Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official Halo 2 Clan Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-04, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DamingR

Also, I think as a general tip, we should make sure sypher joe is in our party.
fixed
Old 11-11-04, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vryce, please add my gamertag to the list ( H I McDunnough). I sent a request to be added throiugh Bungie.net this morning.

Thanks...
Old 11-11-04, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
I guess I am retarded. How can you tell if your gamertag is linked?
Old 11-11-04, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Obey The D
fixed

sypher, sdcrym, and I all went to Miss. State together where we put countless hours into system link games with Halo 1. As many hours as we put into it, he should be at least halfway decent, haha.
Old 11-11-04, 09:07 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by brianluvdvd
I guess I am retarded. How can you tell if your gamertag is linked?
When you are looking at the clan homepage at bungie.net it will show your gamertag after your member name, if you have the option turned on to show that.
You can click on your name, and if its linked, it will show your gamertag there.
Or, you can look at the top, and it should say Welcome <bungie.net login> (GamerTag)

If it doesn't have your gamertag in (), then it isn't linked. If it is linked, you'll also see the little orange guy icon that shows how many of your friends list are online.
Old 11-11-04, 09:08 AM

I had a great time last night. I know I'm not the best person, but practice makes perfect. I haven't even started the single player campaign yet. I'm have too much fun with online play. It also make it more enjoyable when you don't have ten year old kids screaming in your ear.

I like the idea if we have enough player to split the clan up into 2 parties and up our ranking. Well, I'll be on again tonite.

Anyone want to start a ESPN 2K5 league?
Old 11-11-04, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

As far as others who are members here and want a friend in the clan, I would say that their friend has to meet the following minimum requirements:
i totally agree, and that's what I was thinking, but don't you think maybe we should have DVD talkers give a reference for someone who just joined today and wants to be a clan member.

for example my roommate BeanDip0001 joins DVDtalk today and then goes and joins the group at bungie, he shouldn't be automatically allowed to join unless someone from this site (in this particular case ME) vouches for them, as at least being someone who will contribute a bit to the site.

my opinion on the emblem. Maybe we could all follow the same color schem but have different actual emblems. I personally really like the yellow and blue stuff from the first couple pages of the thread.
Old 11-11-04, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the help Vryce. A couple of other questions...I appear to be linked but DVDTalk does not show up as my group. I also went to here and I am not listed in the group members. Anyway that can be checked or changed? http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/7975/G...upMembers.aspx

Since I am not showing as listed it does not let me into the forum or other stuff.
Old 11-11-04, 09:34 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

brian: whats your bungie.net username? If you have one, you should be able to go to the group homepage(link is in my signature here) and click on join group. If not, you need to have one first before the join link appears.

Let me know if you have any more problems joining up.
Old 11-11-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Vryce, my bungie.net username appears to be SPIDERBITE as well. I clicked on the join group button but I thought that was taken care of when I joined the clan last night thru the xbox. Let me know if that works. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-11-04, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally posted by kakihara1
i totally agree, and that's what I was thinking, but don't you think maybe we should have DVD talkers give a reference for someone who just joined today and wants to be a clan member.

for example my roommate BeanDip0001 joins DVDtalk today and then goes and joins the group at bungie, he shouldn't be automatically allowed to join unless someone from this site (in this particular case ME) vouches for them, as at least being someone who will contribute a bit to the site.

my opinion on the emblem. Maybe we could all follow the same color schem but have different actual emblems. I personally really like the yellow and blue stuff from the first couple pages of the thread.
I agree with the idea that someone can join the clan if they join DVDTalk and someone already here vouches for them. Sounds cool to me.

Also, the color scheme idea is a great idea. That way, everyone has different emblems for when we are playing games inside the clan, but we have a similar look when we play other clans. What do you guys think about that?

And yes, cypher joe was a badass last night. I want to learn, master.

X
Old 11-11-04, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"When waiting for a game to start, if you have screaming kids or a nagging wife, mute your mike! Just because you have to listen to it, do not assume we all deserve that privilege."
Microserf44

best tip on the whole damn page
Old 11-11-04, 10:02 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

There you go brian... You, neiname and sypher all just added to the group list.
Old 11-11-04, 10:04 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by kakihara1

Different emblems but same color could work. That way everyone can have some degree of uniqueness.

I'm partial to Blue and silver colors myself. My emblem is blue and silver and my armor is as well. They kind of inverse each other. Not too bad looking to me. But we'll see what everyone else thinks.
Old 11-11-04, 10:05 AM

Speaking of screaming kids........has anyone been so lucky as to play some of these 12 year olds who haven't ever used a mic before so they scream into it and make all sorts of annoying noises throughout a match? Man that's great, I love those kids! they just sort of make the whole experience complete.
Old 11-11-04, 10:07 AM

take a poll over the color scheme........I'm down for whatever.
Old 11-11-04, 10:08 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

If you want a game like that, play Jedi Academy live..

Lots of immature kids and some immature teens and adults as well.

My favorite example, a guy that sounds in his 20s complaining about everyone using weapons. Since I created the game, I told him he was free to join a game or create one of his own that only lets you use light sabers. His reply was "well, I'll just kill you repeatedly on principle."
Old 11-11-04, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm partial to an all-steel color scheme with some colors as highlights for the logos
Old 11-11-04, 10:10 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I made a post at the clan website. didn't make it a poll, as there are tons of color combinations. The popular consensus will be used.

And its for clan games. Feel free to change your colors to whatever when you are playing alone using optimatch, or non clan games.
Old 11-11-04, 10:17 AM
RVP

Originally posted by DamingR
Another point:

If we are playing a 8-player major clan battle, there could be another DVDTalk party also playing clan battles.

If we get 14 people or whatever like last night, we should split up and have two parties. That way we could work on our rankings.

i think that is a good idea. I tried to join your guys party last night but it was full. I f we could have gotten another group of 8 together to play a clan match that would have been great.
Wait, can you play 2 clan matches at the same time?
Old 11-11-04, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I tried to get online last night, but didn't see an invite to join the clan. Do you mind sending it again?

Tag: TurdFerguson64

Thanks
Old 11-11-04, 10:31 AM

I don't see anything to indicate that you can't have two clan matches going at once.

Vryce: yeah I saw your post on the clan forum, I also double posted my idea. I think your color scheme sounds awesome and I'm all for it. I will change my scheme tonight and see what it looks like.

Chime in on the color thing people which is primary which is secondary.

"I will keep killing you on principle" That's hilarious, I trust our clan won't be making gripes like this and that's why I joined.
Old 11-11-04, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I too like the steel armor with DVDtalk colors (blue and gold) for the logo.

Just noticed that we are up to about 75 clan members.
Old 11-11-04, 11:13 AM

I keep my character steel on steel since it seems like it'd be harder to spot than a character with bright blazing logos on his arms.
Old 11-11-04, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was a great time playing with a bunch of you last night. It was just too bad we got our asses handed to us by some 12 year olds. We did have an impressive clan victory though. I need to go through all the maps, because I felt lost through a couple of them. Once we get our teamwork down, I think we will do quite well.

As far as colors go, I would vote for blue as background one and gold and background two. I don't know if you guys want the embelm colors to the be same, personally I think it might be nice to have them be different.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.