*** The One & Only GTA : San Andreas Reviews & Impressions Thread ***

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** The One & Only GTA : San Andreas Reviews & Impressions Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-04, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
an hour wait at my local EBgames store. I stopped at the mall afterwards and the line at EB and Gamestop had huge lines that went out the store. they even had security kepping an eye on everything.
Old 10-25-04, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally posted by Leechboy
an hour wait at my local EBgames store. I stopped at the mall afterwards and the line at EB and Gamestop had huge lines that went out the store. they even had security kepping an eye on everything.
I'm about to head to my local EB, I expect to see the same thing.
Old 10-25-04, 08:42 PM
Banned

whatever u do, don't take a picture of anyone in da hood.....some latino gangsta put about 10 holes in me when i took his picture point blank.
Old 10-25-04, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by SomeVoices
I'm not going to beat around the bush. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the single best PlayStation 2 title I have ever played.
After a few hours of play, I completely agree. This game is absolutely bananas. Driving down the street hittin' switches, Jheri Curl glistenin' in the sunset, listening to Above the Law's "Murder Rap" on the radio, looking for prostitutes to complete your pimp mission - what could be better than that!?

I expect the heat on this game to be pretty high. More violent than Vice City, the "N" word, derogatory statements about Hispanics, breaking and entering, etc. It's like they just said "f-ck it, let's piss everybody off"
Old 10-25-04, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw the line out the door at EB when I went to get dinner across the street from where I work, took me a minute to realize why. I tried to switch my pre-order from GT4 to this at gamerush but I couldn't without losing the $20 off deal from the pre-order trade-in special they are running. I still have to finish the first two so maybe I will wait on this.
Old 10-25-04, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked mine up around 7:30 at Gamestop, and went right to the back table where a pile of copies were waiting. "VIP" I believe it's called. Smacked down my reciept, he slid me a copy, I walked out the door pissin' my pants with anticipation.

The story is pretty cool. He hasn't busted out or been released from prison like before. He just came home, but the cops are on his ass I guess. The voices are excellent and there are a few suprise actors. Check out the voice listing:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402224/fullcredits

Anyways, I've only played a few missions, but I've been very impressed. I'm having a helluva time finding my way around... but that goes without saying in GTA I suppose. The map on the screen isn't much help either. I might have to use the poster that's included.

Also... I think they've done away with "Hidden Packages..."
Spoiler:
Instead, you get a spraypaint can, and paint over other gangs' logos on various walls. Everytime I sprayed over one, "12 out of 100" would pop up.
Or maybe I just haven't found any hidden packages yet.

Also... on the back of the case... are you ready for this? It says...

(1-2 Players)
Old 10-25-04, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So I just picked mine up, left at about 6:15, got there at 6:30. Huge line, at least 75-100 people. I am getting ready to wait in line, then I realize that the line is for Gamestop.

I shudder, thinking I am in for the same at EB. There were 5 people in the store, including the 2 employees.

I asked if this was the GTA line, and he goes "Yeah, we're not like them (as he motioned towards the Gamestop) we prepared a little better for it."

I walked out 10 minutes later, with the game and the guide. The guide was 40% off so I got it for $10.
Old 10-25-04, 10:29 PM
Li

Anyone have any comments about this game having mutilplayer or not?
Old 10-25-04, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I better get a copy tomorrow morning. I am at work right now and I did not preorder but I am hitting the streetz ASAP
Old 10-25-04, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Daryl
I expect the heat on this game to be pretty high. More violent than Vice City, the "N" word, derogatory statements about Hispanics, breaking and entering, etc. It's like they just said "f-ck it, let's piss everybody off"
I want to make sure and get an original copy of this game in case they have to censor it again later as with VC.

Just read who the voices are in the game and it is pretty awesome. Even guys like Chuck D and Axl Rose are DJs.
Old 10-25-04, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
Ooooohhhh, I want this game NOW! Please be at TRU tomorrow...

Strange as it sounds, a 9.2 from IGN really doesn't mean much, but a 9.9 IS impressive.
Old 10-25-04, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is Rockstar (or whoever) going to release a soundtrack to this game like they did with Vice City? I just saw the track listing at Gamespot and I'd love to have the 1992 Rap station (forgot what they called it) on CD.
Old 10-25-04, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by eatntae
Is Rockstar (or whoever) going to release a soundtrack to this game like they did with Vice City? I just saw the track listing at Gamespot and I'd love to have the 1992 Rap station (forgot what they called it) on CD.
Yes, they are going to release a soundtrack for each station and a complete box set.

I think the soundtrack comes out in November.
Old 10-25-04, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The 1-2 players thing probably means you can do mini games with someone else. My guess, at least.

I just played it and I like it alot. Finally there are railroad tracks on the ground you can drive on

The only problem was my game froze after 30 mins. Somewhat disappointing.
Old 10-25-04, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Reviews Ive read say the 2 player option is for mini games, during story mode. Those who have the game, is it really a dual layer, like Rockstar was boasting?
Old 10-25-04, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just read IGN's review and it says the 2 player is for rampage missions, but you have to stay close and I think only one player can play at a time.
Old 10-26-04, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Since I was at the mall tonight I decided to wait in line and pick up a copy. I've been playing for a couple of hours and this game is fantastic! I saw the guide book in the store and it's huge. I've never bought a guide book (I just print FAQS from the net) but I'll probably have to go back and get this one since the game has so much to it.
Old 10-26-04, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
when does this come out on xbox?
Old 10-26-04, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Everyone has been hawking the guide book. What's the point? All the information winds up on the internet sooner or later for FREE. And what's the fun of having the game fi I'm going to just read a book to walk methrough it? If I ever really get stuck It'll be in a while and by then there willbe online walkthroughs.

Yes, the game is AWESOME. SOOO much. I'm kinda disappointed that they
Spoiler:
took hidden packages out and replaced it with stupid graffiti
but that's ok.
Old 10-26-04, 01:01 AM
Banned

5hours in and i'd give it a 9.6, its getting better and better, the size of the game is overwhelming, and all the little detail makes the gameplay that much funner.
Old 10-26-04, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by darkside
I want to make sure and get an original copy of this game in case they have to censor it again later as with VC.
What kind of censoring? I never heard anything of this.
Old 10-26-04, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait to pick it up at work tomorrow.
Old 10-26-04, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

David Cross does a voice? Is it a reprisal of 3 times 1 minus 1??? Because that would be cool... says the only person in the world who owns a 3 times 1 minus 1 t-shirt...
Old 10-26-04, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My only gripe is that they changed the buttons you use to change stations and you can't move/drive with the d-pad. It really sucks to have to take you finger off the steering wheel to change radio stations. But other than that this game kicks ASS.

Anyone want predict how long it takes the media to raise holy hell about the content of this game. I say three weeks after the election.
Old 10-26-04, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Ravenous
What kind of censoring? I never heard anything of this.
Haitians complained that Vice City was racist against them so instead of "kill all the Haitians" in one mission, you get something like "kill all the gang members"

After that, all the new copies of Vice City were made that way.

Last edited by nickdawgy; 10-26-04 at 03:01 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.