DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   World of Warcraft game thread - 'official' dvdtalk server inside. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/397414-world-warcraft-game-thread-official-dvdtalk-server-inside.html)

finbogg 11-26-04 01:54 PM

Originally posted by Maxflier
I think i will pick it up Saturday morning(at BB so i can get those 10,000 extra reward zone points) and give it a shot.
Where did you see this deal?

Maxflier 11-26-04 02:55 PM

Originally posted by finbogg
Where did you see this deal?
It's on the Reward Zone homepage.It's not connected to WOW.You just have to spend $25 Saturday and you earn 5,000 extra RZ points,do it before 10am and get 5,000 more in addition to that.

ravan 11-26-04 03:08 PM

I am going to try and update this thread with player names so we can all add each other to friends lists and so on.

Post your name, level and class here (obviously level will outdate fairly fast, but i'll try and update once in a while).

Check the first post for the current players!

finbogg 11-26-04 04:12 PM

Originally posted by Maxflier
It's on the Reward Zone homepage.It's not connected to WOW.You just have to spend $25 Saturday and you earn 5,000 extra RZ points,do it before 10am and get 5,000 more in addition to that.
Even better, have them price match Compusa's sale and get it for $39.99 plus the Reward Zone points.

finbogg 11-26-04 07:11 PM

Originally posted by finbogg
I know that the CD Key is directly tied to the account and therefore one account per CD Key. Any idea if there's a way to transfer an account from one person to another.

I might want to be able to sell the game on ebay if it's not living up to its potential.

Official word is that there is no account transfer capability, so if you buy it you better like it.

JsphOfArimethia 11-26-04 07:25 PM

Aonarach level 13 Night Elf Warrior. I'll be on my way to Dark Shore soon. Just gotta put some food in my belly and avoid some chores. :)

Noojimbo 11-27-04 09:31 AM

Mehalegexis - Level 8 Human Paladin
Mostly running around doing quests at the moment, if any of you higher level guys know the best places to level, I'd appreciate it, or maybe you wouldn't mind a lowbie in a hunting group? :)

Maxflier 11-27-04 09:49 AM

Anyone who hasnt picked up the game yet,you might want to check out Target.I was there this morning and they had a $49.99 sale tag below the Collector's Edition.I assume that HAS to be a mistake and is just for the regular version,i brought it to a self-scanner out of curiosity and it rang up $79.99.So i'm sure with a little effort you could get them to give it to you for the 50 bucks.

ravan 11-27-04 12:09 PM

Actually I think quests is by far the fastest way to level - not the usual xp grind. Quests in groups, faster even ;)

JsphOfArimethia 11-27-04 12:51 PM

Hey, ravan. I saw you online this morning. Didn't really have chance to say hi though. I was running through the gator gauntlet in the Wetlands. Man, that is a looooong trip from Teldrassil to Ironforge. It was worth it though. Love that auction house.

ravan 11-27-04 04:20 PM

where is teldrassil? I'm just starting up there.

Did you try the train from Stormwind to Ironforge.? Pretty cool!!

belboz 11-27-04 04:32 PM

ravan, you're going to need to tweak the html for the tables for it to display properly in vb. The bulletin software displays HTML, but it displays the line returns in the HTML code, so that the blank space between your message and the table will grow as the table gets bigger.

You could probably do it manually at this point, but I would eventually get difficult to edit.

I think a lot of people who maintain tables keep a working copy in Word with the HTML code formatted nicely, then when they're ready to post it, they do a search & replace for ^p (the paragraph special character), replacing it with nothing. Then they copy and paste the result into the forum.

Maxflier 11-27-04 06:25 PM

Ok,i got my character started on Cenarius
Maxflier LVL 6(atm) Night Elf Rogue

ravan 11-27-04 08:53 PM

Originally posted by belboz

I think a lot of people who maintain tables keep a working copy in Word with the HTML code formatted nicely, then when they're ready to post it, they do a search & replace for ^p (the paragraph special character), replacing it with nothing. Then they copy and paste the result into the forum.

You mean make a regular table in word and export to html? or to write the actual html code? Where would you search for the ^p?
thanks ;)

Copenhagen 11-27-04 08:57 PM

Having never done a RPG on a PC, is there a demo anywhere of this to see if this is something I would like?

