Reload this Page >

Dead or Alive Ultimate: Xbox Live thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 10-28-04, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me, this game is the most anticipated game of the year. More than Halo 2, more than GTA: San Andreas.

DOA3 was the reason I bought my Xbox. I love 3D fighting games! And now, we have the first-ever 3D fighting game to hit the online multiplayer scene.

Let's make this a thread for people interested in this game to post their gamertags. It's more fun to defeat and humiliate people you know than complete strangers.

my gamertag: Joshic
Old 10-28-04, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a bit confused about this. It's the Saturn version of DoA available to play online, or is the Saturn version just an "extra", and it's a "reworked" version of DoA2 you play online?
Old 10-28-04, 12:27 PM

DoA 1 (Saturn version) is exactly the same, except with the added ability of online play.

DoA 2 is completely redone; new engine, all levels redone with more added, new costumes, new moves. They've also mentioned that there's going to be free downloadable content later on (like Ninja Gaiden.. )
Old 10-28-04, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have the game- haven't tried it online yet though.
They really did a great job with the remake of DOA2, but honestly it's the same as all DOA games. Even the best players can be bested by a 3 year old button masher. It's rediculous.

It's also amazing how obvious IGN.com has been paid for their review. Considering this remake a perfect game, they practically hand out blow jobs to all of Tecmo for giving us this unbalanced remake of a mediocre fighting game. They are either getting cash on the side or really like tits.
Old 10-28-04, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 517 Likes on 380 Posts
I am looking forward to this title too, but technically the new Mortal Kombat was the first 3D on-line fighter.
Old 10-29-04, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by mmconhea
They really did a great job with the remake of DOA2, but honestly it's the same as all DOA games. Even the best players can be bested by a 3 year old button masher. It's rediculous.

It's also amazing how obvious IGN.com has been paid for their review. Considering this remake a perfect game, they practically hand out blow jobs to all of Tecmo for giving us this unbalanced remake of a mediocre fighting game. They are either getting cash on the side or really like tits.

Tell it brother!
Old 10-29-04, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got my copy today, gotta pretty cool Tina/Kasumi wall scroll as well!
Old 10-29-04, 03:40 AM
Banned

So is DOA2 Ultimate better than DOA3?
Old 10-29-04, 08:05 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I have to pick up this game today. I had pre-ordered it.

I like the fighting games, but it gets old fighting against the computer. So, when I found out this was going to be an online game, I jumped at the chance to pre-order.

I enjoyed DOA3.
Old 10-29-04, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I for one love DOA:U. I bought Mortal Kombat: Deception and absolutely hated it, so I was looking forward to finally getting a quality fighter in DOA:U and I was not disappointed. The control scheme is wonderful, the graphics are incredible, and I love the simple(yet deep) fighting engine.

November is going to be quite the month--DOA:U this week, LOTR: The Third Age next week, Halo 2 the week after....I can't remember a time when there was this many quality games coming out for the XBox.
Old 10-30-04, 11:07 PM

Yea, I grabbed DOAU the other day (with Mortal Kombat and GTA) and been having a ton of fun with DOAU. Just so many new costumes to unlock....
Old 10-31-04, 12:26 AM

Gamertag is SteelgearX...

Also, if anyone figures out how the hell to get two people on one xbox online, that would be great.
Old 10-31-04, 04:10 AM
Banned

The thing has boobies you can't get much more perfect then that. I love the DOA games they are the best fighters to me. On the other hand I hate VF pretty bad. SC is 2nd for my fav fighter.
Old 10-31-04, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,803 Likes on 2,563 Posts
My copy's coming from MTV shop. I'm looking forward to it. Has anyone played the "Online arcade" mode? I was wondering if it's fun watching other people's matches while waiting for your turn?
Old 10-31-04, 12:49 PM

Yeah, the arcade mode is fun, but I suggest keeping it at 4-5 players at a time. Watching others fight is cool until someone dominates the room and you have to wait for everyone to go before you get another shot. Helps with lag too.

Heckling others while they fight is too much fun.
Old 11-02-04, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this game is fun and well-made, but the lag is killing me!!!

the timing of my moves needs to keep changing depending on the amount of lag in the game.

I don't have lag problems with any of my other xbox live games. then again, fighting games are a different breed in that lag times of even fractions of a second can make a big difference in gameplay.
Old 11-02-04, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

IGN.com gave it a review score of 9.2 out of 10. The average review score at gamerankings.com is 87%. Gamespot gave it a score of 8.8. I can see how one might consider IGN's score a bit higher than deserved, but saying that "they practically hand our blow jobs to all of Tecmo for... a mediocre fighting game" is not really consistent with what the reviews are saying.
Old 11-02-04, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,803 Likes on 2,563 Posts
Hmmmm wouldn't you hand out hand jobs and blow out blow jobs?
Old 11-03-04, 01:26 PM

Some idiot on the gamefaqs message board was asking why they were playing Eminems "Sing for the moment" in the intro and not other Eminem songs. That post made my day.