Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

$0.01 PC Games at Circuit City B&M

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-04, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$0.01 PC Games at Circuit City B&M

Update 9/10: Looks like the deal is dead now. I tried some games today, and the promo no longer automatically rings up.

Despite what a lot of people are saying, this shound NOT be YMMV. The penny PC games are ringing up for $9.99, so when you get a price check it will show $9.99. Don't ask for a price check, it won't tell you if a game is a penny or not. Instead ask the CC employee, if the there's a "promo package" on the game. He/she will scan the game, if it's part of the "$10 off promo" a window will pop up on the register screen.

Receipt Scan (receipt scan is for Silent Hill 3 PC $0.01, Desert Strom bundle $0.01, and a $9.95 Eternal Darkness GC).

The promo is $10 off instantly on certain PC games, so qualifying $9.99 games will go down to $0.01.

Here's a list from bytesizedeals.com of $9.99 games at CC. The "confimed" games are definately part of the "10 off promo."

100 Great Games for Win XP/201 Galaxy of Games (confirmed)
Amazon Trail II (confirmed)
Anarchy Online: Shadowlands Expansion Pack
Apocalyptica (confirmed as NOT a part of the promo)
Atari Revival / Intellivision Greatest Hits Bundle (confirmed)
Backyard Football 2004 (confirmed)
Battlefield 1942: The Road to Rome (confirmed)
Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII (confirmed)
Bionicle (confirmed)
Break! (confirmed)
Coaster Deluxe (confirmed)
Command & Conquer: Renegade (confirmed as NOT a part of the promo)
Conflict: Desert Storm Bundle (confirmed)
Contract JACK: Official Prequel to No One Lives Forever 2 (confirmed)
Dark Age of Camelot: Gold Edition
Demolition Champions
Drop! (confirmed)
EverQuest: The Planes of Power
Frogger (confirmed as NOT a part of the promo)
Grand Prix 4 (confirmed)
Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (confirmed)
Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup (confirmed)
The History Channel’s Crusades: Quest for Power (confirmed)
The Hobbit (confirmed)
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Madden NFL 2004 (confirmed)
Medal of Honor Expansion: Allied Assault Breakthrough (confirmed)
Medal of Honor Expansion Pack: Allied Assault Spearhead (confirmed)
Missing: Since January (confirmed as NOT a part of the promo)
Monopoly Tycoon jewel case (confirmed)
NASCAR Thunder 2003 (confirmed)
NASCAR Thunder 2004 (confirmed)
NBA Live 2004 (confirmed)
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (confirmed)
NHL 2003
Paddington Bear: The World Mystery Tour (confirmed)
Pac-Man: Adventure in Time
The Political Machine
Poppit To Go
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Time Twister
Secret Service: Security Breach (confirmed)
Shrek
Sid Meier’s Sim Golf (confirmed)
Solitaire/Bejeweled bundle (confirmed)
Silent Hill 3 (confirmed)
Sim Theme Park (confirmed)
Sponge Bob Square Pants: Operation Krabby Patty (confirmed)
Star Trek: Elite Forces II
TetraWorld (confirmed)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003
Treasure Racer (confirmed)
Trival Pursuit Unhinged (confirmed)
Ultimate Ride (confirmed)
Ultimate Solitaire 500 jewel case (confirmed)
Veggie Tales: Mystery of Veggie Island (confirmed)
X2: Wolverine’s Revenge (confirmed)

Last edited by DriftChamp; 09-10-04 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-08-04, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

nice. Heading there tomorrow.

Old 09-08-04, 11:18 PM

Udate: I found out that most (but not all) $9.99 PC games qualified for the "$10 off promo" making them a penny each. Frogger was a $9.99 game that did not work. We scanned quite a few PC games priced above and below $9.99. None that we scanned qualified for the promo.

Here's what I picked up for 11-cents. I can personally confirm that these are part of the promo:

Sid Meier's Sim Golf
Backyard Football 2004
Medal of Honor Allied Assaulft: Breakthrough expansion
Trivial Pursuit Unhinged
The Hobbit
Nascar Thunder 2003
Contract JACK
Ultimate Solitaire 500 (jewel case)
Atari/Intellivision 2-pack
Galaxy of Games/100 XP Great games Vol 2 2-pack
Solitaire/Bejeweled 2-pack
Old 09-08-04, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i got missing: since January for a penny, which is an awesome game if you like puzzle/mystery games
Old 09-08-04, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been wanting that Mystery of the Mummy Sherlock Holmes game. I'll have to go and see if its a penny.
Old 09-09-04, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn I just price checked some games and they showed $9.99 guess I will have to go back tomorrow. I should have known after the Toys R us deal never just go by a price check.

So at the register do I have to ask for the promo when they ring me up or is that only for the price check?
Old 09-09-04, 02:07 AM

I'll have to check out my local store tomorrow as well.
Old 09-09-04, 02:09 AM

Originally posted by msdmoney
Damn I just price checked some games and they showed $9.99 guess I will have to go back tomorrow. I should have known after the Toys R us deal never just go by a price check.

So at the register do I have to ask for the promo when they ring me up or is that only for the price check?
List from bytesizedeals.com updated. I did the same thing yesterday and thought it was a bogus deal. I was able to find out what's up by talking to some CC employees earlier today. A simple price check won't show if the game is part of the promo. If they scanned the game as if you were checking out, there will be a message that pops up on their screen that says "$10 off promo" on the qualifying games.