Maxflier 11-27-04 09:33 PM

Originally posted by Copenhagen
Having never done a RPG on a PC, is there a demo anywhere of this to see if this is something I would like?
Nah,u have to take a chance on it.If you know anyone that has it you could always use their CD's to install it and get a buddy key from someone that has the colectors edition which will give you a 10 day trial.

They generally dont have demos for MMORPG's since you have to be online to play it.

Copenhagen 11-27-04 10:01 PM

That sucks...all of my local friends do very little gaming PC or otherwise so that isn't gonna help at all.

I guess I'll just have to read up some more on it and take a gamble if it sounds like I may enjoy it.

belboz 11-27-04 10:44 PM

Originally posted by ravan
You mean make a regular table in word and export to html? or to write the actual html code? Where would you search for the ^p?
thanks ;)

Sorry, I should have been more clear. You should write the actual HTML code for your table in Word (or any other editor). Keep a copy of that code for when you want to update the table in the future.

When you're ready to post the code into the forum, first do a search and replace on the code to remove all line return characters (the paragraph special character in Word parlance). To do that I think it's CTRL-H to bring up the search & replace dialog. Then in the search field type ^p and leave the replace field empty. Do a "replace all" so that all the HTML code becomes essentially one big long line.

Copy and paste that text into vb where you want the table to appear in your post. That will produce a table that won't cause formatting issues for your post.

Copenhagen 11-27-04 11:36 PM

One more dumb question:

Does the regular version also have a 1 month trial as well...the few places I've looked online have conflicting statements. If so I may be headed out to CompUSA tomorrow :)

It seems other than the 'pet' the CE isn't really worth it, unless that is the only one with a free month.

TIA

SeekOnce 11-27-04 11:56 PM

First month's free, CE or not. And the pet that comes with the CE doesn't do anything to boot.

Copenhagen 11-28-04 12:10 AM

I may have been swayed..thanks for the help guys.

JsphOfArimethia 11-28-04 12:56 AM

Originally posted by ravan
where is teldrassil? I'm just starting up there.

Did you try the train from Stormwind to Ironforge.? Pretty cool!!

Ooh! There's a train from Ironforge to Stormwind?! I've been trying to figure out how I was gonna get to Stormwind for a while. I hear that's where I need to go to get Two-Hand Sword training. Do I need to 'know the way' before hand, like with the flying?

Oh, and Teldrassil is the Northwest corner of the whole darn continent. Page 150 of your book is where the maps are. It's right there. To get to Tel. from where you are you gotta get to the Menethil Harbor, which is just NW of Ironforge. The only way I know to get there so far is on foot, from Loch Modan you want to go past Algaz Gate and take that first left in the Wetlands towards the Harbor. Stay on the road and just Run! There's spiders on one side and crocs on the other and there are all level 22. And the crocs have a rush attack, so there quick. But you can outrun them.

The best method for all this is what I call a 'jog train'. One person leads the others /follow. It's like auto-pilot for the ones in the back and they can type and all that. The leader will take some damage but as long as he keeps running everyone should be ok.

Btw, the boat you need to get on is on the right side of the docks in Menethil. It takes you to Auberdine, which has some good skinning areas. To get to Teldrassil from there you need to get on the other boat on the docks, but before you do talk to the Hypograph master so you can fly back when you want to leave. Welcome to Night Elf country everybody. Hope you enjoy. :)

Sorry if this post is a little long. This trip was my first grand adventure. So I was really happy to have made it. And oh ya, Ironforge is cooool. :D

ravan 11-28-04 03:32 AM

I'm not skinning, i'm into alchemy ;) yes there is a train from stormwind to ironforge - pretty cool too! takes a few seconds.. I cant give you directions cause I was following someone, but ask - everyone would probably know.

I'm into riding gryphons.. its just so cool it blows my mind.. from stormwind to ironforge is just :o :o :o

Wanna get some more cities on there. only have westfall, stormwind and ironforge so far.

Groucho 11-28-04 09:33 AM

I decided to go with a RP server, so I'm normally on Feathermoon. But, if we arrange a DVDTalk "WoW Meet" I will roll up a character on Cenarius for that.

Edit: went ahead and rolled up a character anyway. I'm Groucho the Gnome Warrior. :D

Capo2002 11-28-04 10:01 AM

I'm so addicted to this game!! I'm a level 13 nightelf druid and I currently play on the Deathwing server. If you see "Killuminati", that's me. :)