DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Suck my yellow balls, Mr. Ballmer! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/403825-suck-my-yellow-balls-mr-ballmer.html)

flashburn 01-06-05 07:27 AM

Suck my yellow balls, Mr. Ballmer!

http://theinquirer.net/?article=20547

NOW HE IS safely retired, the 77-year old former Nintendo boss Hiroshi Yamaushi is regaling Wired magazine about how he reverted to abuse to silence the mighty Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

Apparently Microsoft was making a bid to buy Nintendo for absolutely huge amounts of money. Vole was confident that Nintendo would take it. The Game Cube wasn't doing particularly well at the time and there was a lot of money involved. Ballmer himself showed up at the negotiations to have a quiet word.

However Yamaushi didn't like the deal, which he saw as a loss on a level similar to World War Two. He said he ranted a bit about Japanese values and identity but it went no-where. So in the end he said in Japanese "suck my yellow balls Mr Ballmer".

The translator looked embarrassed and was clearly not translating the phrase exactly, although Ballmer did smile at a sentence that included the word 'yellow' in it.

Frustrated Yamaushi stood on a chair, put his hands around his mouth and very slowly and in English said: "Hey Ballmer why don't you suck my tiny yellow balls."

He said Ballmer and team were speechless. They were as scandalised as if he had shown them a nipple at the Superbowl, he said.

It is nice to know that high powered board room meetings involving billions of dollars use the same language and methodology of a Kave piss-up. A copy of the interview can be found here but is probably illegal so you should buy a copy of the February issue of Wired.

Brain Stew 01-06-05 07:38 AM

Poor business strategy considering that Nintendo is hemorraging, but funny nonetheless.

Groucho 01-06-05 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Brain Stew
Poor business strategy considering that Nintendo is hemorraging, but funny nonetheless.

Yeah, sales of the new DS have been terrible.

Brain Stew 01-06-05 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Yeah, sales of the new DS have been terrible.

I wasn't aware of the positive sales of the DS, only the tepid (at best) sales of the Gamecube and the two Gameboy Advances.

I'm not trying to bash Nintendo (I used to really enjoy their stuff) when I say that they haven't been doing well.

PixyJunket 01-06-05 08:10 AM

-ohbfrank-

Jesus Crhist, is it every day now?

darkside 01-06-05 08:31 AM

I wasn't aware of the positive sales of the DS, only the tepid (at best) sales of the Gamecube and the two Gameboy Advances.

Uhh, Game Boy Advance sales are anything, but tepid. The Cube is the only problem Nintendo has right now and they are not hemorraging money by any means. Granted it is tempting to take an offer from Microsoft. They have unlimited money to spend. I would prefer it though if companies like Microsoft and EA would stop buying up all the competition.

Competition the last time I checked is very good for comsumers.

PixyJunket 01-06-05 08:34 AM

THE CUBE IS NOT A PROBLEM.

THE ARTICLE IS FAKE.

*sighs*

BeckysBoy 01-06-05 08:36 AM

I'm not trying to bash Nintendo (I used to really enjoy their stuff) when I say that they haven't been doing well.

This is the video game equivalent of "Why, some of my best friends are negroes!"

:rolleyes:

PixyJunket 01-06-05 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by BeckysBoy
This is the video game equivalent of "Why, some of my best friends are negroes!"

:lol:rotfl:lol:

huh? 01-06-05 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by BeckysBoy

:rolleyes:

:lol:

I almost spit out my coffee when i read that...

flashburn 01-06-05 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
THE CUBE IS NOT A PROBLEM.

THE ARTICLE IS FAKE.

*sighs*

But, dude, its from 'The Inquirer', the worlds most reliable place for news! ;)

DARTH GAMER 01-06-05 10:08 AM

:D I love threads like this. I'm taking bets on how long this thread stays open. I'm guessing it won't make it past the 25th post.