Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Anyone Playing DOA Ultimate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-04, 08:23 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone Playing DOA Ultimate?

Ok, My GF saw this on the shelf at Best Buy and she made me get it because the new WWE game for xbox isnt due till march.

It looks REALLY good on my 60" HDTV and shes getting her ass kicked on live. I cant believe theres no threads about this game. Is anyone else playing it?
Old 12-28-04, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The original thread for DOA: Ultimate

It doesn't seem like many people from this forum are playing it. Not many people posted their gamertags in the thread above. I haven't played it in a while either (currently busy with World of Warcraft). But I can get back into it if others are also playing. My gamertag is Joshic. I'm currently at A- rank, using mostly Bayman and a little bit of Ein. I haven't played anyone on this forum except for SteelgearX. He's pretty good too.
Old 12-28-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
I occasionally play it.. It does look amazing. Good deal for anyone interested; it's only $29.99 (or $24.99 a/c) at Best Buy this week. I've tried it on Live only a few times, but I'll try to keep an eye out for you, Joshic.
Old 12-28-04, 09:46 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I might get some time online eventually. If you see my gamertag on (EXodus Prime) during the day its my gf, not me whos ass you're kicking. lol

Is there any way to get the extra characters and costumes without beating the game multiple times/difficulties?
Old 12-28-04, 11:05 AM
RVP

I just picked it up on Sunday for the cheap price at Bestbuy. I am very frustrated with it right now as I learn the fighting system/move list. But I always have a hard time with fighting games.
Old 12-28-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You have to play through the game to unlock stuff. Unfortunately there are no shortcuts. Quote from a user named Jann Lee at the forums at www.doatec.com (which has nice movelists for the characters in this game):

I WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO UNLOCK:

ALL COSTUMES
BAYMAN, HITOMI, TENGU
ALL SYSTEM VOICES
COLLECTION
CG GALLERY
and
DOA3 BOOSTER PACK/BEHIND THE SCENES OF DOA

Let's get things straight. The key to unlocking everything is first unlocking the costumes. Here is how many costumes each character has:

KASUMI: 20
RYU: 9
GEN FU: 8
HELENA: 13
TINA: 16
BASS: 8
ZACK: 8
LEON: 7
JANN LEE: 8
LEIFANG: 20
AYANE: 20
EIN: 7
HITOMI: 14
BAYMAN: 6
TENGU: 3

Alright, those are the numbers love it or hate it. Three of those characters are hidden though. Those are Bayman, Hitomi, and Tengu.

To unlock Bayman, beat default Story Mode with Leon.
To unlock Hitomi, beat default Story Mode with Ein.
To unlock Tengu, beat default Story Mode with everyone.

To unlock all the costumes, keep playing through default Story Mode with a certain character until you can't unlock any more costumes for that person. Move on to the next character. Once that's all done, go through all the female characters' Story Mode again, but this time on hard difficulty. Keep playing until you reach the numbers I've given you. To get all costumes for Bayman, Hitomi, and Tengu, do the same thing but on default Time Attack Mode.

Unlocking all the system voices ("READY? FIGHT"). The game comes with Monica, Miyako, and DJ system voices (can be configured in settings), but you can unlock some more to keep things interesting. Simply go through everyone's exercises in Sparring Mode (this includes Bayman, Hitomi, and Tengu). You'll get all the extra voices that way, which are KASUMI, AYANE, EIN, RAIDOU, and TENGU.

To unlock Collection, just play Survival Mode and it'll be on the main menu. Collection is the items you collect during Survival Mode. The last two items are PROTOTYPE XBOX and GOLD MEDAL, just so you know.

To unlock CG Gallery and Booster/Behind the Scenes, unlock everything else first. This is what it's all about. The "Behind the Scenes" feature is around 10 minutes long, and the DOA3 booster adds costumes to your copy of DOA3. Also, the CG Gallery contains hundreds of DOAX/DOAU images, so keep playing!

IT WILL TAKE YOU ROUGHLY 20 HOURS TO UNLOCK EVERYTHING. That excludes any fighting you may do with your buddies. I'm talking about 20hrs of non-stop unlocking. I really hope this helps you
Old 12-28-04, 11:43 AM

I haven't really played it much lately. Been busy with Halo 2 and just got started on Prince of Persia. My GT is SteelgearX though, so you can add me to your friends list if you want and then invite me when you see me on. I have a strange schedule at work too so I can't exactly tell when I'll be on, but you can always leave me a voicemail through Xbox live. Just let me know when you'll be on and I'll try to catch up with you. It gets frunstrating playing online with assholes.
Old 12-28-04, 02:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
The easier method to unlock everything is to recover all the items in Survival mode. When you rack up at least 50 wins you'll get a medal, which opens up a second page in the Collection screen. Get those items and you should have everything