Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What are some good Anime games, or Disney and other 'toon games?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-04, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As an anime fan, I am interested in collecting video games that are based on anime, or have had animes made from them. I might be a bit more forgiving of a game if I liked the anime, but I still don't want complete stinkers. I also like the anime-styled games, like the products from Square. What games like these are decent?

Also, what are some of the better Disney or other animation titles available, like the Genesis version of Aladdin? Has anyone played PK Out of the Shadows (Donald Duck?)

I currently have a PSTwo, Dreamcast, and most older systems. No X-Box yet, or GC/GBA (although those two will be next.)

I currently own the following on PS2:
.hack//INFECTION, MUTATION, OUTBREAK
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Beyond Good and Evil
The Bouncer
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2
Ephemeral Fantasia
Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2
Gungrave, Gungrave Overdose
ICO
Jak and Daxter: The Precurser Legacy, Jak II
Kingdom Hearts
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Mega Man X7
Mister Mosquito
Okage Shadow King
Resident Evil - CODE:Veronica X
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (currently playing)
Suikoden III
Unlimited Saga
Viewtiful Joe
Wallace & Gromit in Project Zoo
Whiplash
Xenosaga
Zone of the Enders

I also have the following PS1 games:
Chrono Cross, Discworld, Eternal Eyes, Final Fantasy Anthology, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Parasite Eve, Vampire Hunter D
Old 11-11-04, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't recommend PK, it's a short game and the controls and camera aren't good. I only bought it because DD is my favorite Disney character.

Sega Game Gear: Land of Illusion (MM), Deep Duck Trouble, The Lucky Dime Caper (both DD), Jungle Book, Legend of Illusion (MM), The Lion King, Aladdin

Genesis: Quackshot (I love this game, another DD game), Aladdin, World of Illusion (Mickey and Donald), Castle of Illusion, Tiny Toon Adv, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Lion King

Saturn: Macross

Dreamcast: Donald Duck Goin' Quackers, Macross(Import), Record of Lodoss War, Looney Toons Space Race

Gameboy: Donald Duck Advance

SNES: Tiny Toon Adv, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Aladdin, Cold Shadow(another DD game)

GameCube- Disney's Magical Mirror and a few Disney Sports Games

Playstation: Ghost in the Shell, Tarzan, A Bug's Life, Arc the Lad

Playstation 2: Arc the Lad, Robotech (2, also on X-Box and maybe GC), Shin Megami Tensei, The Haunted Mansion(also on xbox), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2 games, also on the box)

that's all I can think of
Old 11-11-04, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get Katamari Damancy for the PS2 if you can find it.

Also, I don't know if it's any good, (and I'd guess that it sucks), but the Inu Yasha game just came out for the PS2.

And depending how far you want to get into your collection, you can easily get anime licensed games imported from Japan. Gundam, RahXephon, and Evangelion come to mind for me (because those are the ones that I want).
Old 11-11-04, 09:39 PM
mvc

You might like the games from Nippon Ichi (Disgaea, La Pucelle, Phantom Brave). They're pretty hardcore strategy-rpg's but they're heavily anime influenced. I've played all 3 and loved em.

There were some anime-influenced RPG's on PS1 but they're harder to find. I think Rhapsody was one (I never found one). I can't really think of some of the other ones right now. Heh
Old 11-12-04, 11:52 PM

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
I definitely want to get the Nippon Ichi games, if the prices would just drop a bit.

Importing games is starting to get a bit too hardcore for me (can't speak or read the language yet, no way to play them without modding my system or messing with loaders, swap tricks, etc., and finally they would be too costly.)
Old 11-13-04, 01:45 AM

Inuyasha and Growlanser for the PS2.
Old 11-14-04, 06:52 AM

Katamari Damacy is great for PS2 and Looney Tunes Space Race is great for DC.
Old 11-14-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When you buy a Gamecube, you must import those Naruto games, they're nice! I think there are 3 of them. graphics are incredible, true to the show and manga.

There's also a One-Piece game out for Gamecube too but i don't know much about it.

Also a really good GC one is Megaman Battle Network, it rocks (and is based off the anime i hear), but is done in the old style megaman kick ass style.
Old 11-18-04, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the suggestions so far, everyone!

I have recently added The Adventures of Cookie and Cream, Culdcept, Kya: Dark Lineage, Lupin the 3rd: Treasure of the Sorcerer King, Orphen: Scion of Sorcery, and Silpheed: The Lost Planet for PS2, and Blaster Master: Blasting Again, Board Game Top Shop, Jade Cocoon: Story of the Tamamayu, Legend of Legaia, One Piece Mansion, and Puzzle Star Sweep for PS1.
Old 11-18-04, 09:25 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

There were these two games which were supposedly good for the PS1

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete