeon, and I must say, I love this game. Very good addition to the Zelda series. It looks great on the DS. I wish you could map the shoulder buttons to the X/Y buttons on the DS, but I understand why you can't and it's not a big deal at all.
Old 01-16-05, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
By the way... I have quite a few kin-thingys... has anyone used them yet?
I've been using them as much as possible. Because of the Kinstones, I've gotten quite a few extra heart pieces and LOTS of rupees. I am only short one of Tingle's brothers to get their treasure as well.

Also, it seems to me that the Kinstones have a level of rarity. Green seems to be common. Then Reds and Blues are more rare (although I don't know which is rarer). Some Greens in fact get you a red or blue. I haven't found many places to use reds or blues yet, so not sure how much better treasure they offer, but I've been finding that Kinstones are not always used with obvious individuals.
Old 01-16-05, 08:08 PM

Yeah, I finally starting trying with everybody and I've matched up quite a few.

Now I gotta go start collecting them.

Major fun!
Old 01-18-05, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum
The third boss is a great twist on a Zelda tradition. Loving this game.
You aren't kidding. I beat the third dungeon yesterday and was pleasantly suprised by the boss... great to see it again!

This has got to be an early lead for GBA GOTY!

Note to everyone: If you go up to someone or something and a thought cloud appears, they have a kinstone. That's one key piece of info I figured out late in the game.
Old 01-18-05, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
About those kinstones, you can tell, usually, what type of reward you'll get by matching up kinstones. The person's (or animal's!) thought bubble might be of a heart, coins, or a ? mark. I found that I might avoid the coin thought bubble, especially if I have only one kind of a certain kinstone because someone else might have a heart of ? thought bubble.

I'm pretty pissed, at myself though. I played for about 2 hours, without saving. So, I figure, "I better save" so I go and press the Power button, nothing happens, Ithink...jeez, guess I didn't press hard enough....Press it a 2nd time, and of course, my DS shuts down. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So many kinstone matches are now just gone.
great game though!
Old 01-18-05, 02:08 PM
Retired

Mine finally shipped from Outpost today. Can't complain for $19.99 especially since it's going on the back burner for now anyway.
Old 01-18-05, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
This game is great. It is fast becoming my favorite 2D Zelda. LTTP has the nostalgia factor, but this is so much deeper.

The difficulty could be a little higher, but no big deal. With the exception of the two NES versions, Zelda games haven't ever been very difficult.

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Note to everyone: If you go up to someone or something and a thought cloud appears, they have a kinstone. That's one key piece of info I figured out late in the game.
You must have missed the in-game text where they told you that
Old 01-19-05, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BTW/FYI Outpost.com orderers - My backordered copy just shipped!
Old 01-19-05, 10:39 AM
fab

This is a great game. Could be the last 2D Zelda game ever. I really like the map system. The Kinstones are a neat addition. So far it's been pretty easy. I did get stuck for longer than I should have in the Fortress of Winds
Spoiler:
when I couldn't find the Mole Mitts due to them being behind a (not-so-obvious-to-me) bombable wall
. I just finished the Temple of Droplets dungeon and don't want it to end.

--
fab
Old 01-19-05, 03:21 PM
Retired

Got my backordered Outpost copy today.
Old 01-19-05, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just beat the game, and the final boss is tough, but not as difficult as I thought it was going to be after hearing what EGM had to say. There's so many things I skipped or didn't find, so I'll definitely play through it again to try to "complete" the game. My friend told me there are
Spoiler:
more swordmasters than the one in Hyrule town, and you can learn abilities like shooting your sword, and charging your sword faster.

Had I known this, I think the game would have been easier.

The part I got stuck on and took me longest to figure out turned out to be something really simple that I just overlooked and tried to make more complicated than it really was:
Spoiler:
Before you go to the Temple of Droplets, when you have to retrieve the 3 books for the librarian, I got stuck on the first book. I knew where it was, I saw it, I even became mini and walked next to it. For some reason, it never occurred to me to just push it over the edge. I guess I just figured I wasn't strong enough and needed the power bands first.

Overall, great game that I can see myself beating more than once. For those keeping it on the "backburner," the game isn't that long, so you may just want to give it a shot. You'll have a blast.
Old 01-19-05, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by eatntae
Overall, great game that I can see myself beating more than once. For those keeping it on the "backburner," the game isn't that long, so you may just want to give it a shot.
I don't agree. If you do a lot of the side quests, the game is much longer. There isn't much point in not waiting. The game will still be there after they finish whatever they're currently playing.
Old 01-19-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I don't agree. If you do a lot of the side quests, the game is much longer. There isn't much point in not waiting. The game will still be there after they finish whatever they're currently playing.
I guess that's true. Again, the game probably wasn't that long for me because I didn't get a chance to do everything. Also, I'm the type of person who wants to play a new game while it's still fairly new, because if I wait too long, friends of mine who have the game wind up spoiling all the surprises.
Old 01-19-05, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Got my backordered Outpost copy today.
Got my outpost copy too! Seems fun so far, but is there no way to speed up the text? I'm getting sick of constantly pressing "B"...
Old 01-20-05, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joeblow69
Got my outpost copy too! Seems fun so far, but is there no way to speed up the text? I'm getting sick of constantly pressing "B"...
Message speed is one of the options.
Old 01-20-05, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Who is the third dungeon's boss?
Old 01-20-05, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Who is the third dungeon's boss?
Spoiler:
It's just like the boss from the Tower of the Gods... the one with the head and the floating hands (which is a take off of Bongo Bongo in The Ocarina of Time, and then the same battle-type was used again as Andross, the end battle boss in Starfox Adventures). There's a twist to this version in "Duck Hat" and its a welcomed one, albeit a little too easy.
Old 01-20-05, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been doing all the sidequests in Minish Cap and I never do that anymore; this is one of the few games that has relatively enjoyable quests and useful items, not just costume changes.
Old 01-21-05, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FWIW, the last boss is not that difficult at all; it's just a matter of figuring out the patterns. I had four red potions and didn't need to use one to finish the game. Great game and I'll definitely replay it some time down the road.
Old 01-22-05, 02:24 AM

mine just arrive yesterday beat the first 2 dungeon, great game

i ordered from outpost btw
Old 01-22-05, 10:28 AM
Retired

Originally Posted by eatntae
Also, I'm the type of person who wants to play a new game while it's still fairly new, because if I wait too long, friends of mine who have the game wind up spoiling all the surprises.

None of my friends game.

I like to finish what I'm playing before starting, otherwise I end up never finishing it. And with the case of Metroid Prime 2 and Zelda, those are games I like to focus on exclusively. If you negelect one for a while, the maps not in your head anymore, you forget the plot, where to go next etc.
Old 01-23-05, 09:02 AM

i got a feeling that the game will end soon too short for me

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.