Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Reports: Halo 2 retail date broken in Midwest

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Reports: Halo 2 retail date broken in Midwest

Old 11-06-04, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by menaz
Nope, there sure isnt. The plastic case pictured above, is lined with sheets of tin. No cool tin box like I was expecting, I was pretty dissapointed with the whole deal /
heh i coulda sworn they said TIN case.

guess we'll have to wait a few days, no biggie.
Old 11-06-04, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by The Franchise
Riddle me this? Why would you pay$265 on ebay for a game that's going to be out next week? How stupid is that?
I wonder if Bungie is going to go after the seller...
Old 11-06-04, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SuprVgeta
I wonder if Bungie is going to go after the seller...
??? WHY????

C'mon this guy could have won it at many places such as 7-11, or at Radio Stations. Both places are running contests and the winners walk away with a Halo2 NOW. I see nothing wrong with this auction! C'mon the guy wants some extra $$$ and if people are willing to pay 400% MORE, so WHAT! At least we know...me and you wouldn't! We value our dollar.

It's rather annoying when people bitch about people who auction off stuff on Ebay that make huge markup. Yes, it doesn't make sense that people spend all that money....but some people have the money!

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with the auction. It's not like a bootleg
Old 11-06-04, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 610 Likes on 430 Posts
no luck at 2 Meiers in Louisville KY.
Old 11-06-04, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Cedrock
the modded one leaked a month ago and theyve all been playing halo 2 for a solid month by the time we all get the game, all of the videogame "pirates" will be halo gods.
I'm curious to see how this pans out. I don't know how the rest of the pirate population feels, but I know somebody who gets the bootleg games and doesn't want XBOX Live. He feels that XBConnect is just as good. Why would he pay for Live if he doesn't pay for games?

Also, the majority of people who have modded XBOXes probably face more difficulty getting on Live anyway.

The people we probably need to be most worried about are the people who play multiplayer at a friend's house who has the bootleg, but aren't the type to pirate themselves.
Old 11-06-04, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Get Me Coffee
??? WHY????

C'mon this guy could have won it at many places such as 7-11, or at Radio Stations. Both places are running contests and the winners walk away with a Halo2 NOW. I see nothing wrong with this auction! C'mon the guy wants some extra $$$ and if people are willing to pay 400% MORE, so WHAT! At least we know...me and you wouldn't! We value our dollar.

It's rather annoying when people bitch about people who auction off stuff on Ebay that make huge markup. Yes, it doesn't make sense that people spend all that money....but some people have the money!

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with the auction. It's not like a bootleg
Whoa, seems like a struck a nerve I was hardly "bitching" that this guy was selling in on ebay. I was just curious if Bungie is telling retailers you're in big trouble if you sell it, what would stop them from going after a single person selling the game before street date. Who knows where he got the game, it might just be some lacky at best buy who swiped a game early...
Old 11-07-04, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Xbox69
Those might just be the pre-release sample display cases. I've seen them at my GameStop as well. Look closely and it has printed on it: "Final cover art may vary from shown" . . . or something like that.
Looks like I may have been wrong, hehe. While in EB tonight I checked the sample case again, and it definitely has a stacked spindle, not a flipper.
Old 11-07-04, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, once you receive the collector's edition of the game, the long-term storage location of the game disc becomes the XBOX anyway.
Old 11-07-04, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SuprVgeta
Whoa, seems like a struck a nerve I was hardly "bitching" that this guy was selling in on ebay. I was just curious if Bungie is telling retailers you're in big trouble if you sell it, what would stop them from going after a single person selling the game before street date. Who knows where he got the game, it might just be some lacky at best buy who swiped a game early...
struck a nerve

It wasn't directly this auction nor Halo2...Kinda started when people were bitch about the Star Wars DVD's on Ebay...then this came up.... Sorry if I sounded rude