If you've ever watched a CC employee ring you up when you buy a "Buy 1 get 1 free" game/dvd there, it's the same thing. A message pops up on their screen, telling them that there's a promo going on with the item they just scanned. That's why a price check won't work, you have to ask if there's a "promo package" on the game.
Old 09-09-04, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They have to ring up like the toysrus deal.

I just went and I got( and should've gotten more :

Trivial Persuit Unhinged x 2
Nascar Thunder x 3
Backyard Football 2004 x 2
Command And Conquer Renegade
100 XP Great Games/201 Galaxy Games Bundle
Drop!
Ultimate Solitare 500
Monopoly Tycoon
Medal Of Honor Breakthrough Expansion Pack
Medal Of Honor Spearhead Expansion Pack

TOTAL $ .14 Cents
Old 09-09-04, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I tried this early this morning when they opened, but the clerk in the game area was inept and sent me to the front of the store, the guy started ringing them up and a lady (manager?) came over asked what he was doing. She said the $10 off budget titles (the promotion box thats pops up on screen) had already been included thats why "some" of them had been price changed from $19.99 to $9.99. I left empty handed.
Old 09-09-04, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are these games all in a special bin or something? Or are they all mixed in with all the other PC games?

What I'm trying to get at is, are these games marked as being part of a sale?

Thanks.
Old 09-09-04, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
No, none of the games are labelled as being $.01. If they were, there would be nothing left when you got there. Circuit City is kind of strange that way.

The last time they had one of their big sales on PC games, I went to one store that had almost every game I wanted because nothing was marked and then I went to a different location where everything was marked and they were almost completely wiped out.

Edit: Thanks for the post, DriftChamp. I picked up a bunch of games. The only one that rang up full price for me was Missing: Since January, which I'll probably return later.
Old 09-09-04, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by GoVegan

Edit: Thanks for the post, DriftChamp. I picked up a bunch of games. The only one that rang up full price for me was Missing: Since January, which I'll probably return later.
Yeah, you're right about Missing Since January. I tried it today, and it didn't work. Same case with C&C Renegade.

I haven't had any problems with getting the games for a penny each. I went to 3 CC stores today and picked up about 15 different titles. Surprisingly, all the CC employess were helpful. They scanned a bunch of stuff for me and were pretty excited about the games being just a penny.
Old 09-09-04, 08:26 PM

I went to the San Carlos CC and when I tried to check them out, she told me that I need a coupon for the discount... Is there a coupon or she was BS me? If there is one, where can I find it?

Thanks!
Old 09-09-04, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
Are these games all in a special bin or something? Or are they all mixed in with all the other PC games?

What I'm trying to get at is, are these games marked as being part of a sale?

Thanks.
No Special Bin

Not Marked

No Coupon

They are all mixed with the others.

Anyone who haven't been succesful with the purchase should try again at different time. Do not ask them to just scan the product because it will come out at regular price.

Just picked them and take them to the register and get the total amount.

Do not let the haterz at CC stop you from buying them.
Old 09-09-04, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This deal isn't meant to be used like it has been. It's designed to be used with the PC Gamer coupon.
Old 09-09-04, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by NitroJMS
This deal isn't meant to be used like it has been. It's designed to be used with the PC Gamer coupon.
That's what I was thinking too...

I'd feel a bit shitty going in and buying a bunch of games for a penny... man; I might be cheap, but I have some dignity!
Old 09-09-04, 10:18 PM

So, if I want to be an honest guy, do I need to buy the last PC Gamer (Dungeons & Dragons cover)? In what page is the coupon?

Thanks
Old 09-09-04, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up the two MOH:AA expansions and C&C Renegade, which is all that was there to begin with.
Old 09-09-04, 10:39 PM

I don't know if that's really true. The reason I say that is because games priced above $9.99 are not ringing up with the promo at the register. Also, not all $9.99 are ringing up with the promo. If the $10 off promo was designed to be used with the PC Gamer coupon, why is it only select $9.99 games and why aren't games priced above $9.99 part of the promo?

Anyways, I haven't had any problems getting 1-cent games. Like I said before the CC employees have been very helpful with me.
Old 09-09-04, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by DriftChamp
I don't know if that's really true. The reason I say that is because games priced above $9.99 are not ringing up with the promo at the register. Also, not all $9.99 are ringing up with the promo. If the $10 off promo was designed to be used with the PC Gamer coupon, why is it only select $9.99 games and why aren't games priced above $9.99 part of the promo?

Anyways, I haven't had any problems getting 1-cent games. Like I said before the CC employees have been very helpful with me.
Trust me, it's designed for the PC Gamer coupon. It's even called PC Gamer in the system and probably on the receipt too if the deal goes through.
Old 09-10-04, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I walked up to the counter with a ton of games.....and long story short they all came up full price. I believe he totalled them and everything, not just price scanned. Everyone around thought I was crazy with how many games I brought up, I thought I would really get them when the total came, guess the joke was on me. I babbled something and took them back. All were games on the list too like Silent Hill 3.
Old 09-10-04, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Trust me, it's designed for the PC Gamer coupon. It's even called PC Gamer in the system and probably on the receipt too if the deal goes through.
Correct, my receipt says "PKG PCGAMER2" with each item.
Old 09-10-04, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I may try it this weekend, but there probably won't be anything there.
Old 09-10-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by msdmoney
I walked up to the counter with a ton of games.....and long story short they all came up full price. I believe he totalled them and everything, not just price scanned. Everyone around thought I was crazy with how many games I brought up, I thought I would really get them when the total came, guess the joke was on me.

I feel your pain - this is exactly why I'm leary about trying this particular deal...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.