Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Best way to play through Metroid Prime 1 & 2 without guides, etc?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-04, 07:24 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

I mean without using a FAQ, guide books, just putting the game on and going through it no holds barred. I am not a very experienced gamer and don't play often, if at all, but I love all that is Metroid and want to play through the 2 soon.

Usually, with these games I need guides to get through them and stuff because I am not very good and want all the stuff. But, that way seems to take so long and is just so cumbersome to have to keep reading and then playing and then reading, yada...yada...yada...Eventually this way I do finish and win the game though.

I want to just play!! I want to explore and do without help and I want to just have plain fun!!!, but how can I find all the stuff and not get stuck and not get lost and know where to go?

I basically want to know the best way to approach without anything if you know what I mean?

Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions.
Old 11-19-04, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best thing to remember about games, especially ones like Metroid, Zelda, et al is the complexity involved.

Sure there are items, upgrades, etc. that are in easy sight just for the fact you need them to progress in the game. Some are off the wayward path and require you to think a bit.

Example: The numerous missle upgrades that were hidden in Metroid -- the one behind a wall or only visible by X-Ray scanning an arbitrary rock facing. Sure you didn't *need* the full arsenal of missles, but it sure helped out in the end.

I suppose you could just play through the way you want and see how it turns out. If you get frustrated, sneak a peek at a guide to see what advice they have. Ultimately you will feel more fulfilled the more you complete the game by yourself, but there is nothing wrong comparing your progress to a guide.

I'm one to complete a game with a full arsenal/inventory and all upgrades. So I had take to the guide when I ran into a dead end.

It comes down to the player - regardless of no help or all the help in the world, the player him/herself will ultimately decide how the game is played.

Just remember, it shouldn't be a task to play, it should be fun.